Tuesday, December 29, 2020

LMCHAPTERS 1261 - 1265

LM

CHAPTERS 1261 - 1265







CHAPTER 1261 



"Fall in love?" Andrew had never had a relationship before he was with Silvia, so he had no idea how to date someone. The moment Silvia mentioned it, although he was anticipating it, he was somewhat at a loss at the same time. 


What he knew best was to close business deals. No matter how capable his opponents were, he would definitely be the victor in the end. 


To him, dating was much more difficult than closing a deal. However, as long as it was what Silvia wanted to do, he was willing to give it a try even if he knew nothing about it. 


"Let's fall in love like how any other ordinary couples would. From being strangers to getting to know each other and slowly developing feelings for each other. We can start by going on dates, holding hands, and something like that." Silvia looked at Andrew expectantly and said in a soft tone, "Andrew, are you willing to do this with me?" 


In fact, what Silvia wanted was not to date him. What she wanted instead was to normalize their relationship. She did not want it to be a mutually beneficial deal, nor did she want it to be a contractual obligation... She wanted them to be together simply because they wanted to. 


He liked her and she wanted to be with him too. Since they liked each other and they were happy with each other's company, shouldn't they date each other normally? 


Andrew understood what she was thinking, so he nodded solemnly and said, "Sure, let's do it!" 


"Andrew Carter, from now on, we are officially a couple." Silvia held out her hand and said, "Give me the contract that you've forced me to sign, I'll destroy it." 


The contract that he had forced her to sign was the most direct evidence of their improper relationship. Since Silvia wanted to live a good life with him, she definitely would not tolerate the existence of that piece of evidence. 


Andrew said, "There's no such contract at all." 


Silvia raised her eyebrows. “No such contract?" 


Andrew added, "I've already destroyed it on the day you signed it.“ 


Similarly, what Andrew wanted was not a contractual marriage. He not only wanted her, and also her heart. 


As long as she had him in her heart, there was nowhere she could escape to for the rest of her life. 


It turned out that Andrew had already destroyed that contract a long time ago. That meant he regarded Silvia as his wife all this while. However, Silvia was kept in the dark, thinking that Andrew never valued her. 


Silvia threw herself into his arms and said, "Andrew, why didn't you tell me?" 


Andrew, "Because you've never asked me about it." 


Silvia was left speechless. Alright. What else could she say? 


Andrew reached out his hand and stroked her hair. "Silvia, I'm serious about you. I'm serious about you right from the beginning." 


Otherwise, he would not have paid so much attention to her for such a long time and eventually decided to pursue her. 


"I'm also serious about you too. Otherwise, I won't bring you home to see my mother." Since she wanted to start a new life with him again, Silvia felt that she should make things clear to him. "Andrew, l have something to tell you before we officially start dating each other." 


Andrew: "What is it?" 


Silvia said, "I used to like a guy before you." 


Andrew nodded, "I know." 


"I grew up with him and we have been friends for a long time. I used to think that he was the only man I would marry in this life and I would spend the rest of my life happily with him. But just a few months ago, he had completely vanished. I couldn't find him no matter how hard I tried and I don't even know if he was still alive. I only knew that I had completely lost him." No matter what, Felix was someone Silvia had once loved deeply. The moment Silvia mentioned him, she would still feel sad. 


Speaking of this, Silvia's voice became a little muffled. "The photo that you tore into pieces last night was the only photo left of us and that was why I was being so angry at you.“ 


"I'm sorry!" After calming down, Andrew realized that what he had done was very childish. He could tear the photo into pieces, but he could never remove that man from Silvia's heart by doing so. In the end, what he did was pointless. 


"I accept your apology!" Silvia lay in his arms and continued, "Sometimes I would even think that he was just someone in my imagination. It was only when I saw the photo that I knew he had really appeared in my life." 


Andrew understood how Silvia felt at that time because he felt the same before. 


Silvia said again, "Andrew, he is not only my first love, but also a companion who grew up with me. He is also a big brother who loved me and protected me. Apart from my father, he was the man who loved me the most... That's why I could never forget him, nor will I forget him. Do you get me?" 


She could try her best to accept Andrew's love, but she should also feel grateful towards the people who had loved her and cared for her in the past. She should never forget him. 


Even if Felix had abandoned her, Silvia really hoped that Felix was still alive. She hoped that he was living a good life and that he could find a woman who he really loved. 


Now that Silvia had told him about the story between her and Felix, it proved that she had really moved on from her past. Andrew was relieved at that instant. 


He hugged her and said, "From now on, besides your father, I will be the man who loves you the most. There will never be another man who will love you like I do." 


His tone was still as overbearing as ever, but Silvia felt warm as she listened to him. In future, there would still be a strong shoulder that she could lean on to. 


Silvia smiled and said, "Then tell me, have you ever liked anyone else before me?" 


"Yeah I do... but it's all in the past.“ Andrew was not willing to mention it, and he should not talk too much about it too. 


"Yeah, it's all in the past now." Silvia took a deep breath and exhaled, as if she was bidding goodbye to the past. "Andrew Carter, let's start all over again." 


Life was short and it would be over in a blink of an eye. Therefore, they should cherish each other and live their lives to the fullest while they were still young and when they still had each other by their sides. 


"Silvia..." 


"Hmm?" When Silvia heard Andrew's deep voice, Silvia looked up and happened to meet his kiss. With a gentle touch, his seductive lips landed on her eyelids. 


As they were halfway through the kiss, Andrew reached out his hand and pulled out the drawer of the nightstand. Silvia grabbed his hand and blushed as she said, "Andrew, don't bother. I want a child, a child that belongs to us." 


"It's still early for you to get pregnant. We can have one after you graduate, okay?" Due to her health condition, Andrew must not let Silvia conceive a child. He would definitely not allow any room for accidents, so no matter how eager he was to do it with her, he would never forget to take precautions. 


"I'm not even worried about it, what are you worrying about..." Silvia was displeased because Andrew had been stopping her from getting pregnant. 


"Be a good girl and listen to me! We can have one after two years!" Since Andrew insisted, Silvia could do nothing about it. Then, the two of them were so into it that she could not think about anything else anymore. 







CHAPTER 1262 



There was a commonly known fact that men were physically stronger than women. Silvia never felt that was the case most of the time, but whenever she was doing it with Andrew, she had no choice but to agree. 


She was a young woman who never had to take any kind of medicine if she had a cold, but when it comes to this, her stamina could never keep up with Andrew who had a weak body. 


When Silvia thought that she was weaker than a man who was constantly on medication, she felt kind of frustrated. 


Andrew got out of bed right after. He did not even need to get any rest, but he already looked energetic. He didn't look like a person who was grinding away a while ago. 


As for Silvia, she had to catch up on some sleep and it was not until it was noon time that she had woken up. However, she still felt tired and she even looked a little listless, making people wonder what she had done the night before. 


Levi James and Julian Carter studied her with a curious look. The two of them almost wanted to ask her, "Sister Silvia, did you become a thief last night?" 


It was all because of Andrew, that animal who had no self-control, that she was being looked at like she was some exotic creature. 


Silvia quietly cast a plaintive look at Andrew. Didn‘t she say that they would date like a normal couple? But Andrew skipped every single step and went straight to the fourth base. 


"Sister Silvia." After staring at Silvia for a long time, Levi squeezed to her side and picked up a piece of her favourite braised pork for her. "You've worked hard last night. You should eat more to nourish your body." 


Levi was very thoughtful and adorable too. Silvia couldn‘t help getting close to him and lowering her head to rub it against his tender face. "Thanks, Levi!" 


"You're welcome, Sister Silvia." Levi smiled. His smile was cunning yet lovely. "I'm not just feeding you, I'm feeding my future nephew too." 


Silvia was confused. "What nephew?" 


Levi looked at Silvia's lower abdomen with his bright eyes. "Sister Silvia, there might already be a baby in there now and that baby will be my nephew in the future. So you should eat more, only then you can give birth to two cute nephews for us to play with." 


Upon hearing Levi's words, Silvia spat out the soup in her mouth and coughed... Were all the Carters that smart? 


"Just eat your food Levi. Don't talk nonsense on the dining table." Andrew patted Silvia's back and warned Levi, "I will take care of your sister-in-law, you don’t need to worry about her." 


Levi pursed his lips and said mischievously, "Andrew, I'm not even twelve yet." 


Levi was trying to imply that he was still a child, so Andrew did not have to be so wary of him like he was his love rival. 


He did admit that he liked Silvia, but Silvia was Andrew's wife after all. Even if Levi liked her, he would never ever try to steal his older cousin's wife. 


Andrew would be a middle~aged man in a few years. Fortunately, he found himself a wife now. As for Levi, he was still a kid! He had all the time to look for a girlfriend. He had no reason to snatch Andrew's woman! 


"Yeah, you're not even 12, but you're already so crafty." Andrew pinched Levi's tender cheek. "Well, how about this? I'll call Aunt Angela and ask her to bring you back to Jiangbei." 


"Andrew, I don't want to go home." Levi shook his head. 


It was not too long ago that the incident had happened. If Angela were to find out about it, she would definitely beat Levi to a pulp. Therefore, Levi had planned to stay at Andrew's place for a year and he would only go home when Julien and Victor James finally forget about that incident. 


“You have to go home," Andrew said. 


"Sister Silvia..." Levi pursed his lips and tugged the edge of Silvia's top with a pitiful look. "Sister Silvia, I promise I'll never talk nonsense anymore. Could you please let me stay here and take care of you? Okay?" 


Silvia was reluctant to let these two boys go too. On top of that,she could not resist the pitiful look on Levi's face at all. Therefore, she tugged Andrew's shirt and said. "Andrew, Levi doesn't want to go home yet. Why not we just let him stay here for a few more days?" 


Just as Andrew was starting to waver, Julien, who had been eating silently, suddenly said, "Andrew, Levi made a huge mistake, that's why he doesn't have the courage to go home." 


Andrew looked at Julien and said, "Julien, tell me, what did Levi do?" 


Levi warned him, "No Julien, you're not allowed to say it. If you say it, you're no longer my friend." 


"That's fine. I've never thought of you as my friend anyway." Julien smiled deviously. "Levi went behind Aunt Angela's back and introduced a girl to Uncle Victor and he even sent that woman to Uncle Victor's bed. Luckily, Uncle Victor found out about it in time, otherwise..." 


Now that Julien had exposed all the bad things that he had done, Levi felt that the sky was about to collapse on him. He sighed in his heart, "I must have offended the Gods to have such a cousin!“ 


"Levi, it seems like you're going to get your ass kicked." From Andrew's point of view, Levi's mischievous deeds were all because of Angela, who would always cause trouble. She was definitely the one who taught Levi all those things. 


Perhaps even Angela had never expected that her son would use the tricks that she taught him against her. 


"Julien, I will never trust you again. Boohoo... Sister Silvia, I'm so pitiful. They are both bullying me." Levi put on a pitiful look as he threw herself into Silvia‘s arms and wailed. 


Andrew got his hands on Levi and pulled him out of Silvia's arms. He said, "Levi, if you behave yourself and stop taking advantage of your sister-in-law, perhaps I will consider not sending you back to Jiangbei." 


Silvia said dispiritedly, "Andrew, he's just a child. Why are you making such a huge fuss about it?" 


Andrew said, "He might be young, but he's a scheming little boy. I can never trust him." 


Levi's tears were constantly flowing down, "I'm just an ignorant child but all of you are bullying me... Boohoo... No one loves me, and no one cares about me..." 


Seeing that Levi was crying so sorrowfully, Silvia's heart was almost broken into pieces. She was so anxious that she immediately pulled Levi back into her arms and shouted, "Don't bully him anymore, Andrew!" 


"This brat is just putting on an act!" Levi's acting could fool Silvia, but Jayden and Julien would never fall for it. 


"He is just a kid, how could it be just an act? If you're that great, then let's see if you could cry like him at this instant." No matter what, Silvia had decided that she would protect Levi. As long as she was around, she would never let Andrew bully him. 


"Boohoo... My parents don't love me, and even my big brother is bullying me... I'm so pitiful...Boohoo..." Levi hid in Silvia's arms. Although he was crying, the corners of his lips were obviously curling upwards. 







CHAPTER 1263 



"Don't cry, Levi! As long as I'm here, I will not let them bully you." Silvia patted Levi's back. She really thought he was just an ordinary kid. She had no idea that Levi had been plotting against her since a long time ago. 


"Sister Silvia, not only you are pretty, you are kind too. You are really an angel from heaven!" They had only stayed here for a few days, but Levi knew very well how this household worked. 


Superficially, Andrew was the head of the family, but in fact, Silvia was the one with the final say because Andrew would always listen to her. Since the head of the family had to follow Silvia's wishes, she was undoubtedly the one with the most power. 


As long as he had Silvia on his side, he could then do whatever he wanted in this family. Huh! He no longer had to fear that the cheeky Julien would trick him. 


"You'd better stop right there, Levi!" With Silvia shielding over Levi, Andrew had no choice but to compromise. "As long as you behave yourself, I can let you stay here." 


Upon hearing Andrew's words, Levi immediately raised his head and squeezed out two pitiful teardrops. "Andrew, promise me that you won't chase me away anymore, okay?" 


Andrew nodded reluctantly and said, "As long as you are obedient and don't cause any trouble, I can promise you that.“ 


"Thank you, Andrew! I love you, Andrew!" After that, Levi climbed up the chair. He held Silvia's head and kissed her on the face. "I want to thank you too, Sister Silvia!" 


"You're welcome!" With just one kiss, Silvia‘s heart softened in an instant. 


"Levi Brown!" Andrew roared. He took Levi away from Silvia once again and said, "You are not allowed to go near Silvia anymore, or I will pack you up and send you back to Jiangbei." 


"Save me, Sister Silvia." Levi's tiny mouth twitched, as if he was about to cry again. 


“Don't yell at him, Andrew!" Silvia came forward to protect Levi. "If you shout at him again, I will cancel our date tonight." 


Andrew was left speechless. 


Just how dumb this woman was? Could she not see that Levi was just putting on a show? 


Perhaps Silvia could tell that Levi was just putting on a show, but because he was Andrew's brother and he was such an adorable little boy, so she was willing to spoil him and let him do whatever he wanted. 


As long as the boys were happy, it didn't matter if she had to pretend to be an idiot. 


Just as Andrew and Levi were bickering with each other, Julien unhurriedly took out his mobile phone and dialed a familiar number. “Hello, is this Aunt Angela?" 


When Levi heard that Julien had called Angela Carter on the phone, he immediately turned around and rushed to Julien's side in a flash. He grabbed Julien's mobile phone and said, "Julien, 

you... "


Mia‘s high pitched voice sounded from the phone. "My little precious, you're such a heartless little thing. You're finally willing to give me a phone call huh?" 


Julien furrowed his brows when heard Angela calling him her little precious. He had told her countless times that he was no longer a little kid, so there was no need to call him with such a childish name. However, the women in the family would never listen to him. 


The loudspeaker was on but Angela still called him with such a childish name. Julien was very embarrassed. At that moment, he thought that Angela really deserved it that her son had sent a woman to her husband's bed. 


Knowing that Julien disliked the nickname, not only did Levi not avoid saying it, he answered, "Mom, I'm not Little Precious. I'm your precious son? 


"Levi, how dare you run away from home without telling me? You're asking for a beating, aren't you?" That was what Angela said, but her tone did not sound like she was going to beat the crap out of Levi at all. She was just trying to scare him. 


"Mom, we missed Andrew too much and that's why we came to Madison City to look for him. I know it's our fault for not telling you and Dad beforehand, you can punish me when I go back home." Although he would always feel that his parents did not love him, Levi knew very well that they actually did. Therefore, Angela would not actually give him any severe punishments. 


"Levi, it's good that you know your mistakes. Make sure you behave well when you're at Andrew's place and don't cause any trouble for him, okay?" Out of a sudden, Victor James' voice sounded from the phone. 


"Dad, I won‘t cause any trouble, so you shouldn't cause any trouble for me too.“ Levi was hinting at Victor. He was trying to tell his father that he should not tell Angela about that incident. If Victor exposed him, he would make things difficult for Victor too. 


"You little brat, I'll make sure to give you a good beating when you're back!" Victor said in a deep voice. 


"Victor James, he's my son. I wasn't even angry at him, how could you be so fierce with him?" Angela wasn't protecting his son. In her opinion, she was the only person who could bully her son. Victor was not allowed to do so. 


Victor replied, "Without me, will you be able to give birth to him?" 


Angela said, "Without you, I could just find another man!" 


Victor was furious, "Angela, you damn woman, it seems like you need me to teach you a lesson!" 


Angela retaliated, "Victor James, come at me if you dare to. I'm not afraid of you!" 


The call was still connected, and their son was still listening to their conversation. However, they were quarreling as if no one was around and their words were slowly getting more obscene. 


Andrew was used to it, and so was Julien. Levi, who had to go through the same exact thing every day, was completely used to it too. Silvia, on the other hand, was the only one who felt embarrassed as she listened to the content. 


Although she would often curse in front of Andrew, she would always pay great attention to her image whenever there were children around. She would never say vulgar things in front of them. She quickly snatched away the phone in Levi‘s hands and hung it up. She said awkwardly, "Let's, let's eat..." 


"You don't have to feel embarrassed, Sister Silvia," Levi said casually, "They would get into a fight every other day so I'm already used to it. It's really nothing to be bothered about." 


Silvia smiled awkwardly. "Oh, umm, I'm not embarrassed." 


She covertly glanced at Andrew and Julien. Both of them were eating quietly as if they did not notice what was happening on the phone a while ago. Their behavior made her seem like she was guilty. 


Just as Silvia's ears were getting even redder, Levi suddenly added, "Sister Silvia, I'm sure you and Andrew often did what my parents did, right?" 


Ahem... Silvia was choking on her food. 


Why did he have to say it out loud? Did he not know that no matter how thick-skinned she was, she would still be embarrassed? Silvia turned to Andrew for help, but Andrew was still eating his food gracefully. He replied unhurriedly, "Yeah, we do it all the time!" 


Silvia was at a loss for words. 


What kind of monsters were they? How could they teach children like this? They were still young and they did not know how to distinguish between right and wrong. Did Andrew not know that children could be easily influenced by the things that they were taught? 


However, she was the only one among them who was surprised. Neither of the three brothers felt that there was anything wrong about it. They continued with their meal and the atmosphere at the dining table became harmonious in an instant. 


Silvia, on the contrary, was an exception! 







CHAPTER 1264 



After lunch, Silvia had to rush to school while Andrew had to go to work. Therefore, they had decided to leave those two lovely but naughty boys at home. 


Julien bade goodbye to both of them when they were about to leave the house. He looked smart and sensible, and he was no doubt an obedient boy who would never cause trouble for the adults in the family. 


However, Julien was secretly pinching Levi's back with his other hand. Levi felt the pain and immediately rolled his eyes at Julien. 


Julien was a scheming boy. He was the one who wanted to follow Andrew around, but he just wanted to push the responsibility onto Levi. Compared to him, Levi was just an ignorant little boy. 


Levi wanted to be tough for once. He did not want to give in to Julien, so he smiled brightly and waved at Andrew and Silvia, "Andrew, Sister Silvia, see you tonight! Sob..." 


Levi was starting to burst into tears again. That was because... that scheming Julien had spoken to him in a voice that only he could hear. Julien told Levi that if Levi were to go against him, he would call Angela Carter and tell her about the incident. 


What Angela could not tolerate the most was Levi getting bullied and Victor getting seduced by another woman. If Angela were to find out what Levi had done, the consequences would be beyond his imagination. Hence, Levi had no choice but to comply. 


Andrew said, "What's the matter again, Levi?" 


When Silvia saw Levi's tears flowing down his face, she quickly ran back to him. "What's wrong, Levi?" 


Levi took the opportunity to throw himself into Silvia‘s arms and said pitifully, "Sister Silvia, I don't want to stay at home. I want to go out with you. Could you please take me with you? Please..." 


Humph, since Julien wanted to stay by Andrew's side, he would not let that happen. Instead, he would stick to Silvia. If Julien wanted to follow Andrew, then he could go tell Andrew about it himself. 


"But Levi, I'm going to school for my class, I'm not going out to have fun." Silvia was in a dilemma. She did not want the boys to feel sad, but how could she bring them to school? 


Levi said in a soft voice, "Sister Silvia, we promise that we will listen to you. We will not cause any trouble for you while we are there. Please, please take me with you." 


"Levi, if you don't want to stay at home, you can just come with me. Don't bother Silvia." Andrew tried to take Levi away again. However, Levi had become smarter this time. He hugged Silvia tightly so Andrew was unable to pull him away. 


"Andrew, they just want to take a look around my campus. I'll just let them tag along with me. lt's a good thing after all for them to explore around the city." These two boys had already seen quite a fair bit of the city but Silvia was not aware of that at all. She was spoiling these two boys so much that there was no bottom line at all. 


Andrew asked, "Do you really want to bring them along with you?" 


Silvia nodded. "Yeah. I really don't mind them tagging along." 


As expected, the final outcome of their discussion was that Andrew would go to work alone, and Silvia would go to school with the two boys. 


Silvia was already a legendary figure on campus. Now that she had brought two beautiful boys along with her to school that day, all three of them felt like they had become the animals in the zoo. Everywhere they went, there would be people staring at them and discussing them. 


"Sister Silvia, is everyone here this unworldly? Have they never seen people like us?" Levi pouted his lips. Although he was under the crowd's gaze, he did not freak out at all. 


Silvia smiled and said, "It's not that they are unworldly. It's because the two of you are too good-looking. People like to look at beautiful things." 


"Hmm, that's true." Levi nodded in agreement. It was true that he would always attract a lot of attention when he was out. Regardless of their gender and age, they would all stare at him. Because of that, he had gradually gotten used to being the center of attention. 


"Sister Silvia, I'm sure that a lot of people are jealous of you, right?" Julien suddenly blurted out such a statement. 


"What's there about me to be jealous of though?" In the past, when she was in love with Felix, it was true that a lot of people were envious of her. But after Felix had gone missing, there was no other reason for them to be jealous of her. 


"Sister Silvia, you're so pretty and you have such a dashing husband too. And at this moment, you have two handsome boys by your side. Everything about you just makes people jealous of you." Once again, Levi was speaking on Julien's behalf. 


"Well, you're right. Now that l have two handsome and charming boys by my side to protect me, how can they not be jealous of me, right?" Silvia was overjoyed after listening to what Levi had said. 


At the same time, Andrew , who had just arrived at the company, received the news about the assassination. It was Simon Banks who came to his office personally to report the incident to him, "Master Andrew, there were two professional killers who tried to assassinate Master Julien and Master Levi yesterday." 


"How can you only tell me about it now?" Andrew raised his eyebrows as he stared at Simon with his sharp eyes. "Simon, what happened to you? Are you getting old now that you're doing your job like this?" 


Simon said with fear, "Master Julien did not want you to worry about them, so he told me not to mention this matter to you. In addition to that, I was too engrossed in ferreting out the mastermind behind it, so I couldn't report to you in time." 


"Julien is just a little kid, are you going to listen to whatever he says?" Andrew really wished that he could just throw Simon out of the window at that instant. "Who is the mastermind then? How dare they set their eyes on Julien and Levi. We must not let them get away that easily." 


"We haven't found out who was the one behind it yet." If he had found out who it was, Simon would have already dealt with it himself. He would not have rushed over to Andrew and let him know about what had happened the day before. 


"One day has passed but you're here telling me that you haven't found the mastermind?" Andrew squinted, and the look in his eyes was so intense that he looked exactly like a beast which was going to pounce on Simon. 


Simon wiped off the cold sweat on his forehead and continued, "Those killers who were after Master Julien and Master Levi are very well known killers in Madison City, and they do not belong to any particular organization. They only work for the money so they had no idea who was the one who hired them. And because of that, it's very difficult for us to find out who the mastermind was." 


Without any delay, Andrew gave out his orders, "Simon, I want you to inform Stanley about this immediately and ask him to go over to University A right now. Let him know that he will be the one who will be protecting Silvia and the two boys for the coming days." 


"Yes, Sir." Simon immediately informed Stanley. After informing Stanley, Simon hung up the phone and fearfully waited for any further instructions. "Master Andrew..." 


Within a short period of time, Andrew had already figured out the entire situation. He said, "There are only three possible parties who would want to do harm to Julien and Levi. The first one would be Shengtian's competitors. the second would be the James family's rival, and the third one would be my enemy. I want you to look into it from all these three aspects. I‘m confident that you'll find something very soon." 







CHAPTER 1265 



As a huge business empire that was still developing and expanding, Shengtian would definitely affect certain parties' interests. Some of them who had suffered losses had developed hatred against Shengtian and they had been thinking of ways to take revenge on Shengtian. 


Among the Carters, Julien, who was young, would be the easiest to target on. Therefore, as long as there was a slight chance, those people would let it slip through their fingers. 


In the past few years, Victor had been in charge of the military region in Jiangbei. There were many people who wanted to get rid of him. Since those people couldn't hurt him, they would naturally have their eyes on his son, Levi. 


According to Andrew's analysis, it was possible that it was Shengtian and the James family‘s rival who did it. However, Andrew thought that since the boys were being targeted when they were in Madison City, it was very likely that it was because of him. 


In the past three years, his business had been expanding day by day, which made him a legendary figure in Madison City and many people would be scared out of their wits when they heard his name. Therefore, it was expected that he had offended quite a number of people. 


Simon Banks said, "Master Andrew, I will do as you say and look into every one of them. We must find out the mastermind and make sure that they will never be able to hurt Master Julien and Master Levi again." 


If the bad guys wanted to deal with these two kids, not to mention Andrew, even Simon, a loyal subordinate of the Carter family, would do everything he could to prevent it from happening. 


............


The university's system was rather relaxed. No one really cared if Silvia would show up for class or if she would leave before the class ended.As long as she could pass the final examination, no one would say anything about it. 


Later that afternoon, there would be a class by Alina Bell's uncle, Professor Bell. Silvia intended to attend the lecture, so she'd asked Prince and Lemur if they wanted to come along. However, the two of them shook their heads repeatedly and even said that they would never attend his class no matter what. 


Professor Bell's had always been strict during his lecture. He would never allow his students to get distracted during the lecture. Unless they were compelled to, most of his students would not attend his classes. Those students who were willing to attend all his classes were those who were hardworking. 


At first, Silvia thought that Professor Bell was the reason why Alina Bell was being so arrogant on campus. Because of that, Silvia had always had a bad impression of Professor Bell and she would never attend any of his classes. 


However, ever since Mr. Donald's incident, Silvia finally realized that she should never judge a book by its cover. Professor Bell was strict, but he had never abused his power. 


On top of that, he was very good at his job as a lecturer. Silvia thought that she had missed out on a lot of opportunities in the past, so this time, she had decided that she would attend Professor Bell's class, in hopes to learn more from him. 


Since Silvia wanted to attend the class, she had no choice but to bring those adorable and sensible boys along with her. 


Professor Bell had a problem with Silvia to begin with. Seeing that she had brought these two brats with her to his class, he was so upset that he started glowering at her. He tried his best to hold his anger in, but in the end, he could not stand it anymore. "Miss Turner, what on earth do you think University A is? Do you think that this is a daycare center?" 


Silvia was at a loss for words. 


Silvia knew that Professor Bell was an uncompromising person, so before stepping into the lecture hall, she had told the boys not to cause any trouble. All they had to do was to keep quiet during the lecture. 


Now that Professor Bell was starting to lash out at her, Silvia felt extremely embarrassed. However, the two boys did not cause any trouble during the lecture, so she stood up and wanted to refute. 


However, Julien stopped her and gave her a look, asking her to calm down. He slowly stood up and said politely, "Professor Bell, we are also here to attend your class. Please don't discriminate against us because we are young.“ 


Julien was very polite with his words. No one could find any faults with his behavior. However, he was still too young, so no one was convinced that he could actually understand the lecture. 


Professor Bell was not convinced either. But since he was talking to a young boy, he began to calm down and even tried to be a little more friendly. "Boy, it's good that you have a heart to learn despite being at such a young age, but you should start from the basics first. Learning is like building a house. You have to set up a strong foundation first, only then you could start building the rest. You can't build the roof first, can you?" 


"Professor Bell, it seems like you're still looking down on us after all. You can't assume that we know nothing just because we are young." Levi said with his tiny mouth. Julien was a child genius. Now that he was being discriminated against, he would definitely stand up and defend himself. 


Julien said solemnly, "Sit down, Levi. Stop interrupting the lecture. It's our business whether we understand the lecture, we don't need to care about what the others think about us. 


Levi shouted inwardly. He was trying to help Julien out, but how could he start pointing fingers at him and make it sound as if he was the unreasonable one. Thank god Silvia was sitting next to him. He felt better knowing that he would always have someone to comfort him. 


“Alright, since you want to attend this lecture, you should listen to it attentively and don't cause trouble for anyone here." The boys were eloquent and weII-behaved too. Since Professor Bell could not do anything to them, he cleared his throat and began his lecture. 


In the past, Silvia rarely attended Professor Bell's class. Therefore, it was tough for her to keep up with the lecture. Half of the lecture had passed but she was still confused with the topic. 


And it was at this moment, Professor Bell had called out her name. Silvia was asked to summarize the entire lecture. Silvia immediately wailed in her heart. She really regretted attending Professor Bell's class. 


As Silvia was hesitating, Julien stood up once again. He said respectfully, "Professor Bell, my sister had stayed up last night to study so she's not herself today. Can I please answer on her behalf instead?" 


Just by listening to such a young child trying to answer an academic question on behalf of a university student, everyone in the lecture hall was amused. Even Professor Bell thought that it was somewhat ridiculous. 


Professor Bell said, "Hey kid, I understand that you're trying to protect your sister, but you should know that this is the most prestigious university in Madison City and not some primary school that you go to." 


"Yes, I do know that." Julien let out a faint smile and did not try to argue by defending himself. Instead, he began to summarize what he had learned during the lecture. As soon as he started speaking, everyone was shocked, including Professor Bell, who had always been arrogant. 


Professor Bell was amazed as he looked at Julien and listened attentively to every word Julien had said. How could one not be shocked when such a young child could accurately deliver the gist of the entire lecture? 


Professor Bell had been teaching for decades and up till now, he had never met a student who could explain his thoughts so thoroughly and concisely, let alone a brat who was still wet behind the ears. 


The moment Julien had finished summarizing,Professor Bell was shocked to his core. After a while, he finally realized that he had lost his composure, so he coughed and asked a few more questions. 



No comments:

Post a Comment