Sunday, December 13, 2020

LM CHAPTERS 1206 - 1210

LM 

CHAPTERS 1206 - 1210







CHAPTER 1206 



Andrew had always been punctual. He would never make Silvia wait for a long time. As soon as Silvia snuck out of the lecture hall, Andrew's phone call came in. "Are you out yet?" 


Silvia said happily, "Yeah, I'm walking down the stairs now. Just give me five more minutes, Young Master Carter." 


Andrew said, "Okay." 


All classes were still ongoing, so all lecturers and students were in the classrooms. As Silvia walked out of the academic building, there was no one around her at all, making it very obvious that she was sneaking out of class. 


However, Silvia had often skipped classes, so she did not feel weird. She hopped happily to the campus entrance while humming to her favorite song. 


"Looking forward to your return, my baby. Looking forward to your embrace, my baby." 


Silvia was tone-deaf. Her singing was so terrible that Prince would always tease her by saying that their ears would bleed whenever Silvia sang. On top of that, she had no self-awareness at all. Whenever she was at the karaoke, she would always hog the microphone. She was so annoying that no one could actually stand her, except for Prince and Lemur. 


"Silvia..." 


While she was humming, Silvia suddenly heard a familiar voice. She spun around in the direction of the voice. However, she did not see anyone. 


"Felix?" Silvia looked around again, but still, she did not see anyone. She could not help but laugh at herself. "I've probably gone insane. I'm even hallucinating and thinking that Felix's calling for me?" 


Perhaps she was imagining voices because of the rumor about Felix that she had heard earlier that day. Probably, Silvia had been thinking about it too much that she was starting to imagine things. 


"Silvia..." 


Just when she took another step, the familiar voice sounded once again. She looked in the direction of the voice, and this time, she saw a handsome young man. 


He was standing under a tree not too far away from her, dressed in a white casual outfit that she was familiar with. The sunshine fell on him, making him look as warm as rays of sunlight in cold winter. 


"Fe... Felix?" Silvia muttered. Was the man standing under the tree really Felix? Was it really him? Did he really come back alive? 


But why did everything feel so surreal? It felt like it was just a dream. It was as if all of these would disappear without a trace once she woke up from her sleep. 


"Silvia..." He smiled as he reached out his hand to her. Just like in the past, whenever she was sad, and when she was helpless... he would always smile at her and reach out his large and warm hands to her. He would hold her hand and tell her, "Silvia, don't be afraid. I'm here!" 


"Felix!" Without a second thought, Silvia ran towards him. She did not care if this man in front of her was real or just her imagination. At that instant, she only wanted to hug him and let him know that she had been worrying about him for so long. 


However, when she was about to get close to him, her 'Felix' turned around and ran away. He was so fast that Silvia could not keep up with him at all. 


"Felix, don't run away. Wait for me!" Silvia shouted and chased after him. However, he had disappeared from her sight, vanishing into thin air just like that. 


Could it be just an illusion? 


Ring... 


All of a sudden, Silvia's phone rang. The sound of the ringtone instantly pulled Silvia out of her thoughts. She took out her mobile phone from her pocket and saw that it was Andrew who was calling. 


She answered the call and said sullenly, "I'm almost there." 


Andrew said, "Turn around." 


Silvia looked back and saw that Andrew was standing not far behind from her with a smile on his face. "Why were you running away just now? I've been calling you from behind for a few times but you kept on running." 


"I..." Could she tell Andrew that she thought she had seen her first love? Could she? Could she say that? 


Of course not. 


Andrew was such a domineering man. If he were to find out that Silvia had a man whom she used to like, he would never let her off easily. 


For peace's sake, Silvia decided to keep the matter from Andrew. "It's none of your business if I am running, why do you care?" 


Andrew raised his eyebrows and reached out his hand to pinch her face. "It seems like I‘ve not taught you well because you still dared to talk to me like this. Didn't I tell you not to make me angry?!" 


Silvia flung his hand away and said, "You said that you would give me freedom, but I was just running for a bit and here you are, asking all sorts of questions. Where's the freedom you've promised me?" 


Usually, when Andrew asked her something, she would answer obediently. However, she was behaving differently at present. Obviously, she was hiding something from him again. The silly look on her face made him want to bully her! 


However, Andrew was planning to take her out on a date, so he didn't want to spoil the mood by getting into a fight with her. He put his arm around her waist and said, "Alright, it's my fault. I shouldn't have made Miss Turner angry. ls Miss Turner willing to give me a chance to take you to a meal to make it up to you then?" 


Silvia was already feeling a little guilty. Now that he had taken the initiative to apologize to her, there was no reason for her to refuse him. She smiled and said, "Of course I do." 


Upon hearing her answer, Andrew pulled her into his arms and kissed her. "Thank you so much, for being the bigger person, Miss Turner." 


"Hmph, I am not that petty." Silvia was a typical opportunist. Now that Andrew was thanking her, she actually thought that he was the one at fault. She was behaving so arrogantly like a proud peacock. 


"I'll have to thank you for that then." This young lady was really thick-skinned. However, in Andrew's eyes, she was silly and adorable. 


"Young Master Carter, if you would like to thank me, why don't you treat me to a nice meal then?" The weather was getting colder and Silvia had been craving a delicious piping-hot beef stew. However, she dared not ask for it because she was still being punished. Now that she had a chance to make a request, she definitely would not let it slip. 


"Sure." Andrew held her hand and said, "You can eat whatever you want today." 


Andrew had agreed to her request with such alacrity, and Silvia was starting to feel a little uneasy. "Young Master Carter, are you plotting something again?" 


Silvia had always felt that Andrew had some hidden intentions and that he must be plotting something against her. 


"Is that what you think about all day?" Andrew knocked on her head. "Couldn't it purely because I want to treat my wife to a nice meal?" 


"It's perfectly justified for a husband to treat his wife to a meal, but..." Silvia stared at Andrew. "You are usually not this easygoing. Now that you're suddenly being so nice to me, I felt a little weird... Young Master Carter, did you do something bad behind my back and you're now trying to make up for it with a meal?" 


Andrew knocked on her head again and said, "Miss Turner, I think you should really consider changing your future career plans. You should become a screenwriter once you graduate. I'm sure that you will be a successful one with that imagination of yours." 


Silvia hugged his arm and smiled. "If I were a screenwriter, the first thing that I'd write about is you forcing a young lady to marry you." 


Andrew said, "Well, you can try doing that and let's see how I'll punish you!" 


Silvia said, "What a tyrant!" 


Just as they were bickering, they did not realize that there was a pair of eyes that had been watching them. Those eyes were deeply reddened, as if they were covered in blood!. 







CHAPTER 1207 



Eating was definitely Silvia's forte. She had ordered two portions of beef stew, a plate of pasta, 3 portion of Bratwurst, and even a pork burger. 


Although Andrew knew that Silvia was a big eater, he was still surprised. "Silvia, are you sure that you can finish all of these?!" 


"Excuse me, could you please leave the menu here? I might be ordering more later. Thanks." After ordering the dishes, Silvia looked at Andrew who was sitting opposite her. "What's wrong? You're Young Master Carter, aren't you? Do you think that I'll make you go broke for treating me to one meal?" 


"I'm not afraid of that at all. I'm just worried that you'll get indigestion after finishing so much food." Andrew waved his hand and stopped the waiter. "Excuse me, could you please cancel the bratwurst and the burger for us? Thanks." 


Silvia was so annoyed that she immediately stood up from her seat. She pointed her finger at Andrew and complained, "Andrew Carter, how could you?! You promised to treat me to a nice meal and would let me eat whatever I want, but what are you doing now? How could you just cancel the order? Why did you even agree to treat me to this meal if you are going to be so stingy?" 


Andrew dismissed the waiter, and then settled Silvia down on her seat, “It's not that I'm not letting you eat, I just don't want you to get indigestion." 


Silvia said angrily, "Andrew, do you think I'm stupid? Do you think that I can't tell if I've eaten too much? That's how much I could eat, you can't blame me for it." 


Andrew advised, "Alright... Be a good girl, okay? If you're not full later, I'll ask Auntie Cherry to prepare some supper for you." 


Silvia said angrily, "Why bother? Can't you just let me eat until I'm full now?" 


Andrew said, "I've already made up my mind." 


Once Andrew had made a decision, no matter how she complained, she still would not be able to change his mind. So, Silvia knew that it was better to just listen to him than wasting her time and energy to argue with him, "So I really can have supper tonight?" 


Andrew said, "Of course you can. But on the condition that you have to be a good girl." 


Silvia didn't know what to say. 


She really wanted to kick him to the other side of the universe. A stingy man like him would never be able to get himself a wife. It was really a great loss for her to marry him. 


Andrew added, "Just listen to me, okay? It's for your own good!" 


When she heard him talking to her in such a commanding tone, Silvia got angry and said, "You always want me to listen to you. If you want me to listen to you, then why can't you listen to me too? You are my man. Can't you just let me win once? Why do you have to go against me every single time and upset me?" 


Andrew was determined to stop Silvia from eating so much, but when he heard her saying that he was her man, he had already lost. 


He was so excited that he grabbed her hand. "Silvia, what did you just say? Say it again!" 


Silvia was startled by his sudden action and wanted to retreat. However, he was holding on to her hand so firmly that she couldn't get away from him. "Did I say it wrongly though? You are my man. Can't you just let me win once?" 


"Silly girl, everything would have been fine if you had said so from the beginning," Andrew smiled as he said. Then, he held her face in his palms and kissed her. 


She was right. He was her man, and he should have let her win. Andrew immediately waved his hand at the waiter and reordered the dishes that he cancelled a while ago. On top of that, he had even ordered some desserts for her. He was determined to let her eat to her heart's content. 


Silvia was dumbstruck as she looked at him behaving in such a strange manner. What's wrong with this man? Was he alright? 


Just as she was thinking about it, Andrew suddenly got close to her face. Silvia was so startled that she immediately leaned back. However, Andrew grabbed the back of her head and said, "Before we start eating, let me have a taste of the appetizer first." 


Silvia resisted, "Don't mess around. I'm a human being, not food on your plate." 


This man had really gone too far. He was even treating her as his appetizer. However, no matter how angry she was, she could put all the worries behind her when the food was served on the table. It was indeed the ultimate enjoyment to drink a bowl of hot beef stew on such a cold day. 


Looking at the dishes on the table, Silvia had already completely forgotten about what Andrew had done a while ago. During the meal, she had even shared her food with Andrew. "Young Master Carter, don't just watch me eat, you should eat some too." 


Looking at her being so happy, Andrew was happy too. "Silvia..." 


Silvia's mouth was stuffed as she answered in a muffled voice, "Hm?" 


"Let's have a ..." wedding. Andrew could not bring himself to finish his sentence. He knew that Silvia had a knot in her heart, and there was still a man whom she was still missing. He still needed time to make her forget that man. 


"Stop talking already. Hurry up and eat," Silvia said. After that, she continued to devour her food. She did not pause at all since she started eating. Andrew, on the other hand, had been taking care of Silvia throughout the meal. 


At the end of the meal, Silvia was in a good mood. She held Andrew's arm and said coquettishly, "Young Master Carter, I'm in a good mood today. Can you go shopping with me?" 


Shopping was a waste of time and Andrew would never waste his time doing such a thing. However, since his wife had asked him to accompany her, as her husband, could he refuse her? 


Of course not! 


Therefore, he agreed without any hesitation. "Sure. I'll keep you company wherever you go and you can buy whatever you want." 


Upon hearing Young Master Carter's generous offer, Silvia said with a smile, "You're such a generous husband. I wouldn't mind having a few more husbands like you." 


Andrew was upset when he heard what Silvia had just said. "Silvia, am I not enough to satisfy you?" 


Silvia was slightly stunned. However, she immediately broke into a sly smile and said, "Andrew, what are you talking about? It's just a metaphor. Why are you being so petty?“ 


Andrew glared at her and said, "Don't ever make such a joke again in the future. You must remove this thought immediately if it ever comes into your mind again." 


Silvia smiled at him and said, "Alright, alright. I won't think about it, okay? But tonight, I want to see how great of a boyfriend you are." 


Andrew corrected her and said, "I'm your husband." 


Silvia said, "There are many girls who address their boyfriends as their husbands anyway. Why do you care so much?" 


Andrew emphasized, "I'm your husband." 


This man was particularly stubborn. Since he was not willing to compromise, Silvia had no choice but to give in. "Okay fine! You're my husband. Are you happy with that? Then, I want to see how great of a husband you are, how about that?"


Andrew was finally satisfied with the way she was addressing him. He pulled her into his arms and said, "If you want to see that, wouldn't we have to go home and do that?" 


What was this man thinking about? Silvia punched him and tried her best to get the topic back on track. "Young Master Carter, do you know what kind of man is the most popular among women?" 


Andrew said, "A man who can last long!" 


Silvia gritted her teeth and said, "Andrew, I'm trying to be serious here. Can you please stop being so shameless?" 


Andrew shrugged and showed Silvia a serious face. "I'm being serious too. Is there anything wrong with my answer though?" 







CHAPTER 1208 



"Huh..." 


It was obviously a shameless answer, but Andrew could still put on a serious look. Silvia was so angry that she raised her leg and stepped on his foot. “You’re so shameless!" 


Andrew said again, "Well, I think I've heard that women seem to like shameless men too. Is it not a fact that girls like bad guys?" 


Silvia really did not know how to communicate with this man who had been thinking so highly of himself anymore! Silvia was so annoyed that she turned around and wanted to leave. 


However, Andrew pulled her back. She couldn't break free from his grip so she shouted at him, "You can continue being a bad guy! Just keep waiting for a woman who likes a bad man to fall in love with you!" 


"I don't want any other women, I only want you." Andrew held Silvia in his arms and said with a serious look. However, when he looked at the startled look in Silvia's eyes, he immediately changed his tone. "Don't women like men who are a little flirty? 


He was scared, he was actually scared. He was afraid that he would not get a corresponding response for his sincerity. And more importantly, he was even more afraid that he would be met with her contemptuous ridicules. 


Andrew's behavior did scare Silvia, which was why she was stunned for a long while. All she could see was the serious look in his eyes. His gaze was deep and intense, like a bottomless abyss, as if it could suck her in at any time, and she would never be able to escape from him. 


After a brief silence, Andrew said, "Then tell me, in your opinion, what kind of man does women like the most?" 


Silvia immediately shook off her thoughts and said, "If a man wants to get a woman to like him, then he only needs to remember one thing, that is to buy anything that she wants for her!" 


Andrew nodded and said, "Well, I see your point there." 


Silvia asked again, ”Andrew, didn't you say that you would buy whatever I like for me? Are you serious about that?" 


Andrew raised his eyebrows and said, "Silvia, since when was I not serious with you?" 


Yes, he had always been quite serious with what he said and did to her. For instance, when he said that she could not eat meat for an entire month, she really did not get to eat any meat for a month. 


Andrew added, "Just tell me what you want." 


"Come with me." Silvia held Andrew's hand and walked a couple blocks. Eventually, they arrived at a remote corner, with a small store in it. 


Silvia then introduced the store to Andrew, "The store is more than a century old and it holds a very special position in the hearts of the people in Madison City." 


"What's so special about it?" Andrew had been in Madison City for three years, but he had never heard that there was such a store in this city. After entering the store, he immediately studied the entire store carefully. 


The store was very special because it had all sorts of items in it. At a glance, it seemed that the store had everything that one could think of. On top of that, every item that was on display looked vintage. 


Looking at the items in the store, it was as if every one of them had their own stories. 


More importantly, there were no store assistants who were watching over this shop. There was a sign at the counter near the door with some words written on it, "As long as you like it, you can take it away. Just pay as you see fit." 


The store owner was seemingly a smart and bold person. Such a business model had been proved not feasible in many countries. However, it was unexpected that this store could actually survive in Madison City for more than a century. 


Andrew looked around the store and then looked at Silvia. "This store is indeed different from others! The items sold here are very unique and the interior is quite impressive too. I guess the owner profits quite a bit from it." 


Andrew was a businessman. When a businessman looked at something, his most instinctive approach was to estimate its commercial value. He would evaluate them and analyze if they could make money, and how much it could make. 


"You're so narrow-minded. The purpose of this owner for opening this store is not to make money, alright?" Silvia was not a businessman at all and it was more than often that her thoughts were on the simpler side. 


"If he really wanted to make money, he could have just priced everything on the high side. There's no need to let customers decide on the price themselves." 


Andrew added, "Why are you so certain that the owner's intention was not to make money? Do you know the owner of this store?" 


"No one has ever seen the owner of this store, so how could I know him?" Speaking about the owner, Silvia thought of something so she said, "There are many rumors about the owner of this store. Some said that he's from a fallen noble family, while there are some who said that he was a beggar who got rich in his later days... However, no one actually knew his identity. It is undeniable that you'll be able to get everything that you need here. And if you can't find the item that you want, you can just write them down on this notebook and it will be available on your next visit." 


"This is indeed an interesting business 

model." Andrew  nodded in appreciation. 


After listening to Silvia's explanation, he took a good look around this store once again. The items inside were indeed unique, and there were a variety of goods, which could meet the demands of different customer groups. 


”Come with me, Andrew." Silvia took Andrew's hand and dragged him to a small cabinet in the shop. She pointed to a red ruby inside and said, "Buy this red ruby for me." 


"Okay." As long as it was something she wanted, Andrew would buy it for her without a second thought. However, he was curious. He wanted to know what was so special about this red ruby, that led to the silly Silvia, who never asked Andrew for anything, asking him to buy it for her. "Is there any special meaning behind this red ruby?" 


"Andrew, just buy it when I ask you to. Why do you have so many questions? Let me tell you, no one likes a woman who talks too much and the same goes for men." This was her secret. She would only tell him when the timing was right. 


Since Silvia did not want to tell him, Andrew stopped asking. He smiled and said, "How much do you think it is worth?" 


Silvia said, "You are the one paying. Of course you will have to decide on how much to pay. Don't ask me about it." 


Andrew said, "But I don't have any cash with me." 


"That's not a problem at all!" Silvia glanced at him and pointed to the bank account number that was written at the counter. "You don't need to pay them with cash. You can just do an online transfer. If you tell me that you can't even do that, I think I might just punch you." 


"Of course I will not let that happen again." Andrew quickly took out his mobile phone and transferred the money. When he was at it, Silvia leaned over and tried to peek on the amount that he had paid. However, Andrew was quick enough to flip his phone so that she could not see it. "This is a secret." 


Silvia rolled her eyes at him and said, "Young Master Carter, don't tell me that you're so stingy that you've only paid a dollar for it?" 


Andrew smiled and said, "Well, it's possible." What? A dollar? Was he really that stingy? 


Even if the red ruby was worthless, as long as it was something that she liked, it would be an invaluable treasure. 







CHAPTER 1209 



Andrew had been providing for Silvia ever since she had gotten together with him, but this red ruby was his very first gift to her. 


After carefully keeping the red ruby in her pocket, Silvia held Andrew's arm and smiled at him. "Young Master Carter, thank you for the present!" 


"I'm your man. You don't need to thank me!" Andrew was delighted to see that Silvia had valued his gift this much, so he pulled Silvia into his arms and said, "If you really want to thank me, I won't refuse it though. Alright, it's now your turn to accompany me to buy the things that I want to buy." 


"Young Master Carter, you have your people to prepare everything for you. What else do you need?" Silvia did not think that Andrew actually had something to buy. Perhaps, he just wanted her to accompany him just because he had accompanied her. 


However, Andrew proved to her that he really had something to buy, and that it was a 'necessity' for the two of them. 


After driving down a few streets, the two of them finally arrived at a pharmacy. "This is my destination." 


This was a pharmacy. Was he feeling unwell? 


Silvia immediately stretched out her hand and touched Andrew's forehead. "Andrew, the weather is a little cold today. Did you catch a cold?" 


Due to his old injuries, although he looked strong, whenever the weather was windy and rainy, it was very likely that he would fall ill. 


"The weather was quite chilly today, did it trigger his old sickness again?" Silvia thought to herself. 


Seeing that she was worried for him, Andrew was over the moon. He grabbed her hand and said with a smile, "I'm fine. I'm here so that I can make you feel even better." 


Silvia was genuinely worried for him, but he was still fooling around, which annoyed Silvia. "Let go of my hand, let me touch your forehead." 


"I‘m really fine." Andrew lowered his head and rubbed his forehead on hers. His temperature was almost the same as hers. "Do you believe me now?" 


Silvia asked, "Then why did you take me to the pharmacy?" 


Andrew smiled and did not answer. Instead, he pointed at a box of condom on the shelf and said to the sales assistant, "Can I please get a carton of those in large and get it sent to my car? Thanks." 


Silvia was speechless. 


Did he have to dobeverything so exaggeratedly? 


There were ten pieces of condoms in one small box. A larger box could fit ten of those small boxes. And a carton would consist of ten of the larger boxes. 


That would mean that there would be a total of a thousand condoms in one whole carton. Even if they were to use one every day, it would still take them three years to finish them. What‘s more, no one would actually have the energy to use one each day. 


When she saw the sales assistant's judgmental look, Silvia was nearly dying from embarrassment. It was all because of the man standing beside her. If it weren't for Andrew, why would she receive such a judgmental gaze? 


Silvia was so angry that she gave him a tight pinch, warning him not to be such an embarrassment. However, Andrew did not feel there was anything wrong for him to do that and even asked the sales assistant to carry that big box to his car. 


For all twenty years of her life, Silvia was famous for being thick-skinned. However, this was the first time ever in her life that she had felt so embarrassed that she could not even lift her head up anymore! 


On their way home, Andrew was focusing on his driving. Silvia, who was sitting in the front passenger seat, had been staring at him. For a moment, a lot of things had rushed into her mind. 


They had not been using any form of protection all these while, but still, she was not able to conceive. This time, he had even bought so many condoms at once. Just how badly did he not want her to be pregnant with his child? 


Silvia was a straightforward person. The moment this question came into her mind, she immediately asked, "Andrew, are you really hoping so much that you don't get me pregnant?" 


It was not that she did not want to bear his child, but when she thought of the effort that he had put in to avoid her from getting pregnant, she could feel nothing but heartache. 


"Are you overthinking again? Who says that i don't want you to be pregnant with my child?" This silly woman, she would never fail to put her focus on the wrong things. 


Silvia said sullenly, "Then why did you buy so many condoms? Are you going to tell me that you didn't buy them to use them with me, but you're buying it to use it with other women?" 


"We'll wait for two years. We'll have a baby after you graduate from university." At first, Andrew really wanted Silvia to get pregnant with his child. However, taking into account her current physical condition, it was still not the right time for her to conceive a baby. Therefore, he must not let her get pregnant until her body has fully recovered so that nothing would happen to her. 


Silvia was not completely convinced. "So, you don't want a child now, because you're thinking of me?" 


Andrew held her hand and said, "What else could it be? Do you really think I will find someone else to give birth to a child for me?" 


Silvia said, "I dare you!" 


Ring... 


While the two were talking, Silvia's cell phone suddenly rang. She glared at Andrew and said, "Andrew, I'm warning you, you'd better not lie to me, or I'll make you regret coming to this world." 


Upon hearing Silvia's warning, Andrew's eyes darkened but he could not utter a word. 


Silvia took out her mobile phone and saw that it was a phone call from Audrey. "Audrey, why are you calling me at this hour? Do you know that you could actually lose a friend by calling at an inappropriate time?" 


"Silvia, it's me, it's me... I‘m Audrey..." Audrey's voice sounded strange. It was if she was drunk or in a trance. 


Did something happen to Audrey? 


Silvia's heart skipped a beat. She hurriedly said, "Audrey, I know it's you. Did something happen to you?" 


"Silvia, didn't you say that you are my good friend? I need your help now. If you are my good friend, then please come over and get me out of this place." Audrey's confused voice sounded in Silvia's ear. 


"Audrey, where are you now?" Other than Audrey's voice, there was also a quarrelling commotion in the background. However, it was too noisy, so Silvia could not understand what it was. 


"I'm at Phantasy Nightclub!" As Audrey spoke, she suddenly laughed. "There are a lot of handsome guys here at the Phantasy Nightclub. There are so many of them... Silvia, come here quickly. I'll introduce a few to you." 


"B‘tch, I asked you to find someone to get the money here. Why are you talking so much nonsense!" A man suddenly shouted in an angry tone, which almost deafened Silvia's ears. 


"I am. I'm asking my friend to come now... Ah..." Audrey screamed out of a sudden, and then her voice, which was full of fear, sounded again. "Silvia, they just drugged me and they are forcing me. Please come and save me. I don't know who else to look for, besides you!" 


Judging from the sound, it seemed like those guys had beaten Audrey up. Silvia was so worried that her chest tightened. "Audrey, tell me where you are now? I'll go over to you now." 


"I'm... Where am I?" Audrey, who was in a daze due to the drugs, could not remember where she was. She could not recall how she had offended those guys at the Phantasy Nightclub. She only realized that someone was pulling her hair at this very moment. It was so painful that it felt like her entire scalp was going to be ripped off. 


"Are you the woman's friend?" A man's voice sounded from the phone. He had probably snatched the phone away from Audrey. 







CHAPTER 1210 



"Yes, I am!" Silvia immediately concealed the anxiousness in her voice and said calmly, “All you want is money, isn't it? As long as she is safe, I will bring you the money." 


The man said, "Of course we want the money... as for her... now that such a beautiful woman is in front of us, I'm worried that my men wouldn't be able to hold in it for too long." 


Silvia did not know who Audrey had provoked, but she knew that there were all kinds of people in a nightclub and some of them would do just anything. 


At this critical moment, Silvia thought of the person who was sitting next to her. His father was Mr. Carter, the legendary figure in Madison City. He was a big shot that both the government and the mafias were afraid of. At this time, it should not be a big problem to use his father's reputation to scare the other party. 


Silvia looked at Andrew, who was driving the car, and then growled coldly into the phone, "I'm sure that you've heard of Mr. Carter, right? The woman in your hands is Mr. Carter's woman. If you dare to lay a finger on her, I'm afraid that you would have to prepare yourselves to face him!" 


Upon hearing this, Andrew frowned. The legendary Mr. Carter of Madison City was sitting right beside her. Also, since when did Mr. Carter's woman end up in someone else's hands? 


However, Silvia's crisis management skills were rather impressive. In the face of an emergency, she could be calm and also ruthless. At the very least, she did not let Andrew down with her performance! 


Andrew would give her 60 points for her performance, which was a pass. 


The man sneered and said, "Huh... You sound kind of confident huh? However, you should have said something more convincing. Do you think that Mr. Carter would have so much time to care about such trivial matters?" 


Silvia smiled coldly and said, “You don't have to believe me. After all, I can't prove that she's indeed Mr. Carter's woman with mere words. But, you can go ask around yourself and here's a friendly reminder, don't ever offend someone who you can't afford to offend. Otherwise, you should know the consequences better than me.“ 


Silvia's words were firm and strong, which did shock the man on the phone. "We are at Phantasy Nightclub. I will give you half an hour to bring the money here, otherwise I can't guarantee what my men will do to her." 


There would always be people who would pretend to be Mr. Carter's friends, and all of them were proven to be fake in the end. However, when the man heard Silvia mentioning Mr. Carter's name, the man still had some scruples about it. 


He was worried that among those people that he had met, there would actually be Mr. Carter's people. Therefore, if he really happened to do something to them, then he would not be too far away from death. 


Therefore, whenever someone mentioned that they were related to Mr. Carter, he would still spend some time to confirm it before taking the next step. 


After that, the man hung up on Silvia, without giving her the chance to get any more information from him. 


"D‘mn it, how dare you hang up my phone. Don't ever let me catch you, or I'll tear you into pieces." Silvia scolded while dialing Prince's phone number. 


Knowing that Audrey was in trouble, and at a Phantasy Nightclub even, the first people Silvia thought of were Prince and Lemur. The guys used to get into fights at the Phantasy Nightclub so they were experienced in such situations. 


Right after Silvia had hit the call button, Andrew reached out his hand and snatched her phone away from her. He ended the call and said, "Silvia, I want you to be clear about something." 


Because of what had happened to Audrey, Silvia was so anxious that she wished she could just grow out a pair of wings and get to Audrey immediately. Silvia was already on the verge of going mad but Andrew actually snatched her phone away while she was looking for help?! Silvia was so frustrated that she shouted, "Andrew, what are you doing? I'm calling someone. It's an emergency." 


Andrew said, "Silvia Turner, do you actually know who your man is?" 


When something happened, the first person who she had thought of was not him and Andrew was very upset about it. 


Silvia was about to go crazy as she spoke, "Andrew, I'm not in the mood to mess around with you now. I'm trying to save someone now. If there are any delays, I will lose the opportunity to save her." 


Phantasy Nightclub was a famous nightclub in Madison City. The people who visited the place were not ordinary people and they were not someone who Audrey could afford to offend. Silvia had no idea who Audrey had offended, so if she were to go over any later, the consequences would be unimaginable. 


As she spoke, Silvia's eyes suddenly lit up. D'mn it, why was her brain so slow?! 


Wasn't the person beside her the most influential person she knew? 


Andrew, this b'stard, was Mr. Carter's son. If he was the one who showed up, it would be equivalent to Mr. Carter coming in person. By that time, who would dare to lay a finger on Audrey? 


After thinking this through, Silvia immediately put on a smiling face. She held Andrew's hand adorably, "Young Master Carter, a friend of mine is in trouble now. If I were to ask you for help, you won't refuse me, right?" 


The reason why Andrew had grabbed her mobile phone was to let her know that she should have asked him for help. He didn't want her to think of her friends first whenever she was in trouble. Now that she had understood it, he was starting to feel a little annoyed for the fact she was being this nice to him because of someone else. 


Andrew remained silent. Therefore, Silvia shook his hand and said, "Young Master Carter, are you going to help me?" 


Andrew glanced at her and said, "TeIl me everything." 


Silvia immediately explained, "Audrey is at Phantasy Nightclub, and I think she offended someone. They are asking for money and will not let her go until they get the money. I wanted to get someone else to go over with me, but I was worried that Audrey's captors were too powerful. I worried that I might fail to save Audrey and get myself in trouble too. So, that's when I thought of you. You're Madison City's mighty Mr. Carter's son. I'm sure that those men would back off if you showed up personally." 


This silly woman was finally enlightened. She had finally realized that she shouldn't rush her way through things whenever she was facing a problem. Instead, what she should do was ask for his help. 


In an instant, Andrew sped up and drove to Phantasy Nightclub. However, while he was driving, he did not forget to ask Silvia, "Why are you saving her? She always thinks so highly of herself and she does things without thinking about the consequences. She probably deserved it." 


Upon hearing this, Silvia thought that he did not want to help her. Silvia was disheartened as she withdrew her hand and said, "If you don't want to help me, then just forget about it. Just give me back my phone. I'll call find someone else to help me.” 


She thought that she was indeed a fool to actually believe him. He had always disliked Audrey, so why did she expect that he would save Audrey? 


Andrew asked, "You knew that you might get into trouble saving her, but you still insist on helping her?" 


Silvia said furiously, "It's none of your business!" 


Andrew added, "When you were thinking about your friends, have you ever thought about other people? For instance, your mother..." Or him? What would her mother do if something were to happen to her? And him, what would he do? 


Silvia said, "You don't have to worry about it. I know how to protect myself." 


"What do you know?" Andrew suddenly shouted in anger, "Silvia, you're not a child anymore. Don't you think that you should think carefully before doing anything?" 


"I've thought about it, but..." Since he didn't want to help her, she could only think of another way herself. Besides, she had been to those places and she had even gotten into fights there. Hence, there would be nothing that she would be afraid of. 


Andrew snorted and said, "But what?" 


Silvia said, "I'm her only friend, so I must save her. Otherwise, she might really get killed by those people." 


Andrew said, "If an adult did something without considering the consequences, and something bad really happened, the person totally deserved it." 


"Can you stop being so sarcastic? I know that I shouldn't have asked you for help. It's my fault, okay? Are you happy with that now? Young Master Carter!" Silvia's eyes had already turned red due to anger as she stared at him with a ferocious look. 


Under her intense stare, Andrew took out his mobile phone and dialed a phone number. "I want you to look for a woman named Audrey now. Make sure that she stays safe once you find her." 



No comments:

Post a Comment