Sunday, December 13, 2020

LM CHAPTERS 1201 - 1205

LM 

CHAPTERS 1201 - 1205







CHAPTER 1201 



Mrs. Turner's playful words had caught Andrew by surprise. After being in a daze for a while, Andrew blushed and started to stammer, "Yes... Um, I'd better send you home first then." 


It was fortunate that Silvia did not see how embarrassed he was at that moment. If she were to see it, she would definitely die from laughter. No one would expect the domineering Young Master Carter to be in such an awkward situation. 


Mrs. Turner waved her hand and said, "My house is just down the street. I can go back by myself. You should get back to work now, instead of wasting your time on an old woman like me." 


"Mom, you're not old at all. If you were to go out with Silvia, other people would definitely think that the two of you are sisters." Andrew did not say this just to please Mrs. Turner, as he really thought so. 


Silvia was now twenty years old. Mrs. Turner got married at a young age, so when she gave birth to Silvia, she was only in her early twenties. Now, she was only in her early forties and since she had taken good care of herself, she naturally looked much younger than her true age. 


All women liked to be praised for being young and beautiful and the same went for Mrs. Turner. She was happy to receive such a compliment, and more importantly, the person who praised her was her son-in-law. 


Upon hearing this, Mrs. Turner smiled from ear to ear. "Andrew, it's useless to say these things to an old lady like me. Instead, you should praise Silvia more. If you compliment her, that young lady will be happy for the entire day and she will do anything for you." 


"Okay," Andrew kept Mrs. Turner's words in mind. 


While he was on his way back to the company, he had been thinking about how he could praise that silly girl. He wanted to see her being happy for the whole day. 


As soon as he arrived at the company, Andrew received a message from Silvia, "Hey, I have a question for you. If you've done a big favor for someone, how would you want that person to thank you?" 


Hey? 


In the past, whenever she sent him a message, she would at least address him as 'B‘stard'. But now, she only said 'hey' so nonchalantly, so how would he know who she was talking to? Andrew frowned and did not intend to reply to her message. 


Based on his understanding of Silvia, if he did not reply to her text messages, Silvia would definitely bombard him with messages, until he actually replied her. 


However, Andrew had made a mistake this time. After sending the message, Silvia immediately regretted it. It was true that she wanted to thank him, but she wanted to surprise him! How could she have asked him?! That would she spoil the surprise! 


Silvia thought for a moment and thought of Audrey. She immediately dialled Audrey's number. The phone rang for a while before it connected. Audrey said in a weak voice, "What's the matter, Silvia?" 


"What's wrong with you?" Judging from Audrey's voice, Silvia could tell that something was wrong with Audrey, so she asked worriedly. 


"Let's not talk about me. Why did you call me?" Audrey did not have the strength to even speak anymore. If it wasn't Silvia who was calling, she would not even bother to answer the call at all. 


"I'm fine. But you, what happened to you? Do you need me to go over to your place?" Judging from her voice, Silvia thought that Audrey might actually die in the next second. Because of that, she was no longer in the mood to ask Audrey about how she should thank Andrew. 


"I'm on my period. It hurts so much that I feel like I'm going to die." Audrey howled. "But I've already taken some pills, so the pain will probably go away in a bit. To think about it, it really s'cks that we're women and we have to go through this whole process every single month. I must make sure that I'm born as a man in my next life, so that I'll never have to suffer this kind of pain again." 


Audrey was rattling endlessly, but Silvia didn't respond to any of her words. Audrey called Silvia's name repeatedly and said, "Silvia, are you listening to me? If you are not listening, I'm going to hang up then." 


"Audrey, are you really alright?" Silvia asked sullenly. She immediately thought of herself when she heard Audrey talking about her period. Silvia's period had always been punctual, and it would not hurt that much. However, she had been busy with the company that she had forgotten about everything else. It was only now she had remembered that her period was delayed for two weeks. 


Under normal circumstances, there should be nothing to worry about. However, because of Andrew, that b‘stard who was full of energy, it was inevitable that Silvia would worry about it. 


Could it be that the reason why her period was delayed this time was because... 


However, because of what had happened the last time, Silvia did not dare to think that she was pregnant nor did she dare to tell anyone else about it. If she happened to make a mistake again, she would really become the butt of a joke. 


"I'm much better now. What about you? Why did you call me?" Audrey asked. 


Silvia said, "Actually, it's nothing important at all. You know, Andrew, that b‘stard, did me a big favor, so I wanted to thank him, but I didn't know how to, and that's why I called you." 


Audrey teased, "Silvia, do you really not know, or are you just trying to show off to me? It's so easy if you want to thank him. Just wash up and lie in his bed. Then, let him do whatever he wants with you. I guarantee that he will be satisfied with that." 


Silvia had thought of this idea and she had even thought of buying a set of sexy lingerie. However, she could not do that anymore, because there was a slight possibility that she was... 


"No, no, no..." Silvia quickly pushed the thoughts out of her mind. "I'd better not think about it first. I'll go to the pharmacy to get a pregnancy test and get the test done first. I must get an accurate answer before telling anyone. I must not repeat the same mistake," Silvia thought to herself. 


After hanging up the phone, Silvia changed her clothes and went out alone. After walking out of the villa, she took a taxi and arrived at a pharmacy. 


Before stepping into the pharmacy, Silvia looked around to make sure that no one was following after her. Then, after entering the store, Silvia could not find what she wanted to buy after scouring through the entire shop. Therefore, she had no choice but to ask the staff for help. "Hi, do you have any pregnancy test kits for sale here?" 


The staff who Silvia had asked help from was a middle-aged woman. When she saw that Silvia was a young and thin girl, she could not help shaking her head. "What's wrong with the younger generation nowadays? You're already sleeping with guys at such a young age." 


Silvia thought of explaining for herself. However, she remembered that the staff had nothing to do with her at all, so there was no need to explain. 


Then, the staff found a box of test kits and handed it to Silvia. "Girl, your body belongs to you. Everything would still be fine now because you're young. Once you get older, you will then realize how detrimental it is to do that to your own body." 


Detrimental? Was the woman asking her to give up on the baby? Who said that Silvia wanted to give up on her baby? 


If she was pregnant, she would definitely give birth to the baby. She would not care whether Andrew, that b‘stard, wanted it. No one could stop her baby from coming into this world. 


”Thanks for your concern!" She smiled and hid the pregnancy test under her jacket. After stepping out of the pharmacy, she immediately sent a text message to Andrew, "I'm going back to Mom's place tonight. You don't have to pick me up." 


As soon as the message was sent out, Andrew's phone call came in. "Silvia, do you have to be so petty about it? I was busy just now and that's why I didn't reply to your message. Do you have to be so angry that you have to go back to your mom's place?" 







CHAPTER 1202 



Silvia had already forgotten about the message that she had sent to Andrew. "What are you talking about?" 


Andrew added, "So you‘re not angry at me for not replying to your message? Then tell me who angered you today?" 


Silvia said, "No one!" 


Andrew said, "If that's really the case, then why are you making a fuss? And you‘re going back to your mother's house?" 


"Who said that I was making a fuss?" Silvia corrected, "Also, I really can't stress this enough, that's not just my mom's house, it's my real home." 


Andrew did not want to argue with her about this, because even if she did not want to admit it, she was still his wife. It was the reality that no one could ever change. More importantly, Mrs. Turner was on Andrew's side now. "Tell me where you are now. I will go pick you up right away." 


Before she could be sure of the reason why her period was delayed, Silvia did not want Andrew to find out about it. She only wanted to go home to test it out, but why couldn't he just leave her alone? 


Silvia raised her eyebrows and said in displeasure, "You b‘stard, I've said that I'm going home tonight. Why can't you just let me be? Is it that hard to let me do what I want for once?" 


Andrew did not understand why Silvia was behaving this way so he said, "Silvia, tell me where you are. If you want to go home, it would have to be me who send you home. Otherwise, don't ever think about going home." 


Silvia did not want to tell Andrew, but in her heart, she hoped that he would be by her side. After hesitating for a while, she ended up telling him where she was. 


Not long after, Andrew arrived in his car, and he saw that Silvia was standing at the side of the road, braving the cold wind like an idiot. Andrew immediately got out of the car, took off his coat, and wrapped it around her shoulders. "Are you stupid or something? Can't you find a place that's less windy and wait for me there?" 


Silvia rubbed her reddened nose and said sullenly, "That's right. I am stupid. If you dislike me because I'm stupid, then it's still not too late for you to regret it." 


”What are you talking about?" With a dissatisfied look, Andrew caressed her head and thought that this girl was acting way too weird that day. Something must have happened to her. "Tell me, what happened?" 


It definitely was not about Wateria Corporation. If anything had happened to Wateria Corporation, Wayne would definitely report to Andrew immediately. Therefore, it must be something personal to Silvia. 


Silvia had always been a strong girl. Except for pretending to be sad, she had almost never shed a tear. But at this moment when she saw Andrew, she did not know why her heart was suddenly softened and she even felt like crying. "Young Master Carter..." 


Andrew took her into his arms and comforted her in a gentle voice, "Silvia, just tell me what happened. As long as I am by your side, I'll never let anyone bully you." 


Silvia rubbed her face against his chest like a child. "Hold me tighter." 


Andrew was more than happy to satisfy her request. He tightened his arms around her and asked patiently, "Did something happen? Tell me, okay? You have to believe that I will be able to help you no matter what it is." 


Silvia sniffled and said softly, "Can't I just ask you to hug me for no reasons? We haven't seen each other for the whole day, do you not want to hug me at all?" 


Yes! Of course he wanted to! 


Andrew really wished that he could hold her tightly forever. However, he was even more worried about her. He wanted to know what had happened to her. "Silvia, I really want to hug you, but..." 


Silvia interrupted him. "Why do you have so many buts. If you want to hug me, then just hug me tightly. Why are you talking so much nonsense?" 


Therefore, Andrew stopped talking. Since she had asked him to hold her, then he would hold her. Andrew knew her temper very well. If she didn't want to say it, he would never be able to get anything out of her no matter how many times he asked. Hence, he would just wait until she was ready. 


After a long while, Silvia noticed that Andrew had stopped asking her about it. She felt a little aggrieved, so she raised her head from his chest and said pitifully, "Andrew, why aren't you asking me about it anymore? Do you not care about me at all?" 


Women were indeed strange creatures. When Andrew asked her, Silvia didn't want to tell him about it. But when he finally stopped asking, she would then blame him for not caring about her. If he had a choice, Andrew really wished that he would never have to deal with women for the rest of his life. 


However, the girl he was dealing with was Silvia Turner. He didn't mind her making a fuss and her capricious behavior at all. He said patiently, "Of course I do. I want to know what happened to you, but I also respect your wishes. I don't want to force you to tell me." 


Silvia was feeling a little better after letting her emotions out. When she saw Andrew being so patient with her, it warmed up her heart in an instant. "Andrew, actually... My... My period is delayed by two weeks...“ 


"Your period is delayed by two weeks? Let's go see a doctor then." That was Andrew's first reaction. He thought that there might be something wrong with Silvia's body. However, after a long time, he finally realized, "Silvia, you... you are preg...“ 


Silvia covered his mouth with her hand and explained in a hurry, "I'm saying that my period is delayed. I haven't done the test, so it's not confirmed yet. Don't have too high of an expectation, okay?“ 


"Whether you are pregnant or not, you should be more careful. I will send you to the hospital to do a check-up now." After knowing that Silvia might be pregnant, Andrew was even more nervous than Silvia, treating her like a real pregnant lady! 


Silvia took out the pregnancy test that she had just bought at the pharmacy and said, "Let's use this first. It would be so embarrassing if we go to the hospital to the test but I end up not being pregnant." 


"What about it that's so embarrassing? Let‘s go to the hospital to do the test." Andrew nervously carried Silvia into the car and drove to the hospital. While they were on their way to the hospital, Andrew did not forget to comfort her. "It doesn't matter if you're pregnant or not. We don't have to rush into it." 


He said so, but in fact, Andrew really wished that Silvia was pregnant this time. If she really was, he would then have one more reason to keep her by his side. He would not have to worry about the day he wakes up and she's no longer there. 


"I'm still young, so of course, I'm not rushing for a baby. I really hope that I'm not pregnant." Silvia was just anxiously spouting nonsense. She was worried that all of these would turn out to be a misunderstanding like the last time. 


As soon as she said that, Andrew's face fell and he did not say anything else. Silvia realized that she had made a mistake and Andrew was unhappy about it. Hence, she carefully tugged at the edge of his shirt and said pitifully, "It's because I'm scared." 


At such a time, how could Andrew get mad at her or ignore her? He removed his right hand from the steering wheel and held her hand tightly in his palm. "Don't be afraid, I'm here with you." 


Silvia nodded. "Okay." With him by her side, she indeed felt much more at ease. 


Before going over to the hospital, Andrew had contacted one of the top gynecologists. When they arrived, there was already a nurse who was waiting to receive them. The nurse then led Silvia to the Obstetrics and Gynecology Department for a consultation. 


The wait was long and tormenting. When the results were out, Andrew was so nervous that he did not dare to ask the doctor about it. It was Silvia who spoke first, "Doctor, how is it?" 


The doctor glanced over the two of them and said slowly, "Mrs. Carter, you are not pregnant. Your menstruation is delayed probably due to a long period of stress. In other words, either you haven't had a proper rest or you have been practicing an irregular lifestyle for an extended period of time." 







CHAPTER 1203 



As soon as they heard that Silvia was not pregnant, there was an obvious disappointment in both Andrew and Silvia's eyes. The doctor wanted to comfort them, but Andrew held Silvia's hand tightly and said, "Silly girl, you are still young. We are not in a hurry." 


But in fact, he was very eager for her to have his baby too! He had been working hard making love to Silvia as he wanted her to get pregnant as soon as possible. However, at the same time, he did not want to put any pressure on her. 


The doctor echoed, "That's right, both of you are still young. You really can't rush into it when comes to this. If you really want to get pregnant, you can prepare for it by reconditioning your body. Then, the baby you conceive would be healthier." 


Silvia forced a smile and said, "I'm still young, so I'm not in a hurry. However, this guy is getting older now, so I guess he should be anxious. After all, the older a person is, the more difficult it would be to make a baby, right? What if he ends up having no children to pass on his lineage?" 


This young lady really had a wicked tongue! 


Andrew then waved his hand, indicating for the doctor to leave. As soon as the doctor left, Silvia immediately stared at Andrew. "Young Master Carter, I mean, is there something wrong with you?" 


Both of them did not use any form of protection every time they had s‘x, and he had been working so hard every time, so why was Silvia not pregnant yet? 


"There's something wrong with me?" Andrew reached out his hand and pinched her face. "Silvia, who was the one who cried and asked me to be more gentle with her last night?" How dare this woman question him? She really deserved punishment! 


"You're hurting me." Silvia patted his hand away. "If there's nothing wrong with you, then why wasn't I pregnant? Don't you try and find an excuse to defend yourself. Don't forget, we never used contraception during s‘x!" 


Andrew didn't know what to say. 


Seeing that he was keeping his silence, Silvia added, "There must be something wrong with you. If you don't believe me, then let's do a thorough check up now." 


Andrew got up and said, "What checkup? We're going home now." 


Silvia followed him closely. "Why? You're not the only one doing it anyway. We'll do it together. Don't be afraid, I'll be there with you." 


Andrew looked back at her and said, "So you really want to be pregnant with my child so badly?" 


Silvia glared at him and defended, "Who wants to be pregnant with your child? I just wanted to find out the truth. After all, the test won't harm you. As long as you are fine, you won't have to worry about it again when you're with another woman in the future." 


Andrew said in a deep voice, “Silvia, are you asking for a beating?" 


Silvia said in frustration, "Why can't you understand it? Alright, if you're not going to do it, I will do it instead. As long as there's nothing wrong with me, then the problem must be on you." 


"I dare you!" Thinking that she would have to lie on the operating table while the doctor took swabs and inserted scopes in her, Andrew immediately burst into anger. "Silvia, I warn you. Don‘t you ever think of doing such a thing again." 


Silvia glared at him. "Andrew Carter!" 


He said, "I'll do the test!" 


Seeing that he had compromised for her, Silvia hugged his arm and said, "Andrew, if you find out that there's something wrong with you, don't be too sad about it. I am a kind person, and perhaps, I won't be ashamed of you." 


Andrew said, "I dare you to do that." 


Silvia said, "Old man, you're already at this age, but why are you still being so petty?" 


Andrew held Silvia in his arms and gave her a deep kiss. "I'll teach you a lesson once we get back home tonight." 


Since he could not win her with words, then he would subdue her using actions! 


Not too long after, the test results were finally out. It proved that there was nothing wrong with Andrew's reproductive system at all. 


If he had no problem, then it was likely that the problem lay within Silvia. However, Andrew did not want Silvia to find out about it, so he had asked the doctor to keep it a secret. 


He said to Silvia, "The doctor said that we should come get the test results tomorrow." 


Silvia comforted him and said, "Don't worry. No matter what, to me, you are still the brave and strong Young Master Carter." 


Andrew loved listening to these words. He smiled and said, "Such a sweet-talker! You‘re getting better at pleasing others now!" 


Silvia was happy to receive a compliment, so she snuggled into his arms like a cute kitten and said, "It's because you‘ve taught me well." 


Andrew held her hand and said, "Let's go home." 


Silvia nodded and said, "Thank you, Young Master Carter!" 


Andrew said, "What are you thanking me for?" 


Silvia said, "I just want to thank you!" 


She had planned to thank him for helping her out. However, her plans were disrupted by the hospital visit. Although she couldn't do anything to thank him, she still wanted to thank him verbally. 


Andrew poked her head and asked, "Is your brain damaged or something?" 


Silvia nodded. "I guess so?" 


She realized that ever since she was with him, she had been using a lot lesser of her brain. Sometimes, she was so well protected that she had almost forgotten what her name was. If went on like this, she might really become an idiot soon. 


Andrew said, "You better take care of that brain, or else I'll kick you in the a's.“ 


Silvia raised her fist and punched him. "I warn you, Andrew. Only I can kick you. If you dare to kick me, I will make you pay for it." 


Their relationship started off with him forcing himseIf on her. If it were to end, she must the one who did it... However, why did the thought of them ending their relationship made her feel so awful? 


Forget it, she didn't want to think about it anymore. Since the two of them were together now, then she would make sure that she lived her life to the fullest extent. Even if they were to go separate ways in the future, she would not have regrets about this relationship. 


Andrew ruffled her hair and said, "I will never let you have the chance to do that to me." 


Silvia smiled and said, "Then you better listen to me, and do whatever I say... don't get angry at me, don't punish me, and don't be such a control freak..." 


Andrew said, "Yes! My dear wife!" 


Silvia pinched him his arm and said, "Who's your wife? Don't just call me anything you like, alright?" 


She said that she was not his wife, but the look in her eyes and her lips which were slightly curved, were all saying that she was enjoying it. 


Although it was just another blunder and the baby they were eager to have did not actually exist, they still had each other. Their life ahead was still bright and they would never be lonely again. 


...............


As the investigation on Mr. Donald continued, the police began to unravel more of his secrets. Each of his crimes was enough to lock him up in prison for decades. It could be said that his life was completely over. 


After Mr. Donald was convicted, the appointment of the new chancellor was set into action. It was said that the new chancellor was completely new to the school, having never assumed any position at the school before, and this was unheard of in the history of University A. Perhaps this was an extraordinary person. 


In the past week, while everyone was discussing about the new chancellor, they were also paying attention to the person who had posted the article on the school's forum. However, up till this day, there was no one who had managed to find out who that person was. It was as if that person did not exist at all. 


On that day, Silvia arrived at the campus early, which was somewhat rare. As she arrived at the lecture hall, almost all her classmates were already there. When Prince  and Lemur saw her, the two of them immediately went over to her. 







CHAPTER 1204 



Prince said, "Boss, I heard that a big shot has sponsored our school with a huge amount of funding. Also, lecturers who have not been doing their jobs well would be fired and they would be replaced with top lecturers from elsewhere." 


"Big shot?" Silvia immediately thought of Andrew. However, she guessed that he would not have that much time to meddle in the university's affairs. Unless... He really had nowhere else to spend his money, so he decided to spend it on the university? 


"If it really was that b‘stard Andrew, he could have just asked me to spend his money if he didn't know what to spend on!" Silvia thought. 


She had many different ideas on how to spend the money. 


For instance, she recently had the idea of opening her own restaurant. The restaurant would serve a variety of cuisines. Therefore, no matter what she wanted to eat, she could just go to her own restaurant and have them all in one place. 


Prince nodded and said, “Yeah, that's right. Since that person could actually sponsor our university, that would only mean that he's a big shot. It seems that our school will be having a huge internal adjustment very soon. 


Silvia asked, "Who told you that?“ 


Lemur replied, "Everyone in school knew about it already. You're the only one who doesn't know anything. I guess you're starting to lose touch with reality while you live the pampered life as the wife of a rich man." 


Silvia rolled her eyes at him and said, "Who are you calling the wife of a rich man? Can't you just speak properly for once?" 


Seeing that Lemur was getting refuted, Prince said with a smug, "Boss, we've also heard about something else, but we're not sure if it's true and if we should tell you about it." 


Silvia picked up the pen and knocked it against Prince's head. "Do you guys want me to beat you up? Stop making me guess already. If you have something to say, then report it to me directly. Else, I will make you regret it!" 


Prince said, "This rumor has something to do with you." 


Silvia said, "That's not something new! I've had so many rumors about me going around!" 


For the past two years, there were rumors about Silvia having a sugar daddy, and that she had a strong backer in the university. They were all outrageous! 


"It's about Felix." Prince knew how much Silvia cared about Felix, so he was very worried when he caught wind of this. 


As expected, when Silvia heard the word 'Felix', her face fell a little and she immediately asked, "What is it?" 


Prince gave Lemur a knowing look and they both know that they could not hide it from Silvia forever, so they decided to tell her. "A few months ago, Felix suddenly disappeared right before graduation. He was not dropping out of school nor did he get suspended, so how could a person just disappear all of a sudden? His family said that he passed away, but we didn't even see his ashes, let alone his body. It wasn't just you, but many of us, who didn't believe that he was dead." 


Felix's disappearance was something that had been bothering Silvia for so long. Up till now, she stilI could not figure out why Felix had gone missing out of a sudden. Felix was not the kind of person who would abandon her when she was in trouble. "What are you guys trying to say?" 


Prince added, "What I'm trying to say is that Felix is not dead, but he disappeared from the university. Have you never thought that it's fishy?" 


Of course, Silvia had doubted it before. 


However, she could not find any clues on what happened to Felix. 


Lemur then said, "Boss, you have also suspected it, but you can't find any evidence. However, there's a rumor saying that Felix has offended some big shot, so it was that big shot who made him disappear from our school and he had even kicked him out of Madison City." 


"A big shot?" Silvia immediately thought of Andrew again. However she quickly denied that thought. 


All of these happened a few months ago, and Silvia had not met Andrew at that time. Hence, Felix would not have the chance to offend Andrew. It wouldn't be Andrew... It couldn't be him... 


Prince and Lemur said worriedly, "Boss..." 


"Where did you hear these things though?" Silvia was a little flustered, but she did not even know what she was worried about. Perhaps it was because of the word "big shot" that made her think of Andrew. 


Prince said again, "I don't know where the news came from, but it started spreading among the students today. I don't know how true the rumor is, but Boss, every rumor has its grounds! The only thing I was confused about was, why did it start spreading only today?" 


"I think that's strange too." Silvia clenched her fists. "If this is real, I'd definitely hunt him down and avenge Felix no matter who that person is." 


Even if she would not think of being Felix's wife anymore, they were still childhood playmates who grew up together. She had never forgotten his kindness and how well he treated her back then. 


Whenever she had been wronged, Felix would stand by her side to protect her, support her, and encourage her. Of course, if someone were to do harm to him, she would also do her best to avenge him and bring him justice. 


Prince said worriedly, "Boss, now that Wateria Corporation is finally back on track, and your relationship with Young Master Carter is going well, it would be the best if you don't meddle in this matter anymore." 


Silvia raised her eyebrows and asked, "So, if I suddenly went missing one day and you guys found out that someone was behind it, will you not do anything about it?" 


Prince and Lemur answered simultaneously, "Of course we will do something about it. How can we just stand by and do nothing?" 


Silvia patted their shoulders and said, "This is why the two of you are my best friends. If something were to happen to anyone of you, I will definitely avenge you, even if it means sacrificing my life." 


Prince and Lemur could not refute her. Yes, Silvia was right. Even if they were not lovers, they were still friends who grew up together. As long as either of them was in trouble, the other would not just sit by and watch. 


Moreover, Silvia was a loyal person, who would never abandon her friends. 


At the same time, Andrew had also received a report. It was a report that was extremely important to him. 


The report clearly stated that Silvia had a low basal body temperature, which would make it difficult for her to conceive a baby. This was the actual reason why Silvia was still not pregnant despite them having s’x regularly. 


After reading the report, Andrew frowned and looked up at the doctor. He said with a solemn look, "So it was her low basal temperature which is making it hard for her to conceive? And even if she conceived, will she be prone to miscarriage? How can we solve this problem, Doctor?" 


"Yes. Therefore, it would be better for Mrs. Carter not to get pregnant before her body is in good condition. Otherwise, a miscarriage may happen and it would be very detrimental to her body." The doctor explained while observing Andrew's reaction. 


"Mr. Carter, there are two reasons for Mrs. Carter's low body temperature, which is either her personal health or an irregular lifestyle. From what we checked, it seems to be the former case. She must have had a cold long ago and it was not treated in time, causing permanent damage to her health." 


"Caught a cold and not treated in time? What kind of cold would have such a great effect on her body?" At that instant, Andrew immediately thought about everything that he knew about Silvia. 







CHAPTER 1205 



Soon enough, Andrew recalled the time when Silvia was abducted and thrown into a tub of ice water for several hours, and she almost lost her life. He told the doctor, "A few years ago, she was almost frozen to death after being soaked in ice water for a few hours. Does it have anything to do with this?“ 


"Mr. Carter, that's most probably the cause of it." Since they had found the reason, the doctor was a little excited, and her pitch got higher. However, when she saw Andrew's somber face, she hurriedly lowered her head and said, "Sir, you don't need to worry too much. It's not a serious issue and it can be easily treated. Mrs. Carter only needs to recondition her body and she will be able to conceive again." 


At this moment, Andrew was only concerned about Silvia's health. As for whether she could get pregnant or not, was secondary. The doctor said a lot but she did not mention anything that Andrew was concerned about. 


Andrew was very dissatisfied. He raised his eyebrows and said in a deep voice, "Just get to the point!“ 


The doctor was a little confused. Everything that she had said just now was the main point. What else did Andrew want to know? 


The doctor‘s body language reading skills were being put to the test. She looked at Andrew's solemn face and could understand his concern. "Mr. Carter, I'll prescribe some homeopathic medication for Mrs. Carter to recondition her body and I'll make a list for you on what she should take note of every day. Coupled up with a healthy diet, there will be an improvement in Mrs. Carter's health very soon." 


The doctor said a lot but Andrew replied coldly, "She hates bitter food." 


Was there any medicine that was not bitter though? The doctor wanted to say that to him, but she did not dare to do so. She said, "Mr. Carter, that's not a problem at all. I will find a way to make the medicine less bitter." 


Andrew was satisfied with the doctor's answer. Without saying anything else, Andrew waved his hand at the doctor, asking her to leave. 


After the doctor left, Andrew suddenly wanted to listen to Silvia's voice. He immediately called her on the phone, but the call did not get through. Perhaps, she was still in class. 


Not long after, Silvia returned the call. As soon as he answered the phone, he could hear her saying, "Andrew, why did you call me? You called me when l was in class. Do you not know that I can't be on my phone when I'm in class?" 


Listening to her noisy chatter, Andrew suddenly felt much more at ease. He smiled and said, "If I want to can you, I'll give you a call. I don't care if you are in class or not." 


As soon as he said this, Silvia started grumbling, "Young Master Carter, can you stop being so overbearing? Can't you be a little gentler and more considerate of me? Why do you have to be like this and make women hate you?" 


Andrew chuckled and said, "Don't women like men who are somewhat overbearing?" 


Silvia rolled her eyes and said, "Young Master Carter, who told you such nonsense?" 


Silvia guessed that whoever told him that was most probably a rival in love out to sabotage him! 


All men knew that women should be doted on. It would be very difficult for an overbearing man like Andrew to get any woman to like and marry him. Andrew must have been a national hero in his past life to be so lucky to marry her in this life! 


Andrew spoke in a confident tone, "It's just common sense, do I actually need someone else to tell me these?" 


Silvia was completely speechless at his answer, so she said, "Alright, you're the mighty young master of the Carter family, whatever you say is correct. I won't argue with you." 


In fact, Andrew was teasing her because he wanted her to argue with him. "Wow, aren't you the master of arguments? So why did you admit defeat so easily this time? This is very unlike you!" 


"Because there is no way to reason with a pompous young master like you. I will always lose no matter what, so why should I torture myself?" Silvia shrugged and said, "Young Master Carter, if there's nothing else, I'm going to hang up the phone now. I need to pay attention to class so that l can become an excellent student." 


However, Andrew stopped her. "Silvia..." 


Silvia asked, "What's wrong?" 


Andrew shook his head. "Nothing." 


Andrew did not know what was wrong. He had been feeling somewhat uneasy, but when he heard Silvia's voice, his heart was at ease, and so he did not want her to hang up. 


Silvia sensed that Andrew's tone was a little strange, so she asked carefully, "Young Master Carter, is something wrong?" 


"No, nothing. By the way, I'll be picking you up earlier later." Andrew couldn't help but think that it was a little absurd. He had been through all sorts of hardships, but he could never stop himself from worrying when it came to anything that was related to Silvia. 


Even when he was on the brink of death, he had never panicked. However, when he heard that Silvia had some minor health problems, he was so inexplicably uneasy. 


It was probably because he had been lonely for too long. Now that there was a woman who had warmed up his cold heart, he was afraid that he might lose her one day. And that was why he was so anxious. 


"Young Master Carter, you were the one who asked me to be a good student, but you're now asking me to skip class? Why are you being so unruly now?" Despite this, Silvia liked it. It was not her first time skipping class anyway, so it wouldn't matter if she were to do it again. 


Andrew asked, "Just tell me if you're okay with that." 


Silvia said with a smile, "Can I actually say that I'm not okay with that though?" 


Firstly, he would never give her a chance to refuse his request. Secondly and more importantly, she was also reluctant to refuse his invitation. She also wanted to spend more time with him. Even if they were to do nothing, she would be content being able to stay by his side. 


Andrew said, "That's a deal then." 


Silvia nodded. "Okay." 


Andrew added, "You should hang up then." 


Silvia said, "You hang up first." 


Andrew said, "Be a good girl, you should hang up first." 


Silvia said, "Okay, I'll hang up first then." 


"Ew... You guys are so disgusting. I really can't bear it anymore." Silvia had just hung up the phone when she saw Prince and Lemur looking at her, "Boss, it seems like you've fallen for Young Master Carter's charm." 


”Speak properly, can you?" Silvia clenched her fists. "Don't you think that it's not very nice to say that I've fallen for his charm? I'm warning you guys, the two of you better not talk any more nonsense." 


Prince said, "Boss, do you know what you looked like when you were on the phone? Anyone who saw you could tell that you're in love, okay? So don't deny it anymore. In fact, the more you deny it, the more it shows that you're trying to hide it." 


At that instant, Silvia flung her fist at Prince and gave him a punch on the back. "You little brat, I told you not to talk nonsense, but you just keep going on. Was it because I haven't beaten you up lately so you're asking for it now?" 


Prince massaged the spot where Silvia had punched him and said with great grievance, "But what I said was the truth, so why can't we talk about it? You're a tyrant!" 


Looking at his pitiful Iook, Silvia stroked Prince's head and comforted him, "Well, you shouldn't have said that I've fallen for Young Master Carter's charm. Instead, you should've said that he was the one who had fallen into my trap and he will never be able to escape from me anymore." 


After listening to Silvia's words, Prince and Lemur did not want to argue with her anymore. They could never win her in a fight, nor could they win her in an argument, so what was the point of arguing with her? 


However, they really had to admit that their boss was getting more thick-skinned recently. 



No comments:

Post a Comment