Sunday, December 27, 2020

LM CHAPTERS 1256 - 1260

LM 

CHAPTERS 1256 - 1260







CHAPTER 1256 



When it came to love, it was always the player who would see less clearly than the bystanders. Whether it was just a look or an action, bystanders would be able to catch on to the meaning behind it. 


Instead, the players who were deeply involved would constantly ask themselves if they had really fallen in love with the other party or if the other party was serious about them. 


In fact, the moment such an idea appeared, it proved that the person had already found a place in their hearts. That was why they would think about them all the time and they would care if that person had a place for them in their hearts. 


"Boss, wait for us!" Prince and Lemur chased after Silvia and Audrey. Looking at them, Andrew was very envious. He wanted to chase after Silvia too. However, he had already promised her that he would give her some space alone. He must not go back on his word. 


Andrew looked at Silvia's slender figure and watched her walk further away from him. "Silvia, do you think that I'm just messing around with you? Do you know that I, Andrew, had never messed around in my entire life? There was never once that I've made a decision without a careful consideration." 


When he first came to the Carter family, he was afraid that the elders would not like him, so he had been very cautious with whatever he did. 


Later when he grew up, he was put in charge of Shengtian's businesses. In order not to let his father look down upon him, each and every decision that he made was upon careful consideration. 


Then, he left the Carter family and came to Madison City to start his own company. Every step that he had taken in his seemingly daring business adventure was actually a carefully planned one. 


Subsequently, even when he saw a girl who looked just like Janell Joy Carter, he did not go after her right away. It was after a careful consideration that he had decided to go after her. 


There had never been an accident or uncertainty in his life. He had always been very clear about what he wanted. 


She, Silvia Turner, was the woman who he was determined to get in this life. He only wanted her. 


"Master Andrew, Miss Turner has already left. Are you sure that you don't want to chase after her?" Dr. Thames was displeased that Andrew's gaze was only on Silvia. She was upset with the fact that Andrew could not look away even after Silvia was long gone. Therefore, she tried to draw his attention. 


However, Andrew ignored Dr. Thames once again. He looked away and shouted, "Stanley!" 


Stanley hurried over and said, "Yes, Sir." 


Andrew added, "Send someone to follow her and make sure that she gets home safely." 


Stanley answered, "Sir, I've already arranged two of our most capable men to follow Miss Turner." 


This was Stanley's merit. He was a person who could share Andrew's burden at all times. 


Andrew was quite satisfied with Stanley. As long as it had anything to do with Silvia, he would ask Stanley to do it. 


Dr. Thames covertly took a look at Stanley. At that instant, she thought that Stanley was really an annoying stumbling block. If it weren't for Stanley, Andrew would not have such a competent assistant. Then, the situation might have turned out differently. 


Or perhaps she could think of a way to get Stanley over to her side, but it was obviously an unrealistic idea. It would be easier to get rid of Stanley instead. 


All the people who worked for Andrew knew that Andrew was the one who promoted Stanley and all this while Stanley had shown great respect and loyalty towards Andrew. 


It was almost impossible to get Stanley to betray Andrew. 


............ 


"Boss, are you really going to break up with Young Master Carter?" 


"Boss, Young Master Carter has been really good to you. You should really reconsider it." 


After catching up with Silvia, Prince and Lemur couldn't stop talking. Silvia stopped and glared at them. "Since he is so good, you two should be with him instead." 


Lemur said cheekily, "If he likes me, I would really do that. But I think he's straight and he'll never have his eyes on me." 


Prince said, "Boss, in my opinion, you're the only woman who is worthy of Young Master Carter. So you should stop throwing a tantrum at him and just give him a call so that he can come bring you home." 


Silvia glared at them. "You two better quit all these nonsense and get out of my face now." 


Prince and Lemur said, "Boss, Young Master Carter...“ 


Silvia interrupted them. "If anyone here dares to talk about him again, then we can stop being friends already." 


Prince and Lemur felt wronged. "We are doing this for your own good." 


"Stop doing things and say that you're doing it for her sake, okay?" Audrey laughed and said, "I'll take Silvia back to my place tonight. You two can take a taxi home." 


Prince said, “Let us send you two home, Audrey. It's late now, we won't feel at ease letting you two beautiful women go home by yourselves." 


"The security in Madison City is pretty good though," said Audrey. "Don't think too much about it. It's getting late. Go home and rest up. You guys still have classes to attend tomorrow." 


Prince was still worried. ”Okay, make sure that you give us a call when you reach home, okay?" 


"Okay, I will.“ Audrey waved her hand and halted a taxi. When she was about to get into the car, she said to Prince, “Don't tell Auntie that Silvia is staying over at my place tonight. I don't want her to worry about Silvia." 


"Audrey, we'd keep it a secret even if you didn't say so." If they could not keep a secret, they could never have been Silvia's buddies! 


When Andrew was finally home, the alcohol was starting to kick in. At this point, he felt extremely dizzy and he could not even walk steadily. 


Levi James and Julien Carter were still awake. When they saw him, they immediately ran up to him. “Andrew!" They both exclaimed. 


However, before they could even get close to Andrew, the two boys stopped and looked at him with a mix of concern and disgust. 


Julien frowned and said solemnly, "Andrew, did you drink again? Dr. Thames said that your body is weak and you're not supposed to drink. You're a grown-up, do you not know what you should do with your own body?" 


Levi nodded his head vigorously and cooperated with Julien. "Andrew, even if you don't cherish your body, don't you think that you should think about us who love you so much. What are we going to do if you were to fall sick?" 


Looking at the two boys who were so concerned about him, Andrew's heart warmed up in an instant. He reached out his hand to stroke their heads and said, "Yeah, it's my fault. I promise that I won't drink anymore, okay?" 


Julien said, "Andrew, you must keep your word. Otherwise, I will never believe you anymore." 


Andrew chuckled and said, "Since when have I broken my promise?" 


Julien shook his head and said, "Well, it's true that you've never broken your promise." 


Andrew added, "That's right. It's getting late already. I want you two to go back to your room and go to bed now." 


Levi looked behind Andrew, but he did not see the person who he wanted to see. He pouted his lips and said, "Andrew, where's Sister Silvia? Why didn't she come home with you?" 


Andrew said, "Silvia is busy with her studies these days so she won't be coming home for the time being." 


Levi rolled his beautiful round eyes. "She's busy with her studies so she couldn't come home? Andrew, do you think that your words are convincing enough to make us believe it? Do you think that we are kids who you can deceive with such an excuse? 







CHAPTER 1257 



"But you two are still kids, aren't you? Don't think that you're always better than any other kids." Andrew put on the authoritative air as an older brother and forcefully changed the topic. "It's late now. Go back to your rooms and sleep. Don't meddle in our matters anymore." 


Levi pouted his lips and said, "Andrew, I‘m not trying to blame you here, but you were the one who brought Sister Silvia out, so you should be the one bringing her home. How could you just come home without her?“ 


If Victor were to bring Angela out and go home by himself, Angela would never let him off that easily. 


Andrew pinched Levi's cheek and said, ”Levi, go back to your room and go to bed now. If you say one more word, I will send you two back to Jiangbei tomorrow." 


Levi said, "Andrew, how can you threaten us like this?" 


Andrew raised his eyebrows and asked, "Hmm?" 


Levi quickly covered his mouth. He would just shut up if Andrew wanted him to, why did Andrew have to react this way? Andrew was obviously guilty now that he was reacting like this. 


"Andrew, are you really okay after drinking so much?" Julien was worried about his brother's health. As for whether Silvia would come home, it was not something that worried him the most. 


"Do I not look okay to you?" Andrew smiled and caressed Julien's head. "Julien, bring Levi back to the room now. Don't worry about me." 


Julien said sensibly, "Okay Andrew, we'll go back to our room now. You should go to bed soon too." 


Andrew nodded and said, "Okay, good night, boys!" 


"Good night, Andrew!" Then, the two boys returned to their room. As soon as the door was closed, Levi shouted, "What happened to Andrew and Silvia?" 


Julien said, "Andrew told us not to meddle in his matters.“ 


Levi said, “Since when did you become so obedient?" 


Julien said, "Since you miss her, then give her a phone call." 


Levi immediately took out his mobile phone. "Luckily I was smart enough to get her phone number before this." 


Julien said, “Can't you think of something else other than getting a girl's number?” 


"Any normal person would want to get close to a beautiful woman, not to mention someone like Silvia." Levi immediately dialed Silvia's phone number. As soon as the call got through, he said in a sweet voice, "Sister Silvia, it's me, Levi." 


Silvia had just arrived at Audrey's house. Before she could even take off her shoes, Levi's call already came in. When she answered the call, she could hear a sweet and mellow voice coming through the phone. She answered, "What's the matter, Levi?“ 


"Sister Silvia, why didn't you come home?" Levi, who was on the other side of the phone, sounded somewhat pitiful, "Sister Silvia, without you here, I couldn't eat or even fall asleep." 


"Levi, I will be busy for the next two days, so I won't be coming home for the time being. You two can stay at home and have fun, okay?" Although she had only spent a short time with the two boys and she was not even that close to them, Silvia was already starting to miss them when she heard Levi's voice. If it weren't for the fact that her relationship with Andrew had turned out like this, she would definitely rush home to see them. 


Levi said sullenly, "Sister Silvia, don't you miss us?" 


Silvia said, “Yes, I do miss you two." Levi said, "Then why didn't you come home?" 


Silvia said guiltily, “I'm really busy at the moment so I can't go home. I'll go home and see you boys when I have the time, okay?“ 


Levi asked again, "Sister Silvia, if you can't come home, how about we go over and meet you?" 


Silvia hesitated. "But..." 


"How about this, Sister Silvia. You should rest up tonight. Julian and I will go over to your place tomorrow. Good night, Sister Silvia! I hope you can dream of me tonight." After finishing his words, Levi hung up the phone. Silvia shook her head helplessly and said, "I really don't know what else I can say, Levi." 


"Who is it?" Seeing that Silvia was answering the phone call with a gentle look on her face, Audrey was curious about the person on the other side of the phone. 


Silvia smiled and said, "They are two very lovely little cuties." 


Audrey became even more curious. "Lovely little cuties? Who on earth are they?" 


Silvia thought for a moment. "They are someone who could make you fall in love with them at one glance. They are coming over to see me tomorrow. I will introduce them to you and I can guarantee that you'll like them too." 


"Hmm, I'm not interested in little cuties, I'm only interested in rich men." Audrey took off her coat and went to her room. "Silvia, I'll go find you a new set of pajamas." 


Silvia said, "I'm sorry to bother you for the next few days, Audrey." 


"It's indeed quite troublesome to have you here," said Audrey. "So you have to think about it carefully. You should think about how you feel about Young Master Carter and do whatever you want once you've thought it through. Also, my pay is desperately low now that I can barely afford to pay for myself. So I can't let you stay here for too long." 


"Audrey, I'm a wounded woman. Can't you say something nice to me to comfort me?" Silvia glared at her. “You're such a heartless woman." 


Audrey shrugged her shoulders and said, 


"Director Turner, I think you should understand that I'm the kind of woman who is willing to do anything for money. If you want me to be nice to you, then don't you think that you should do something in return for me?" 


Silvia looked at Audrey, who was talking nonsense with a solemn face. "Please tell me Miss Audrey, what do you want?" 


Audrey gently curled her lips and said with a smile, "You're my boss, what else can I do to you? I'm just telling you that if you want to live here for a long time, you should raise my pay. Then, I can guarantee that you'll get the best hospitality here." 


Silvia poked Audrey's forehead and said, "Well girl, if you can make me feel at home for the coming month, I can definitely give you a raise then." 


Speaking of the company‘s affairs, Audrey suddenly thought of something. "Silvia, Wayne is really quite a capable man. He was able to get Wateria Corporation back on track in such a short time. By the way, how many months' bonuses did you give him?" 


Silvia did not understand. “What bonuses?" 


"Don't pretend like you don't know!" Audrey gave Silvia a look. "You have such an excellent talent to manage the company for you and even brought it back on track so quickly. If you didn't issue him any bonuses, why would he still work for you?" 


Silvia said, ”I really didn't give him any bonuses, He did not mention anything about it to me." 


"Silvia, we are friends now, aren't we? Are you worried that I would find out about something?" Audrey still could not believe Silvia. "There are so many companies in Madison City fighting over a talent like him but you're saying that you didn't give him any bonuses or benefits? If that is really the case, then why does he want to work so hard for you?" 


"I'm really telling the truth. He just agreed to help me without asking for anything from me." If it weren't for Audrey, Silvia would not have thought of giving Wayne Zachary any bonuses. 


"Then why was he willing to help you?“ asked Audrey. 


Silvia thought for a moment. "Maybe he's doing it to repay my father's kindness. He said that my father was the one who supported him financially when he went to university." 







CHAPTER 1258 



Audrey poked Silvia's forehead. "Silvia, you're still too naive. Don't just believe in everything the others tell you. It is a confusing world now, there really aren't many in this world who would repay a kindness." 


"Do you mean that Wayne has hidden intentions?" Silvia waved her hand. "No, Wayne wouldn't do that. Let's just stop talking about it, okay? Since I‘ve already given him the full authority to manage Wateria Corporation, I'll have my full trust in him." 


Audrey said, "I'm not asking you to doubt him anyway. I just want you to think about the reason why he is willing to help you without anything in return?" 


Silvia explained, "I initially thought that he had some other intentions for helping me out too. But I realized that there was nothing worthy about Wateria Corporation anyway, it was just an empty shell. Moreover, I've observed Wayne closely before this, he didn't seem like he had hidden intentions." 


However, Silvia was not completely certain about it. Norman was her biological uncle, but he had actually snatched the company away from her, let alone a person whom she did not understand completely, like Wayne... 


"I don't mean that he wants to take over Wateria Corporation," said Audrey. "I'm just wondering if he had any other reasons to work so hard for you." 


Silvia was a little confused. "For example? Besides repaying my father's kindness, what other reasons could he have?" 


"For example, someone had hired him to do so?" said Audrey. 


"Someone hired him?" The first person who came into Silvia's mind was Andrew. However, on a second thought, she thought it was close to impossible. Andrew did not even know who Wayne was at that time and he had even helped her look into Wayne‘s background and even tested him out for her. 


However, after thinking about it carefully, she realized that it was not entirely impossible. 


At the beginning, it was Andrew who told her that Wayne was trustworthy. He was the one who told her that she could let Wayne manage the company for her. 


Could it be that the person who had been manipulating Wateria Corporation's fate all these while was Andrew? 


"You thought of your Young Master Carter, didn't you?“ Audrey patted Silvia's shoulder. "To be honest, apart from giving him a big bonus, the only reason that I can think of is that Young Master Carter had hired him. I think Young Master Carter is the only person in Madison City who could order Wayne around like this.“ 


"Do you really think that it's Andrew?" Silvia did not dare to believe it, but she had no choice but to be convinced by it. Perhaps, it was only the Carter family that could help Wateria Corporation get back on track within such a short period of time. 


She was really so foolish to only realize it now! She was so stupid that she actually thought Wateria Corporation's success was all due to her hard work. She foolishly thought that it was because God had seen all her effort that He had sent an angel to help her out. 


In fact, the real angel was the person who had been sleeping next to her every night. It was Andrew, whom she thought never cared for her and only regarded her as a plaything! 


"I think you would know better than me whether it was Young Master Carter," said Audrey. 


"Yeah, I know!" Silvia picked up her bag and wanted to leave Audrey's house. "Thank you, Audrey. I'll get going now!" 


Audrey chased after her. "Silvia, where are you going at this hour?" 


Silvia said, "I'm going over to Wayne's place. I have to find out the real reason why he was willing to help me right away." 


"Silly girl, do you know what time is it now? He's probably asleep now," said Audrey. "Can't you just wait till tomorrow?" 


Silvia said, "I have to find out the truth right now. I can't wait any longer." 


There was nothing that Audrey could do to stop Silva, so she said. "Then be careful on your way there, okay?" 


............



After leaving Phantasy Nightclub, Dr. Thames did not return to her residence immediately. She got into a taxi and took a few detours. Finally, she got off at an ordinary looking neighborhood. 


Dr. Thames went to a supermarket nearby and sauntered around. Then, after making sure that no one was following her, she entered a building in the neighborhood. 


She arrived at the 17th floor. She stood outside of unit 1703 and knocked on the door. After a few moments later, the door was pushed open. She went in and the man shut the door. 


Dr. Thames said, "I want to tell you some good news. Your beloved woman has asked..." 


The man did not wait for Dr. Thames to finish her words. He interrupted her and said, "Our plan has failed." 


"What?" Upon hearing the news, Dr. Thames let out a shrilling scream and her face was distorted with anger. "Didn't they claim that they've never failed? It was just two little brats, how could they fail? How dare they ask for such a high pay even?" 


"Those assassins had indeed never failed. This was the first time." The man sighed, ”It's a pity that not only are those two rascals who you wanted to kill were alive, they were totally unharmed." 


Dr. Thames found it hard to believe. "You're lying to me, aren't you?” 


The man added, "The middleman said that it was Simon Banks who saved the kids. I'm not surprised that Simon would show up. Instead, I'm just curious about those kids. I've been thinking who they are that they even dared to ask Simon to let those assassins go." 


"They caught the assassin but let them go?" Dr. Thames was puzzled. "Was it just a trick that the assassins were playing?" 


The man said, "I really hope that it was just a trick. If that is not the case, then those boys must have come from a powerful family. Now that we've already gotten their attention, it's going to be difficult to get them in the future." 


"You mean that we can't do anything to those two boys anymore?" Dr. Thames looked at the man coldly. "Let me tell you, even if those two boys were gods, I must get rid of them." 


The man said, "The boys had asked Simon to let the assassins go, was to find out who the mastermind was. If we were to take any rash actions, Andrew will find out about us sooner or later." 


Dr. Thames sneered. "Find out about us? The assassins we hired don't even know who we are. How could Andrew find out?" 


The man said, "You should calm down." 


Dr. Thames roared, "I don't care. No matter what, I want you to find a way and get rid of those two imprudent brats. As long as you can get rid of them, I don't care if we're going to get exposed. 


The man said, "If you want to die recklessly like this,then go ahead. Don't drag me along with you. If you still want to work along with me, then you should drop this idea for the time being. Otherwise, we will all die." 


The man had experienced Andrew's power. He knew how ruthless Andrew could be. Also, Andrew was so influential that he could do it without leaving any traces. 


Dr. Thames said angrily, "So you won't be helping me then?" 


The man was still very calm. "I‘ve already told you what the consequences are. All I want to say is, don't get ourselves in trouble and die for nothing." 


Dr. Thames wanted to get rid of the two boys because they had been a stumbling stone to her plan. However, after reconsidering it, as long as she remained idle, they would not be able to do anything to her. 


After thinking it through, Dr. Thames said again, "I heard them saying that Andrew was their brother, so I guessed that they were from the Carter family too. Butl've never seen Andrew keeping in touch with his family throughout these years, so I thought that he didn't have any family. I have no idea where those two boys come from and how powerful their family was."







CHAPTER 1259 



"No matter where they came from, and no matter how powerful the forces behind them were, we must never act rashly. Otherwise, none of us can afford to go through the consequences." As the man spoke, he handed Dr. Thames a document and said. "Don't come here if you don't have anything important to talk about. I don't want anyone to get suspicious of you."


Dr. Thames took it over and said disdainfully, "Felix Xavier, it's not a surprise that your woman would fall in love with another man. If I were her, I would never like a loser like you. Andrew had no idea that you're back at all. Perhaps, he did not even see you as his rival but you're here scaring yourself out all the time like a coward." 


"That's right. I am a loser." Felix stepped forward and clutched Dr. Thames' neck. He said in a sinister voice, "Dr. Thames, you're quite good-looking yourself too and you've been by Andrew's side for a few years now, but do you know why he was never interested in you?" 


Dr. Thames grabbed his hand and tried to push him away. However, it was useless. "Why?" 


Felix sneered and said, "It's probably because you have such a wicked tongue. No one likes a woman like this." 


Dr. Thames' eyes were bloodshot due to anger. "You... "


"What about me?" Felix pushed her away and suddenly changed the subject. "Dr. Thames, you've already endured all these for so many years, don't ruin it now. I'm sure that you know it better that if you want to achieve great things, we must learn to be patient and not to act recklessly. If you can't even do that, how could you make Andrew fall for you?" 


Dr. Thames was silent. She knew that she had been a little impatient recently. 


It was all because of Silvia. Whenever she saw them acting all lovey-dovey, she felt as if her heart was being torn into pieces. How could she still keep calm? 


Although Felix did not like this woman, they were still allies after all. For the sake of their future, he could only advise her. "Please hold on a little longer. As long as you can take control over Andrew, everything will be ours very soon." 


The moment Felix mentioned it, Dr. Thames suddenly thought of something that she had almost neglected. "By the way, one of the boys is particularly calm. He asked me to sort out Andrew's medical records and pass them to him. It looks like he wants to look for another doctor to treat Andrew.“ 


Felix's heart trembled. "Didn't you say that the two boys were about 12 years old? Are they really that smart?" 


"That's because you haven't met them and talk to them yourself. They are really that smart." Thinking of how the boys were behaving the other day, Dr. Thames immediately broke into a cold sweat. "When they looked at me that day, I really felt like they have seen through me. One of them even told me right in my face that he knew I don't like them, so he said that he doesn't like me too. I did not even give them any disdainful look, but he could just tell it. Don't you think that they will be a stumbling stone to our plan?" 


Felix thought for a moment and said, "I think children are probably more sensitive than adults. Don't think too much about it." 


Dr. Thames said, "I'm not overthinking. We really shouldn't underestimate them. They might be young, but they are more organized than your beloved woman when they do things." 


"Okay, I'll make sure to pay attention to them." They had been working together for quite some time now. This was the first time Felix had ever heard Dr. Thames praising anyone. 


If even Dr. Thames would think so highly of the two boys, there must be something special about them. It seemed like he really must get rid of them. 


...... 


Wayne was sleeping soundly with his girlfriend in his arms. However, his boss, to be exact, his boss' wife called him on the phone and woke him up from his sweet dream. 


It was a phone call from his boss' woman, so Wayne did not dare to have any delays. He immediately answered the call, "Hi Director Turner, what can I do for you?" 


Silvia said, "Mr. Zachary, I'm at the 24-hour fast food restaurant in your neighborhood and l have something to ask you. Could you please come over?" 


It was the middle of the night. The moment Wayne heard that Silvia wanted to see him at this hour, he sobered up in an instant. He rolled over and sat on the bed. "Did something happen, Director Turner?" 


Wateria Corporation was operating well, so it should not be about the company. What else could it be then? 


Silvia said, "I'm really sorry to bother you in the middle of the night, but I really can‘t wait till morning.l need to confirm something immediately. Mr. Zachary, could you please come see me now?" 


"Sure, Director Turner, I'll go over now." Wayne got out of bed as he spoke. He did not dare to refuse the woman whom his boss valued the most. However, he was not sure if he should tell Andrew about it before meeting up with Silvia. 


"Where are you going, Honey?" Wayne's girlfriend opened her eyes in a daze. She grabbed him and interrupted his train of thoughts. 


"My boss' wife is looking for me. I'll be right back, okay?" Wayne lowered his head and kissed his girlfriend before leaving. 


It was already past midnight and most of the shops were closed. The most noticeable store at that moment was a 24-hour KFC. 


It was windy outside, so Silvia chose this shop to take shelter from the wind and to meet up with Wayne. After hanging up the phone, she ordered a hot drink to warm up her body. 


In less than ten minutes, Wayne had arrived. 


Although he was in a rush, Wayne was still dressed nicely, just like when he was at work. He looked neat and clean. The moment Silvia saw him, her impression of him got even better. 


She got up and apologized, "Mr. Zachary, I‘m so sorry to have woken you up at this hour!" 


Wayne said politely, "Director Turner, as long as you have to see me, I will still come regardless of the time." 


Silvia said sincerely, "Mr. Zachary, you are really a good person. Thank you for helping me manage Wateria Corporation so well. I'm really grateful to have you!" 


"Director Turner, you really don't have to keep thanking me. Please just tell me if you need anything," Wayne did not want her to thank him anymore! He felt at a loss. 


"Mr. Zachary, I know that you didn't mean to lie to me. And I know that you've made up the story about my father supporting you financially so that I would believe the reason why you were willing to help me was to repay my father's kindness." Instead of questioning him, Silvia spoke affirmatively. She wanted Wayne to know that she had discovered everything so he did not need to hide any further... 


Wayne was shocked. "Director Turner..." 


"Hold up and listen to me first." Silvia smiled gently. "Andrew was the one who hired you to help me out. I really want to thank him, and I want to thank you too." 


"What are you talking about, Director Turner? I'm confused." He did not receive any news from Andrew that he could tell Silvia about the truth. Therefore, even if Wayne were to get beaten to death, he would never admit that it was Andrew who had ordered him to work at Wateria Corporation.





 


CHAPTER 1260 



Silvia said with certainty, “Mr. Zachary, I've found out about everything. I know it was Andrew behind all these, so you really can stop pretending that you don't know anything." 


Since Silvia already knew, there was no point for Wayne to hide the truth. He added, "Director Turner, yes, I admit that it was Mr. Carter who sent me to help you manage the company. However, his only purpose was to help you. He has never thought of taking over the company. On the contrary, if it weren't for him, I'm afraid that Wateria Corporation would have gone bankrupt already, let alone achieve such a great result now." 


”So it was really him!" Silvia could already guess that Andrew was the one who had done all of these. But the moment she heard it from Wayne, Silvia was still shocked. "He had done so much for me, but why was he not willing to tell me anything about it at all?“ 


If he had told her about it, she wouldn't think that he was just messing around with her. If he had told her about it, she wouldn't have thought that he was with her just to satisfy his own desires. 


He knew very clearly that she was slow-witted, but he still chose not to say anything. If he did not tell her about it, how would she ever know that he had secretly done so much for her? 


”Mrs. Carter..." Since he had come clean with Silvia, Wayne felt that it would be more appropriate to address her this way. He thought that Andrew would prefer him to do that too. "I believe you should know very well why Mr. Carter had chosen not to tell you about it." 


Of course, she knew. Andrew had been hiding it from her because he did not want her to feel that she had owed him anything. He did not want her to think that there was a great discrepancy in their relationship... He was trying to protect their relationship, but she did not realize it at all and she had even hurt him with mean words over and over again. 


"Mr. Zachary, thanks for telling me the truth. I will have to get going now." Upon hearing the truth from Wayne, Silvia was certain with the thoughts in her mind. She couldn't wait to see Andrew. She wanted to tell him that she had made up her mind and chosen him as her life partner. Silvia wanted to ask him if he was thinking the same too. 


"Mrs. Carter, Mr. Carter has done far more than this for you. I hope you can realize how good he is to you.” 


Wayne's words sounded from behind. Silvia turned around and smiled at him. "Thank you!" 


After meeting up with Wayne, Silvia took a taxi to Andrew's villa. It was almost dawn when she arrived home and the gardener was already in the yard trimming the plants. 


After entering the house and changing into a pair of slippers, Silvia immediately rushed to Andrew's room. She wanted to see him as soon as possible and ask him the question that she had in mind. However, her enthusiasm died down in an instant when she saw that his room was empty. 


Andrew's bed was very tidy. There were no signs that someone had slept in it at all. 


Where was he? Where could he be? 


Silvia was a little flustered. She turned around and ran out of the room. She went over to his study room, but he was not there too. 


He wasn‘t in his room, neither was he in his study. Could it be that he didn't come home that night? 


Silvia quickly took out her phone and dialed his number. However, the first thing which sounded from the phone was a cold phone operator voice, "Sorry! The number that you have dialed is currently unavailable. Please try again later." 


Andrew had turned off his mobile phone and she couldn't think of anyone else who she could contact. Hence, panic slowly overwhelmed her. At this critical moment, she suddenly thought of her own room. 


Could Andrew be in her room? 


Silvia took a deep breath and calmed herself down before entering her room. She opened the door and a strong alcohol smell rushed into her nostrils. 


Sure enough, Andrew was sleeping on her bed. 


However, he did not open the windows, so the ventilation in the room was bad, which made the smell linger. 


On top of that, he did not even take off his clothes. The man who had always paid attention to his image was lying on her bed slovenly. 


Silvia walked to him. When she saw that he was frowning even when he was asleep, she could feel a slight sting in her heart. "Why are you frowning, Andrew? Is it because of me? Was I the one who made you sad?" 


Perhaps, it was really because of her. It was her who had hurt his feelings and made him frown in his sleep. At this moment, he looked as if something was bothering him. 


"I'm sorry!" Silvia held his hand gently. "I promise I‘ll never make you angry again, and I'll never make you sad again." 


"Andrew, why did you help me so much? Do you really like me?" His eyes were shut, so Silvia thought that he could not hear what she was saying. And it was only then she had the courage to ask the question that she was too afraid to ask. 


"I like you!" Andrew suddenly opened his eyes and looked at her deeply, "Silvia Turner, I like you!“ 


He just said that he liked her! What?! What did he just say?! He liked her?! 


Silvia was so shocked that her ears were starting to buzz and she was left in a momentary daze. It was only when Andrew's warm lips touched hers, and he began fiercely kissing her that she knew she was not dreaming. 


Andrew's confession was true. He really liked Silvia. He did not treat her as a plaything, nor as a tool just to vent his lusts. 


Other than being shocked, Silvia was feeling dizzy because of his overbearing kiss. After a long while, she broke off the kiss which almost suffocated her. 


After reclaiming her breathing, Silvia gently bit her lips which Andrew had just kissed. She said shyly and nervously, "Andrew, I am not smart and I'm short-tempered too. What, what do you like about me?" 


She had so many shortcomings but why did he like her? 


Andrew could rarely see Silvia being nervous and shy in front of him, so he thought that she was very adorable. Looking at her, he could not help kissing her face again. "I like you because you have self awareness!“ 


"Andrew, I'm being serious here. Don't just brush me off like this!" The moment Andrew teased her, Silvia's bashfulness and nervousness disappeared in an instant. She became a little tigress and commanded, "Tell me quickly, I will not let you go until you tell me." 


"What do I like about you?" How could he answer this question? 


Could he tell her that at first it was because she looked like the girl who he had liked for many years? 


While Andrew was in a dilemma, Silvia, who had always been unreasonable, suddenly became very considerate of him. "If you can't give me an answer now, then don't answer it. As long as I know that you like me, that would be enough." 


Andrew was at a loss for words. 


Silvia got close to him and rubbed her face against him. "Andrew, why don't you answer the question that I've asked you last night, then?" 


Andrew had drunk too much the night before, so he was not very sober at that time. What's more, he was having a slight fever now, so he had completely forgotten what Silvia had asked him. 


Andrew had already forgotten her question, but Silvia, on the other hand, was looking forward to his answer. She looked at him with her beautiful eyes and said, "Answer me!" 


"I'm sorry, Silvia! I drank too much last night, so I couldn't remember the question." He decided to tell her the truth and he was ready to receive her fist. 


However, not only did Silvia not lash out at him, she smiled and said, "It's okay! If you can't remember, I will just ask you again. Are you sure that you want to be with me for the rest of your life?“ 


It turned out that she was asking about this. Andrew embraced her and kissed her. Just as he was kissing her until she was slightly out of breath, he said, "Silvia, you'll be the only one for me in this life!" 


Silvia pressed her lips together and lay against Andrew's chest. She said, "Andrew, let's fall in love." 



No comments:

Post a Comment