Sunday, January 31, 2021

LM CHAPTERS 1396 - 1400

LM 

CHAPTERS 1396 - 1400







CHAPTER 1396 



Without Andrew around, the others felt like strangers to Silvia. 


She felt out of place as she sat with the family. She usually loved to eat fried shrimps, but at present, the food seems tasteless in her mouth. 


"Silvia, the doctor said that Andrew has to stay warm. So, I sent someone to send breakfast to his room. Hurry up and eat. After that, you’ll be able to visit him." Jane was able to see through Silvia's concern and told her in advance. 


"That's right, Sister Silvia. Once you finish your meal, you can visit Andrew. So, don't be moody." Even Levi was able to see that Silvia was unhappy for not being able to see Andrew. 


Once again, Silvia deeply felt that she could not keep anything from the Carters. They could guess her every move and read any subtle change in her expression. 


If that was the case, would they guess that she was slightly envious of Janell Joy’s beauty? If it was true, she really could not mask her feelings! 


Just as Silvia was letting her imagination run wild, Levi was sensible and reminded her at the right time, "Sister Silvia, eat quickly. Once you‘re done, you can see Andrew!" 


Once she finished her meal, she could visit Andrew openly. Silvia didn't think of anything else and pulled herself out of her moody thoughts to concentrate on her meal. This time, everything was delicious. 


Silvia finished her breakfast as fast as she could and let Janell Joy lead her directly to Andrew's room. 


On the way there, Janell Joy said, "Silvia, our family really likes you very much. I like you too. We are all thrilled from the bottom of our heart for you to come." 


Silvia could feel it too. "Janell Joy, thank you." 


Janell Joy continued, “Then can you tell me what your worries are?" 


Did Janell Joy notice something? 


Silvia felt slightly nervous. "Janell Joy, why do you ask that?" 


Janell Joy immediately smiled and said, "It's just intuition." 


Silvia sighed. This girl's intuition was accurate. But how should Silvia answer Janell Joy? Could she tell Janell Joy that she was concerned about who Andrew fancied before? That she, Silvia, was envious of Janell Joy? 


Of course, none of these could be said out loud. "Of course, I'm just worried about your brother‘s health." 


Silvia didn't want to talk about it, so Janell Joy didn't probe further. "Andrew will definitely be fine. Don’t worry too much." 


Silvia nodded. 


Soon, they arrived at Andrew's room. Janell Joy knocked at the door. When she heard Andrew say "Come in“, she pushed the door open and went in. "Brother, guess who came to see you?“ 


Andrew merely glanced at them. Then, he looked away as if he had not seen them. 


Silvia felt uncomfortable. How dare this man sneak in to see her the previous night and then pretend to be cold when there were other people present? He should at least show her some respect. 


Janell Joy pushed Silvia in front of him. "Brother, Silvia is here to see you. Are you happy? Are you surprised?" 


In fact, they had received Angela's messages last night, but they tacitly pretended that they didn't see it because they all knew that Andrew was also a person who cared about his image. 


Andrew remained quiet. Silvia stared at him so hard that she wanted to rush over and bite him. She wanted to punish him so severely that he would become unrecognizable. 


"Andrew would definitely ignore all of us!" Levi also followed in and spat out that sentence. As soon as Levi said it, Andrew glared at him fiercely. 


Silvia thought, “Look at this Andrew. He did something, but he wouldn't let anyone talk about it!" 


"Silvia, Andrew is on an intravenous drip. You should go and accompany him. Levi and I will leave first." Janell Joy immediately pulled Levi away and left her behind. It would be better for her to give some space to her brother and sisteri-n-law. 


When they left, they closed the door properly. But after that, Levi was unwilling to leave and wanted to stay outside to eavesdrop again. Janell Joy glared at him as a warning, "Levi, no eavesdropping." 


Levi really wanted to listen if the couple would quarrel again. He said, "Janell Joy, let me listen for a while. Just a while, okay?" 


Janell Joy smiled and said, "Levi, do you really want to listen to them?" 


She snickered mischievously. Levi knew that he wouldn’t be able to escape from Janell Joy's schemes and retreated in a hurry. "I won't listen. I'm not bothered if they argue or not.” 


…….


Only Silvia and Andrew were left in the room. 


Silvia was displeased with Andrew's attitude towards her earlier. She stood rooted to the ground and did not move. If it were in the past, she would definitely turn around and leave Andrew. However, she did not. After all, he was still a patient. 


Andrew looked at her and said, "Why don't you come over?" 


Silvia snorted coldly and didn't want to pay any attention to him. 


Andrew added, "Silvia, do you need me to invite you over?" 


Silvia gave him a side-eye and said, "You didn't even bother about me. Do you see me as a dog at your beck and call? Andrew, you do treat me like a dog, making me follow you here and there." 


Andrew replied, "A dog is much more obedient than you." 


"Andrew, what do you mean?" This asshole just said that a dog was better than her. 


Silvia couldn’t help feeling furious as she thought more about it. She wanted to turn around and leave. However, just when she had this thought, she heard Andrew saying, "Ouch!" 


Silvia immediately rushed over. “What's wrong? Where does it hurt?" 


Andrew grabbed her and pressed her hand on his chest where his heart was. He snickered and said, "It‘s hurting here." 


Silvia pouted, "You were the one who didn't care about me first." 


"So you're angry with me and making me sad?" 


"It was you who made me sad first." 


Andrew replied, "I am now a patient, and my mood is not quite under control. Can't you be a little more considerate of me?" 


"So you have the right to ignore me as a patient?" Silvia wanted to pull back her hand, but he gripped it tightly. 


He said, "Because I know that I'm a tad bit willful. That's why I wanted to gain your attention.“ 


This man! Seriously! His flirtatious words were top-notch. How could she still be angry with him? 


Besides, he was indeed a patient. Why should she be angry with a patient? 


He was sitting upright on the bed with an intravenous drip in his left hand. His face was pale, and his lips were dry and cracked. Silvia felt heartbroken when she noticed these. "I'm sorry, I should have been more understanding to you." 


Andrew answered, "It's okay." 


Silvia held his right hand. "It's very uncomfortable to be on drips like this every day, isn't it?" 


Andrew looked at her. Seeing that she was almost tear-stricken to be worried about him, he couldn't bring himself to lie to her again. "Actually, I'm already feeling much better now. There is no big problem." 


"Andrew, I am not silly. Don't comfort me with such words!" His face was so pale, and there was a drip on his hand. How could he be okay? She knew that he was comforting her, but she didn't need him to comfort her. 


Andrew thought in his heart, "You're still saying that you're not silly?!" 







CHAPTER 1397 



He knew that this woman could be dense sometimes, but in his fit of anger he still. Now it seemed that the fault was still on him. 


Silvia did not know what Andrew was thinking. She said worryingly, "If you're sick, you should treat your illness properly. Curing your illness is our top priority, and don't think about anything else! You need to make sure your family doesn't worry about you." 


Andrew gazed at her. "What about you?" 


Silvia did not understand what he meant. "Me?" 


He asked again, "Would you leave me again?" Was she still going to leave him? 


Silvia shook her head firmly. "No." 


Andrew was in disbelief and asked, "Really?" 


"Then are you willing to try to like me?" Silvia observed his expression and continued before he could reply, "I know I have many shortcomings, but I have my own merits too." 


Andrew had long fallen in love with Silvia. However, this dumb woman did not believe him and insisted that she was just a substitute. Andrew could not help embracing her, and pulling her head closer to him, "Tell me, what are your merits?" 


Silvia didn't know what her good traits were for a while. She then said, "For example, I can fight, I can help when others bully you, and I won't let others buIIy you!" 


With her lack of agility, she still dared to say that she could put up a fight? Andrew was unwilling to say that he would probably fare better than Silvia in a fight! "Stanley is more powerful than you. With him, I don't need to worry about others hitting me." 


Since her first merit was denied, Silvia quickly thought of something else. "For instance, I am very good at eating, and I eat a lot. We won‘t be afraid that our children would be picky eaters in the future!" 


Alas, Silvia was so thick-faced that she assumed being a good eater warranted merit. Andrew held back his laughter and said, "Silvia, if you can eat well, that's just you. It has nothing to do with our children's eating habits." 


Both of her merits were denied continuously. So, Silvia stated again. "Well, I‘m pretty." She approached Andrew. "Look, other girls that are prettier than I may not even have perfect features like me." 


Goodness! Such a statement was a signature of Silvia's. "No matter how beautiful a woman is, she would age. Everyone looks the same when they're old. So I don’t value a person's appearance very much!" Andrew retorted. 


Being denied continuously, Silvia began to feel anxious. In a hurry, she blurted out a reason that she was never willing to spout. "I‘m good in bed. You were pleased with our lovemaking. You can't deny it, can you?“ 


Andrew was rendered speechless. 


"I really can't deny this. If I deny it, she won't make love to me again, and I would definitely suffer," he thought. 


"Andrew, why are you keeping quiet? Do you think I'm completely useless?" Silvia pressed her lips tightly as tears welled up in her eyes. "Anyway, I still have many merits. You will definitely find out when you're with me.“ 


Looking at her pitiful appearance, Andrew pulled her head over and leaned forward to kiss her pink lips. "Hmm, aren't you silly? " 


Silvia pursed her lips and said aggrievedly, "I know that I’m not as smart as you, but I am trying very hard. I will work harder and become better. I want to be worthy of you. Don't feel annoyed by me, okay?" 


Andrew couldn't help laughing, "Okay, let's see your performance in the future." 


"What if I don‘t perform well?" 


Andrew said, "I'm the one who married you. No matter how bad your performance is, I can only accept you." 


Silvia added, ”Do you regret marrying me? Andrew, you cannot regret it." 


Andrew vowed, "I won't!“ 


Silvia took his hand and said, “Let's pinky promise!" 


"Aren't you being childish?“ 


Silvia argued, “I may be childish, but I’m still your wife. You are not allowed to complain about me." 


"How oppressive!" 


"No matter how oppressive I am, I'm still your wife." 


Andrew agreed, "Yes, my dear wife!" 


He thought that Silvia would never want to come back after leaving. He didn't expect that she would come back so easily and confess her feelings to him. 


Silvia pushed him into an emotional turmoiI but salvaged him again. She vowed to be with him, giving him a promising future. Could he feel assured? 


The answer was no! 


Because he knew that there were still some emotional obstacles between them! For example, the incident regarding Felix... 


Andrew looked at Silvia and asked, "Why did you ask me that kind of question that day?" 


Silvia understood instantly. "It wasn't you. Why did you say that? Why did you admit that you were a murderer?" 


She actually believed in him! This made Andrew feel incredulous again. 


That day, Silvia was demanding an answer to clear her doubts. However, Andrew was upset that she suspected him at all and drove her away in a fit of anger, which ended up making him ill. 


Silvia asked again, "Why?" 


Andrew gazed at her. He could see from her eyes that she was eager to know the truth. If he did not say it, it would be a permanent scar in her heart. Thus, he said, “In fact, I knew about it." 


Silvia stared at him with wide eyes in surprise. "You knew? How did you know?" 


Andrew explained, "Because I wanted you. Someone knew my intention and they wanted to give you to me, so they used such a method. I knew it, but I didn't stop them.“ 


He actually was aware about it, but he didn't stop it. 


Silvia was so anxious that her eyes turned red. "Andrew, if you knew about it, why didn't you do anything to stop it?" 


Andrew asked her back, “Why should I stop it?" 


That Felix had nothing to do with Andrew. Whether Felix was dead or alive, injured or disabled, it all had nothing to do with Andrew. 


Andrew had never been a soft-hearted person. 


He even admitted that he was a little selfish. Only when Felix disappeared would Silvia be willing to stay with Andrew and spend her life with him. It was because of Andrew's selfishness that he turned a blind eye to that matter. 


Silvia was speechless. "You..." 


Yes, Andrew had no reason to stop it, but Felix wouldn't be severely injured if he did. Felix wouldn't blame Andrew then, and Silvia wouldn't be strained with such a heavy burden every day. 


Every time she thought Felix was hurt because of her, she would feel like the murderer. it was an unforgivable sin. 


Andrew said solemnly, "Silvia, I admit that I liked someone else before, but that's all in the past. From now on, I just want to like you and live a good life with you. I also hope that you can let go of the people and things in the past. After all, people can't come back to life after death. Let's look forward to the future together, shall we?" 


Silvia remained speechless. She wanted to live a good life with him too, but she did not want both of their happiness to be built on the others' suffering. Besides, she felt sorry for Felix the most.





 


CHAPTER 1398 



Silvia was about to step back unknowingly. 


Andrew grabbed her and said, "Silvia, what are you trying to do?" 


Just now, she had promised him that she would not leave him. She wanted to love him and let him discover her merits... It was because he believed in her; that was why he told her everything. 


Yet, this woman began to retreat only moments after making her promise. 


Silvia drew back her hand. "Andrew, I'm sorry! I need some time to calm down!" 


Andrew growled, "Silvia!" 


Silvia shook her head and said, "Andrew, I like you. I really want to be with you forever, but when I think of Felix being hurt because of me, I can't forgive myself." 


Andrew became furious and said, "So what do you want? You want me to get someone to arrange a marriage for him in the afterlife?!“ 


"Felix is still alive! He doesn't need an afterlife marriage. I just hope that he can find the happiness that belongs to him. I hope he will be happier than me. Do you understand?“ 


“Felix is still alive?" Why hadn't Andrew received any news? How did Silvia know about this? Were the people sent by Stanley to her side useless? 


Silvia answered, “Yes, he is still alive. I will find the real murderer to avenge him and let him know that you are not the culprit. Only when he finds the happiness he deserves, can I be with you. Andrew, do you understand?" 


"Silvia, you want to search for the murderer?!“ Andrew's eyes darkened at this. He grabbed her and held her hands tightly. "Leave this matter to me. You don't have to care about anything else." 


The truth would be crueler than she thought, and he was afraid that she couldn't accept it. 


"You?" Silvia shook her head and insisted, "No, Andrew, you have nothing to do with this. You must not intervene. I don't want you to be in danger too." 


"Silvia, you are my wife. Your business is my business." Andrew uttered with determination, "Trust me! Believe me this time! I know who the murderer was. I ensure the murderer is punished and give Felix an explanation." 


Hearing this, Silvia was extremely surprised. "Andrew, you know who the murderer was? No... You should know that. I was confused for a moment.“ 


He had already told her that he knew about the incident, so it wouldn't be surprising for him to know who the murderer was. 


Andrew embraced her in his arms and said, "Silvia, believe me, let me handle this!" 


Silvia asked again, "Who was the murderer?" 


"Don't ask!" No matter what, he would never tell her who the murderer was. 


"I want to know!" Silvia was persistent too. 


"Norman Turner!" Andrew blurted the name. Only when it came to this person would Silvia believe it. Besides, he was sure that Silvia could not find Norman to confront him. 


Silvia gnashed her teeth and cursed angrily, "It really was Norman. That son of a bitch, not only did he hurt my father, but he also wanted to hurt Felix. I want to tear him apart with my own hands!" 


Andrew comforted her, "I will tear him apart for you." 


Nevertheless, Silvia was still worried and she replied, "Andrew, I don't want you to be in danger." 


"Don't worry, I can still handle such a small matter." 


Silvia added, "Felix is back. He did not tell me personally that you hurt him nor show his hatred for you, but my sixth sense told me that it was not as simple as it seems. I am afraid that Felix will hurt you, so we must let him know the truth as soon as possible. Don‘t let him harm you out of hatred." 


Hearing that she was concerned about him, Andrew smiled gently and could not help hugging her tighter, "Silly girl, don't worry. It won't be so easy for him to hurt me." 


"Andrew..." Silvia had something else to say, but she felt that this request was too much after thinking about it. However, she had no other choice but to beg him. "If Felix does anything, as long as he does not endanger your life, can you not hurt him?" 


Andrew fell quiet. 


Thinking of how she was still thinking of Felix, Andrew was slightly unhappy. However, she was willing to tell him everything, which also proved her trust in him. He could promise her this. "Okay, I promise you!" 


Silvia said gratefully, "Thank you!" 


She knew that she was asking too much, but she could only beg. She also believed that Felix would not do anything to Andrew once Felix found out the truth. 


"Thank me for what?“ Andrew pushed her out of his arms and said, "There are many nice places in Jiangbei. Let Janell Joy and Levi bring you for a stroll." 


"There's no need, I want to accompany you." Without him, she didn't want to go anywhere. If he could accompany her, then she would have the chance to visit Jiangbei. 


"But I'm sleepy. I want to rest for a while," said Andrew. He still had to ask Stanley to deal with Felix's matter, thus he could not let Silvia find out for the time being. 


"Then I'll stay with you.“ She had finally made it to his side, so she didn't want to leave so quickly. 


Andrew cupped her face and pushed the hair on her forehead behind her ear. “You will make me feel bad. Go out with them. If you like something, just buy it. I'll settle the bills." 


"There are a lot of things that I like. Aren't you afraid that I would make you go broke?" 


Silvia was looking down on his financial capabilities! If she could truly spend all his money, she must be remarkable. He replied, "If I become broke, I'll just make more money." 


Silvia shook her head again and insisted, "But I still don't want to go." 


Andrew deliberately pulled a long face and asked, "Then, are you not afraid that I can't have a good rest if you're here?" 


"Well... " If he didn't rest well, it would affect his condition. Silvia thought for a while and answered, "Then I will ask Levi and the others to accompany me for a walk. Let's be clear, don't blame me for spending too much money!" 


Andrew smiled gently and said, "Only a woman who knows how to spend money would be able to make money. Show me your ability to spend, and I'll see if you have the ability to earn too!" 


"Huh! You said it! Don't regret it." If this man dared to say that to her, she would let him know how powerful her spending ability was. 


"l will never regret it." 


"Then, I'm leaving." 


"Sure." 


“Are you really going to let me go?" 


"Yes." 


"You don't want to do anything to me anymore?" 


”Well, come here." 


Silvia complied and approached him. But as soon as she got close, he hugged her head and kissed her fiercely. 


Later, Silvia went out to find Levi and the others with her swollen lips. She was so embarrassed that she couldn't hide from their ambiguous gazes. If she had known this would happen, she would not have provoked Andrew. 


As soon as Silvia had left, Andrew dialed Stanley's number immediately. 


When he received a call from Andrew, Stanley was so excited that he almost burst into tears. He said, "Sir, you're finally looking for me. I thought you had abandoned us and didn't want us anymore." 


Andrew said coldly, "You can't even handle a small matter! So, it's really useless for me to keep all of you." 


Stanley stammered in shock, "Sir, I...“ 


"Felix is still alive!" 


Stanley couldn't believe it. "Felix is still alive? Sir, I witnessed his burial. How could he possibly still be alive?" 







CHAPTER 1399 



Andrew uttered angrily, "You should dig out your useless eyeballs!" 


Stanley felt wronged and explained, "Sir, Felix was killed and then buried. I personally witnessed it! I wouldn't be able to fake this! You said that he's alive... Is it because someone saw him? Or did something else happen?" 


Andrew warned, "Are you doubting me?" 


Felix was seriously injured at the time. Those involved said that he had died before they dragged him to the wilderness and buried him. It would be impossible if he didn't die under those circumstances. Thus, Stanley asked, "Sir, could it be that you had seen a ghost?" 


Andrew was flabbergasted to hear such a ridiculous statement. "You should be glad that you're not next to me right now!" He threatened. 


Stanley fell quiet. 


It seemed that his boss even had the thought of killing him. 


Andrew continued saying, "Find out who Silvia has met with recently and what kind of places she has been. You must find out where Felix is now." 


Stanley did not dare to question his master anymore. "Yes." 


Andrew added, “Regarding Felix‘s matter, you need to incriminate Norman Turner. Do what is needed!" 


Stanley consented, "Yes." 


Andrew then asked, "Are there any clues about the two people who killed Dr. Thames?" 


Stanley replied, "Not yet." 


Andrew continued, "Focus on Felix for now. I’ll give you two days to find his whereabouts. If you fail, you can get lost! And not let me see you again.“ 


It was indeed exasperating to have such a dense subordinate. 


"Understood." 


It seemed that his boss was extremely disappointed with him. Stanley would have to quickly find Felix as soon as possible, or he would be fired. 


But was Felix really still alive? 


Stanley wondered if it could be an illusion caused by Andrew's illness! 


………


Silvia said that she wanted to go shopping. Janell Joy and the two young lads were delighted to accompany her. They took Silvia to the largest shopping mall in Jiangbei. They could buy anything they wanted there, and it also housed the best food in Jiangbei. 


One could say that there was a complete range of food, shopping, and entertainment. Even if they wanted to shop for days, they still would not be able to finish exploring the mall. Also, the mall was a popular place for famous patrons! 


Julien hated shopping very much. He had always felt that he was wasting his time here. He could have used that time to read at least two more books at home. But now, it was Silvia who asked him out, so he behaved well. However, he maintained his haughty manner throughout the day. 


Levi was very expressive, as usual. He was a Chatterbox from the moment they stepped out of the house until they arrived at the shopping mall a long-distance away. Janell Joy kindly handed Levi a bottle of water and said, "Levi, time to have some water." 


Levi pouted and said, "Janell Joy, you're getting tired of me again!“ 


Janell Joy rubbed his head and said, "If you know that I will get tired of you, it proves that you are talking too much. So, can you stop and let me talk to Silvia?" 


Levi kept quiet at this. Janell Joy complimented, "Good!" 


Silvia found it funny. "Are you laughing at me, Sister Silvia?" Levi asked. 


Silvia answered, "No. I just think that you guys are adorable." 


"Silvia, we've arrived. Do you have anything specific that you want to buy? If you do, I'll take you there first. Let's go shopping around after that." 


"Janell Joy, there isn‘t anything that I want to buy in particular. Let's go shopping.“ Although Silvia had said so, she couldn't move her feet as soon as she walked to the men's clothing area. 


Silvia was with Andrew for so long, but had never bought anything for him. Since she would be spending his money anyway, she might as well use it to buy some presents for him! 


"Sister Silvia, what gift do you want to buy for Andrew?“ Levi knew that Silvia was deep in thought as she stalled. He then told her, "Sister Silvia, everyone in our family wears bespoke clothes. Andrew doesn't wear off-the-shelf clothing, but if you buy it for him, he would wear it." 


"I didn't think of buying anything. I was just looking around casually." Silvia didn't know that Andrew wore bespoke clothes. She only knew that his clothes had a good texture, and she had never seen anyone wearing the same outfit as him. If it weren’t for Levi's reminder, she would have bought the outfit, and it wouldn’t be nice if Andrew wasn’t going to wear it. 


“I wanted to buy some clothes for Lucas. Let's go shop at this outlet." Janell Joy knew that Silvia wanted to buy clothes, but Silvia gave up because of Levi's words. Therefore, Janell Joy made up an excuse that she wanted to buy clothes for Lucas and dragged Silvia with her. 


Levi wanted to say that Lucas's clothes were custom-made too! But when Janell Joy glared at him, Levi obediently closed his mouth, while Julien sniggered at him. 


Janell Joy had never bought Lucas any clothes before. When she saw that one of the men's outfits looked good, she had the urge to buy everything in the store for Lucas. "Silvia, what do you think of this shirt?" 


Janell Joy had never bought men's clothes, so she asked Silvia for advice. Silvia looked at the light blue shirt, which looked very refreshing. At present, the weather in Jiangbei happened to be suitable for such clothing. "I think it's quite nice!" 


"Then, I‘ll buy this." Janell Joy lifted it and took a look. She said with a smile, "It's my first time buying clothes for Lucas. I'm sure he'll be pleased.“ 


"Janell Joy, is this your first time buying clothes for your husband?" Silvia was stunned as she asked, "Are all the clothes he used to wear custom-made as well?" 


Janell Joy nodded and said, "Yeah, I never had to worry about it. But I do want to think about him, and let him wear the clothes I buy. That way, he can think of me wherever he goes!" 


SiIvia was concerned and asked, "Would he like it?" 


Janell Joy chuckled, "It would be bold of him to not like the clothes I buy."


Silvia said enviously, "Your relationship with him is so good. I really admire you!" 


During breakfast that morning, Silvia had secretly paid attention to everyone present. Lucas didn't speak much, but he was so gentle and thoughtful of Janell Joy! Such a caring husband was to be envied! 


lf Andrew could be so gentle to her, Silvia would even laugh in her dreams! 


Janell Joy said, "Why do you admire me? My brother treats you well too. Yesterday he said that he didn't want to see you, yet he snuck into your room to see you. Plus, he seemed more energetic ever since you're here!" 


Silvia didn’t know what to say. 


Why did Janell Joy bring up what happened that night? Whenever it was mentioned, Silvia would feel extremely shameful. She was so worried that the Carter family would think that she was an indecent woman! 


Janell Joy asked, "Silvia, did you see anything that you like?" 


When it came to shopping, all women would want to buy everything if it were possible. Silvia took fancy to a set of casual wear, consisting of a cream coloured T-shirt and black pants. The material seemed comfortable when she touched them. Andrew would definitely look handsome wearing them, so Silvia said, "I do have my eye on this. But I’m concerned that Andrew wouldn't wear them if he didn't like them." 


Janell Joy replied, "If you like them, just buy them. I can guarantee that Andrew would fancy them." 


Silvia reasoned, “I seldom see him in this style of dressing.“ 


Janell Joy chuckled and said, "As long as you're the one who bought them, he'd definitely have them washed and put them on the next day." 


Hearing this, Silvia was skeptical. "He won't." 


"Then, let's make a bet." 







CHAPTER 1400 



"Good day, ladies. These two sets of clothes you’re looking just came to our store recently, and they are both limited edition. Each of them has only one set available." The salesgirl said enthusiastically. 


"Great, it’s limited edition. Lucas will be uniquely dressed up if he wears this." Janell Joy handed the shirt to the salesgirl and said, "I want this. Please pack it up." 


The salesgirl was delighted to meet such an easygoing customer. Her smile brightened as she said, "Okay. Have a look at the other styles. The clothes on that side are all new arrivals." 


"Alright, we'll take a look." Janell Joy turned to look at Silvia and ushered, "Silvia, look for another two sets of clothes. If you like, we will buy them. Anyway, my brother said that he will be paying for it, so you don't need to be thrifty." 


"You two must be sisters," the salesgirl chimed in as she glanced at both Janell Joy and Silvia. They resembled each other and were shopping together. Hence, the salesgirl assumed they were sisters. 


Hearing this, Silvia's hands stiffened slightly. She didn't know what to respond, but luckily Janell Joy was there to help her out. "Yes, we are sisters. You see, we both look so beautiful. You'd know when you look at us.“ 


Janell Joy dismissed the salesgirl with a half truthful sentence. The salesgirl did not ask further, so Janell Joy recommended all kinds of outfits to Silvia excitedly. 


Under Janell Joy’s encouragement, Silvia bought a set of clothes for Andrew and also, a tie and a pair of shoes. In fact, there were still many clothes that she wanted to buy, but she was worried that Andrew would not like them so she restrained herself. 


On the way home, Silvia's heart was filled with apprehension. She was afraid that Andrew would put up a fuss in front of everyone. Fortunately, Janell Joy comforted her, "Silvia, you really don't have to worry. I'd already said that Andrew would definitely like clothes." 


"But... what if he doesn't?" Silvia held the shopping bag in her arms and thought gloomily, "You may not know that your brother is very bad-tempered and always bullies me. He is not as gentle as Lucas." 


Speaking of Lucas, Janell Joy couldn't help smiling whenever he was mentioned. "I met Lucas when l was four years old. However, not long after, he disappeared. Later, I found him  after searching for a long time." 


"What happened?" asked Silvia. Although Janell Joy made it sound simple, Silvia knew that the process must have been challenging. Fortunately, Janell Joy was persistent and found Lucas in the end, and it concluded in their lovely marriage. 


"It's a long story, but it's all in the past. Now, Lucas belongs to me alone, and no one can take him away from me.“ Janell Joy did not want to mention the sorrowful memories from the past anymore. Every time she thought about it, she was still worried that Lucas would disappear one day when she woke up. 


"Well, we should hold on to the present rather than regretting when we lose it." Silvia heard of the hurdles Janell Joy had been through. So, Silvia was more ascertained that she must focus on the present, and her life with Andrew. She must not have any regrets. 


"Silvia, it's good you can think this way." Janell Joy laughed, “My parents are very loving. I learned a lot from them. There would be some minor conflicts between husband and wife. However, as long as you understand each other's feelings, any obstacle would pass!" 


“The relationship between your parents is indeed enviable. Their children are grown-ups now, but they are still so loving!" When it came to Edwin and Jane, Silvia couldn't help but think of her own parents. 


Silvia's parents also loved each other, but sadly, her father, Kurtson, was not that fortunate. Silvia's mother was then hospitalized for depression over Kurtson's death. But now, Silvia's mother had gradually accepted her husband's departure. Everything was alright, and it would be better in the future. 


"In fact, my father has always blamed himself for not protecting my mother well that year. My mother was captured and had me removed from her womb prematurely. She was then kept away from him for three years." Janell Joy only found out about all of this later in life. Hence, when she thought of her mother's hardships, she decided to be more caring for her mother. 


"You were removed prematurely?" Silvia had only seen such a scene from TV shows, and she never expected it to have occurred to the people around her. She couldn't help but ask, "Janell Joy, is that true?" 


Janell Joy chuckled and answered, "Silvia, don't be frightened. All these things have passed, and now no one can hurt any of my parents' loved ones." 


Silvia was shocked to hear this indeed. She thought that what she had encountered was already terrifying. However, there were still many unexpected and unimaginable matter in the world. 


Janell Joy continued, "By the way, Silvia, how did you get to know my brother?" 


Silvia remained silent at this question. 


How did she and Andrew get to know each other? Could Silvia say that it was because she and Janell Joy resembled each other that Andrew took a fancy to her? 


Seeing that Silvia's expression had changed, Janell Joy knew that she might have asked a sensitive question. She hurriedly changed the topic, “Silvia, let's hang out somewhere else in Jiangbei later." 


Silvia nodded. "Okay." 


Just then, Levi pursed his lips in dissatisfaction. "You two only know how to talk between yourself. You're treating us as if we’re transparent. Don't you have a conscience?" 


Janell Joy replied, "Conscience? Levi, why do you talk about your conscience with me? Don’t you know that I am a person without conscience?" 


"Yeah." Levi replied curtly, "I can see that." 


Listening to them bickering, Silvia pursed her lips and chuckled. Unknowingly, they'd already arrived home. 


All the elders had all gone out to work. Angela had also returned to her own home. There wasn't anyone else at home, but Andrew was already standing on the balcony, waiting anxiously. 


He had sent Silvia away so that he could handle his matters. He didn't expect that this woman would be out for nearly a whole day, and probably forgotten that he was waiting at home! 


If he had known, he would have locked her up and not let her leave at all! 


After his repeated glances, he finally saw their car coming back. Andrew hurried back to his room and pretended to be sleeping in bed, recovering from his illness. 


Not long after, someone knocked on his door. Andrew heard it, but he closed his eyes and pretended he did not hear it. He did not answer the door, but the person who knocked on the door came in. The person who spoke was Levi. “Sister Silvia, Andrew seems to be sleeping." 


Silvia grabbed Levi and said, “He's still sleeping, let's not wake him up." 


Hearing that Silvia, that dumb woman, wanted to leave, Andrew's heart was burning with anger. He cried out in pain, "Oh..." 


Hearing his voice, Silvia rushed over in a hurry, "Andrew, what's wrong? Where does it hurt?" 


Andrew was somewhat proud of himself that his trick worked. He rubbed his forehead and said, "Maybe I slept too much, I feel quite dazed, and l have a bad headache." 


Silvia was deceived, but Levi was intelligent to see through Andrew's act. He giggled by the side, but Andrew shot him an evil glare, so Levi hurriedly scurried away. 



No comments:

Post a Comment