Monday, January 11, 2021

LM CHAPTERS 1316 - 1320

LM 

CHAPTERS 1316 - 1320







CHAPTER 1316 



Silvia pouted and pretended to be dissatisfied. "Dad, if you continue to show off in front of me, I will ignore you." 


Kurtson was amused by Silvia's cute expression that he laughed and said, "But you're not single, are you?" 


"Who says I'm not?" At that time, Silvia had not officially dated Felix yet. 


Looking at Silvia's blushing face, Kurtson teased her, "I'm guessing that Felix will ask you out to ski in a while. Are you sure you're still single?" 


"What does Felix asking me out to ski have anything to do with me not being single?" Silvia clearly understood her father's meaning, but because she was shy, she pretended not to know. More importantly, Felix had not confessed his love to her. She was not sure if he was just treating her as a sister. 


Kurtson smiled and said, "Don't you like Felix?" 


"Of course I like him!" Silvia answered right away. 


"So, what's your concern now?" 


"But ..." 


"But what?" 


“I'm not sure if Felix feels the same." Silvia could see that Felix doted on her and cared for her, but still, she was worried that her feelings were not mutual. 


"Silly girl, if Felix doesn't like you, why is he so nice to you? Sometimes I even feel that he treats you better than I do." As a father, Kurtson was reluctant to give her daughter away to another man. Kurtson regarded Felix as his future son-in-law because he could see how much Felix cared for Silvia. 


It was Kurtson's biggest wish that Silvia could find a man who loved her more than he did. 


"Dad, do you really think so?" 


"If you don't believe me, you can ask him later." 


"He didn't say he is coming today," said Silvia. 


"Ding, ding, ding." 


As they were talking, Silvia's phone rang. Seeing that it was Felix calling, Silvia's face turned red instantly. "Dad, it's Felix." 


"See, I've told you so." 


"He's just calling. It doesn't mean he's asking me to go skiing together." 


In truth, Silvia knew right away that Felix was calling to ask her out for skiing at the east side. It was how they spent the first day of snow every year without fail. It was as if this had become a tacit agreement between the two of them. 


Kurtson said, "Answer the call and ask him then." 


Silvia quickly answered the phone. "Felix..." 


"Silvia, it was snowing last night. Did you catch a cold?" said Felix with a voice as warm as sunshine. 


Beaming, Silvia replied, “The heater was on, so it wasn't cold.“ 


"If it's not cold, why haven't you gotten out of bed at this time?" 


Silvia asked in surprise, "How do you know?“ 


Felix chuckled, "It’s what you do every year, isn't it? During the first snow, you'd definitely find all kinds of excuses to stay in bed and skip schooL" 


"Haven‘t you heard that a warm bed goes well with a snowy day?" Silvia pouted and said. 


"Ha! Okay, whatever you say is true, but you really have to get up now. I'll pick you up later and we'll go skiing." 


Silvia nodded, “Okay! I'll get up right away. See you later, Felix." 


After ending the call, Silvia looked up and met her father's jealous eyes. Shaking his head, he let out a sigh. “I tried so hard to get you out of the bed, but all it took for Felix was just a phone call. It seems that my daughter is going to be taken away by another man soon. It‘s so upsetting." 


"Dad, I will always be your daughter. Nobody can take me away from you," Silvia assured him with a smile. 


Rubbing her head, Kurtson said, "Get up quickly. I'll heat up the eggnog for you. Remember to have it before going out later. You can't starve yourself." 


Silvia gave a salute to Kurtson, "Yes, Sir!" 


"Silvia..." 


Mrs. Turner's voice pulled Silvia back from her memories to reality. Silvia turned her head and saw her mother standing at the door, staring at her while wiping away the tears in her eyes. 


"Yes, Mom?" 


“It's time for breakfast." Perhaps, Mrs. Turner was also reminiscing about the past. There was a sheen of moisture near her eyes. "I‘ve made some eggnog. It's your father's and your favorite." 


Silvia smiled at her mother, "Okay, I'm coming.” 


It was always Mrs. Turner's custom to make eggnog during the year-end holidays. In the past, Kurtson would make sure to finish all of it as he didn't want to waste his wife's effort. 


Kurtson and Silvia had always thought that Mrs. Turner liked making eggnog. Hence, they pretended to enjoy it. Only now did Silvia realize that Mrs. Turner made it because she thought that her husband and daughter liked it. That was why she always got up early to make them eggnog during the first snow. 


This was a misunderstanding, albeit a beautiful and warm one. Silvia decided to keep this beautiful misunderstanding to herself. 


However, it hurt Silvia to think that she would never have the chance to enjoy a meal with her father anymore. Also, her father would no longer be here to tease her about Felix. 


As for Felix... 


He was still alive, but she couldn‘t see him. She was desperate to know how he was doing and how well he had recovered from his injuries. 


She wanted to help him, but there was nothing she could do. 


She was not hopeful that she could go skiing or have a snowball fight with Felix again. Also, Felix would not be able to bring her to fish in the river anymore. 


"Felix, are you alright? Have you recovered from your injury? You must be living a miserable life now," Silvia couldn't help wondering. 


Although each and every household in Madison City had a heating system, it was uncomfortable to stay indoors all the time. The cold weather would have a huge impact on Felix's recovery process... 


Silvia took a deep breath and tried to push her thoughts away. What she was going to do now was to spend quality time with her mother. 


What had happened was already in the past. Now, she should cherish every moment and every person in her life. She decided to live each day as if it was her last and make the most out of it. 







CHAPTER 1317 



Suddenly, the image of Andrew crossed Silvia's mind. Whenever the weather changed, Andrew's old injuries would flare up. 


Silvia picked her phone up and dialed Andrew's number. It was only after she dialed his number that she recalled that he was far away in Hatford City for a business trip. 


Hatford City was located in the south, and its climate was completely different from that of Madison City. Even if it was currently snowing heavily in Madison City, Hatford City would at most be affected by the cold current and had a drop in temperature. Silvia figured that Andrew should be fine. 


While Silvia was lost in her thoughts, Andrew had already answered the phone. "Did the sun rise from the west today? Why is Mrs. Carter up so early?" 


In Silvia's memory, Andrew had never addressed her as Mrs. Carter. Therefore, when she heard this, she could feel her cheeks burning. “Well, I always get up late because of you." 


Andrew chuckled, "Because of me? Why?" 


"You know why." Silvia didn't want to talk about this topic with him anymore. If she continued, he wouldn't stop teasing her. "It's snowing in Madison City. Have you heard?" 


"Yes, I saw the news this morning." In fact, when he left the night before, the snow was falling heavily. It was the heaviest snow he had seen in the three years he had been in Madison City. 


The snow came out of nowhere, as if it was warning something. However, Andrew felt that it was ridiculous. He was never a superstitious person. 


Silvia asked again, "How is the weather in Hatford City?" 


Andrew wouldn't know the answer as he was actually in Madison City. He quickly turned on the weather app on his phone and checked on the weather in Hatford City. "There are some cold currents, but the weather is fine. It's neither too cold nor warm." 


"That‘s good." Silva was relieved to hear that. 


"Are you calling me this early just to ask about the weather?" 


"What else could it be?" replied Silvia. 


"You ungrateful woman." 


"Actually, I‘m calling to make sure you're keeping yourself warm since the weather has changed. I'm not there with you. No one would take care of you if you catch a fever.“ 


"You are very important to me then.“ 


"Am I not?" 


"You're indeed very important to me. When you're not with me, I feel like l can't eat and sleep well." 


"Young Master Carter, since when have you become such a sweet talker?" 


"I learned to do it because of you." 


"Oh really? Are you sure you're not learning it so that you can say it to other women?" Deep down, Silvia was happy to hear Andrew's pleasant words, but being the stubborn girl she was, she wouldn't admit it. "Let me warn you, Andrew. If you dare to mess around behind my back, you'll regret it!" 


“Well, I can't wait to see what you‘re going to do with me." Andrew liked this arrogant and savage side of Silvia. He felt that it was her true nature and it was adorable. 


"Humph..." 


"Silvia, you..." 


"What's wrong with me?" 


"Nothing. Remember to have your meals on time and layer up to keep warm." 


"I‘m such a good eater, and you're worried that I don't eat enough?" asked Silvia. 


"Well, I guess I don't need to worry about that." 


"Silvia..." When Mrs. Turner realized that Silvia had not come out for breakfast, she came to her room. 


"I have to go. Mom is calling me for breakfast. Let's talk when you're free tonight." Silvia hung up the phone and turned to look at her mother who was waiting at the door. "Mom, I'm sorry to keep you waiting." 


"Were you on the phone with Andrew?" asked Mrs. Turner. 


Silvia nodded, "Yes." 


"Silvia, Andrew came to see you last night." 


"Did he?" Silvia asked with her eyes widened in surprise. "How could I not know?" 


"It was very late. He didn‘t stay for long before he left." 


"Mom, is that true? Why didn't he wake me up?" 


"It's late at night. How could he bear to wake you up?" 


“Then why did he come back?" 


"Why did he come back?" Mrs. Turner felt sorry for her daughter. "Silly girl, of course it's because he missed you." 


Silvia pouted and said, "He missed me but didn't wake me up. What nonsense is that? I really don't understand what he was thinking." 


Mrs. Turner said softly, "Couples who are in love never need logical reasons to do things. Sometimes they may do childish things." 


"How did he fly back to Hatford City when it was snowing so heavily last night?" 


"You'd better ask him." 


"Have your breakfast first, Mom. I need to call him and ask where he is." Silvia dialed Andrew's phone number again. It was answered after a short while. “Andrew, where are you?" 


Andrew answered, “Honey, I'm in a meeting." Silvia checked the time. If he was in Hatford City, he was indeed supposed to be in a meeting with Orion Corp at this time. 


"Okay, I will call you later then.” She figured that if Andrew was in the meeting, it proved that he had reached Hatford City safely. With that, she hung up the phone. 


"Cough..." On the other side of the phone, Andrew began to cough violently. The coughing was so bad that he felt like his internal organs were going to explode. 


When Silvia called him just now, he had tried to suppress his cough using his strong selfcontrol. However, because he had been holding it in for too long, his coughing had become unstoppable now. 


Stanley rushed into his room with the doctor and said, "Sir, the doctor is here. Let him have a look." 


Andrew nodded, "Okay...“ 


Dr. Thames used to be in charge of Andrew's illness. Now that Dr. Thames had left, the new doctor did not have a clear understanding of Andrew's condition. It took him some time just to check on Andrew's physical functions. 


It was already half an hour later when the doctor was done putting Andrew on a drip. Andrew was groggy from having fever. “All of you, get out," he said weakly. 


The doctor packed up the medicine box and said, "Sir, I have to check on your body temperature regularly. " 


“Get out,“ Andrew uttered again. 


He didn‘t want anyone to see him in a frail state. 


The doctor glanced at Stanley and asked him for help. Thinking that Andrew would listen to him, Stanley began to speak, "Sir, your fever hasn't subsided. There should be someone staying with you." 


"Get out," Andrew responded coldly. 


Stanley said nervously "Sir... I... If you don't prefer a man to take care of you, why don‘t I give a call to Mrs. Carter and ask her to come over?" 


Andrew's high fever made him drowsy and he had no strength to speak. However, when he heard Stanley say that he was going to call Silvia, he suddenly opened his eyes wide and said angrily, "Stanley, since when are you allowed to make decisions for me?" 


"I, I dare not..." Stanley stammered. 


Even if he was unwilling, Stanley still retreated obediently. He guarded outside Andrew's room, not moving an inch away from the door. 







CHAPTER 1318 



Mrs. Turner was the one who prepared Silvia's breakfast. It was pancakes, which tasted rather sweet. After just a few mouthfuls, Silvia was cloyed with the sweetness. However, she pretended to enjoy it and finished the entire plate. Then, she told Mrs. Turner, "Mom, I'm not going to school later. I‘ll stay home to keep you company today." 


The winter break was just around the corner. Silvia had attended most of the classes that she had to, so it was fine to be absent for a day. Besides, she used to skip classes, and no one would ever care if she was present. 


"It's snowing heavily outside. I will be worried if you were to go out. It would be better if you stay at home." Mrs. Turner was happy to have Silvia at home with her. She prepared some of Silvia's favorite snacks and said, "Silvia, why don't you invite Audrey, Prince and Lemur over to the house? It will liven up the house with them around." 


"Sure, that would be fun." Silvia hadn't seen Audrey for a few days now, so she did not know how Audrey was doing recently. Silvia thought that she could invite her over and catch up with her a little. 


Silvia called Audrey first. "Audrey, are you at work?" 


Audrey rolled her eyes and answered, "Are you checking up on me, Director Turner? I really have to tell you this. The government had declared that all employee were to go on a leave due to the heavy blizzard. Don't think that I'm just loafing about and not going to work, okay?" 


Silvia said, "That's right, I'm calling check up on you. Since you're not at work, I think I'll have to deduct your upcoming bonus then. And oh, I should deduct your salary too..." 


Audrey interrupted Silvia. "If you dare say another word about deducting my salary, believe it or not, I'll quit now." 


Silvia smiled and said, "Please don't, Audrey. Wateria Corporation can't go on without you. Many people will be out of a job too if you were to leave the company." 


"Silvia, you're trying to piss me off, aren't you?" said Audrey. 


After messing around with Audrey, Silvia said in a solemn tone, "It's snowing heavily today. Since you have nothing to do at home, why don't you come to my house and we can have cheese fondue together? Having cheese fondue on a snowy day is the best feeling ever." 


Audrey touched her belly and said, "I'm on a diet." 


Silvia said, "So you‘re really not coming?" 


Audrey said, "Can't you just persuade me for a little longer?" 


Silvia said, "Oh my pretty Audrey, I beg you, we can't eat without you." 


Audrey said, "Oh my beloved friend, I'll be right there, okay? Wait for me, I'll show up before you in half an hour.“ 


Silvia said, "Okay, I'm going to the supermarket just down the street to get the ingredients. Call me when you're nearby and we can go home together." 


Audrey nodded in agreement. 


Next, Silvia called Prince and Lemur on the phone. Silvia called Prince but it was Lemur who answered the phone. "What's the matter, Boss?" 


Silvia said, "Lemur, I'm having cheese fondue at my place. Come with Prince." 


Coincidentally, Prince and Lemur had just received the news that all the classes that day were cancelled. They were about to give Silvia a call too. 


Lemur stammered, "Boss, we can't go." 


Silvia grew up with Prince and Lemur. When she heard Lemur speaking hesitantly, she immediately knew that something was going on. "What are you guys hiding from me?" 


Lemur replied, "Nothing." 


Silvia raised her eyebrows. “Nothing?" 


Lemur hesitated for a few moments and finally said, "Boss, Prince got a phone call this morning. We're invited to go skiing in the east and ice fishing at the river..." 


Ice skating in the east and ice fishing at the river... These were the activities that they would do every year after the first snow. 


Silvia was so excited that her fingers were slightly trembling. "Is it... Is it..." 


Lemur added, "Boss, we're not sure if it was really Felix who called us... Should we go then?" 


Silvia gritted her teeth and said, "Of course we should. I'll go with you guys." 


It had always been inconvenient for Felix to meet Silvia. He was afraid that those who were hiding in the dark would hurt her, so he could only think of this way to meet them. This was the only way that his enemies would be less likely to discover them. 


Lemur said, "Prince and I will wait for you at the guardhouse then.“ 


"Okay." Silvia tidied herself up and put on her snow boots and down jacket. 


"Mom, I need to go out for a bit.." 


Mrs. Turner poked her head out of the kitchen and shouted. "Silvia, did you manage to contact Audrey and the rest? I need to know how much food I should prepare." 


"Mom, Audrey will probably be here soon. Just let her in and I'll be back with the ingredients later." Silvia hurriedly left the house to meet up with Prince and Lemur. However, just as she had arrived at the guardhouse, Silvia happened to bump into Audrey. 


When Audrey saw that Silvia was in an anxious state, she immediately grabbed Silvia and asked, "Where are you going?" 


“I..." Silvia was in a hurry, so she wanted to brush Audrey's hand off but Audrey was holding her hand too tightly. “Audrey, you can go to my house first. I'll be back in a bit.“ 


"I said, where are you going?" Audrey was sure that something had happened to Silvia. Silvia could never hide things from anyone. Audrey could easily tell that something had happened just by studying the look on her face. 


"I need to go out." Silvia became even more anxious. "Let go of me first." 


Audrey said again, "Didn't you check the weather forecast? Don't you know that there will be a blizzard later?" 


"I'll be back real soon, okay?" Regardless of the weather, Silvia had already made up her mind that she would go. What if it was really Felix who had given Lemur the phone call? She would not be able to feel at ease for the rest of her life if she happened to miss the chance to meet him. 


"Where are you going?" Audrey refused to let go of Silvia. "If you really must go, I'll go with you." 


"You don't have to come with me." It would be worse to get more people involved in this matter. Not to mention Audrey, who did not know Felix at all. Silvia must not let Audrey get into this mess and expose her to danger. 


At this time, Prince and Lemur, who lived nearby, had also arrived. When Audrey saw them, she thought that her savior had come. 


However, the two of them spoke for Silvia. "Audrey, could you please keep Mrs. Turner company first? We will be back very soon.” 


Audrey said with concern, "Tell me, Prince. Where exactly are you guys heading to?" 


"Audrey, we really can't tell you." Prince was willing to tell Audrey about anything else, but this matter was related to Felix's life and death, so he could not speak carelessly. 


"Are you sure that you have to go?" asked Audrey. 


Silvia nodded. "Yes." 


"I'll go with you guys then," said Audrey. "Else, no one is allowed to leave." 


Audrey was a stubborn person. Silvia was in a hurry and she did not want to waste any more time arguing with Audrey, so she nodded and let Audrey come along with them. 







CHAPTER 1319 



Thinking of the possibility of seeing Felix, Silvia's heart was burning with anxiety so much so that she had forgotten that a blizzard was coming up. Most people had chosen to stay at home, and even the taxis and buses were out of service. 


Since she couldn't get a taxi, she could only walk. However, the ski resort was at least a few dozen kilometers away from where she lived. Even if she was willing to walk, she wouldn't even reach there the next day. 


Just when they were at their wits' end, Prince received a text message. "Since the weather forecast stated that there would be another blizzard coming up tonight, for safety reasons, let's meet another day." 


Prince handed the phone to Silvia, "Boss, look at this." 


When Silvia saw the message, she was almost sure that the person who wanted to meet up with them was Felix. 


Only Felix would be concerned about her safety and be so considerate to her. No one else would do that. No one else would ask them to meet up at the ski resort and by the river where they used to go to. 


Audrey asked worriedly, "Silvia, is everything okay?" 


"Yeah.” Silvia shook her head and smiled at Audrey "Audrey, Prince, Lemur, let's go to the supermarket to get the ingredients." 


Silvia took the lead and went to the supermarket, while Audrey and the others followed closely after her. 


............... 


It was starting to snow heavily again. 


The snowfall was so heavy that it looked like goose feathers floating in the sky. 


Felix stood on the balcony and stretched out his hand. The snowflakes fell on his palm and quickly melted into water. 


Alina Bell stood behind him and put a thick coat over his shoulders. "I've sent the message to Prince as you wished. They are heading back home now." 


Felix did not respond, as if he did not hear Alina's voice. 


However, Alina was not discouraged. She laughed awkwardly and said, “It's snowing heavily and it's getting quite cold now. You're not fully recovered yet. Why don't you go into the house instead of standing here in the cold wind?" 


Felix was still silent. He quietly watched the snowflakes landing on his palm and melting into water. Although he had been watching it for more than half an hour, he was still looking at it quietly as if he was not tired of it yet. 


Alina knew that she was nobody to Felix. She could have turned around and left, but she was unwilling to do so. She wanted to stay by his side. Even if he had turned a blind eye to her, she would not have any regrets. 


In the past, she had heard that one should not easily fall in love with another person. It might take only a minute to fall in love with someone, but it would take a lifetime to forget them... perhaps, beyond a lifetime. 


This was the case for both her and Felix. 


However, the person she liked was Felix, and the person Felix liked was Silvia, who had already fallen in love with another man. 


Silvia Turner! 


Every time Alina thought of this name, she would feel like someone was stabbing her heart with a knife and the pain felt immensely real. 


"Whenever it first snowed, I will pick her up from her house and I will either bring her to the ski resort in the east or to the river to do ice fishing." 


Felix finally spoke, but it was not to respond to Alina's words. Instead, he was just talking to himself. He was talking about his past with Silvia. 


Upon hearing this, Alina felt bitter in her heart. This was how life really was. Felix could never realize who was the one who cared for him. He would only put all his attention on Silvia, who had already forgotten about him. 


Felix continued, "You don't know how beautiful the frozen river was, and it's very easy to catch a fish. All you have to do is to punch a hole on the ice and cast your nets. In just a few minutes, it will be filled with fishes. Those fishes are unpolluted and they are even tastier than those we can buy in supermarkets." 


"I've never eaten fishes that were caught in the stream. I really want to taste them if I get the chance." If Felix was willing to take her to the river to catch fishes, even if it meant that she would have to risk her life, she would never back down. Sadly, Felix would never do that. 


"In the previous years, we would take all the fish that we've caught home. It would either be my place or hers, and our families would gather together to have dinner. Those days were simple, but they were the most unforgettable days of my entire life." At that time, he thought that both the Xaviers and the Turners would continue to live simple yet peaceful lives. However, no one had ever expected that Silvia's father would get into a tragic accident, nor did they expect mishap would happen to the Xaviers shortly after. 


Upon hearing Felix's words, Alina could tell how much pain he was experiencing. "Felix, you must hate him to death, don't you? And you just can't wait to tear the man, who ruined your life, apart, right?" 


"Tear him apart?" Felix sneered. "Not only do I want to tear him apart, I can't wait to rip off his skin, cut off his tendons, drain his blood, and then chop him into pieces and feed him to the dogs. But even so, I can never get rid of the hatred in my heart because everything that had happened was already in the past. I can never turn back time and rectify them." 


Alina tried to convince Felix, "You can't go back in time, but you can still avenge yourself. I believe that you can get rid of him and bring justice to yourself." 


Felix suddenly turned his head and looked at Alina. “Alina, I guess the person you hate the most is Mr. Donald, isn't it?" 


Mr. Donald? 


If it weren't because Felix had mentioned that name, Alina would have almost forgotten Mr. Donald, that wretched and incompetent fellow. 


"Yeah, I guess I do hate him." Mr. Donald had defiled her. She should hate Mr. Donald, but the person she hated the most was Silvia. 


She wished that she could also peel off Silvia's skin, pull out her tendons, and drain her blood. She wanted to torture Silvia so much that that b‘tch would beg for death. 


"The person you hate the most is not Mr. Donald?" Judging from the look in Alina's eyes, Felix could already tell what she was thinking. He warned, "Alina, I must remind you that if you dare to hurt Silvia, I will never show mercy to you regardless of the help that you've given me." 


"I want to hurt her, but do you think that I'll have the ability to do it?“ Alina admitted readily. "First of all, I can't even deal with her, let alone Andrew." 


Andrew Carter! 


The moment Felix heard that name, he clenched his fists and a hint of bloodlust flashed through his eyes. No matter how powerful Andrew was, he would make him disappear forever. 


At the same time, Dr. Thames, who went out to get the latest news, had returned. She said, "It was exactly how I expected. Andrew has fallen ill and Stanley Pierson is taking care of him now. No one is by Silvia at the moment, so this is the best time for us to execute our plan." 


Alina said, "But the snow is going to get even heavier later, we can't go out at all. How are we going to execute our plan?" 


"Who said that we're going out?" Dr. Thames turned around and walked into her room. She took off her coat and hung it on the coat-tree. "You've already affected Silvia's mind with the things you said to her. She had already believed that Felix is still alive, and her grievance towards Andrew had started to grow in her heart. 







CHAPTER 1320 



"Grievance started to grow in Silvia's heart?" Silvia was a stubborn girl, and would never listen to anything others had said to her. Alina really could not believe that her words had actually affected Silvia's thoughts. 


"Even after what you‘ve told her, she did not tell Andrew that Felix was still alive. This simply proved that she was still wary of Andrew." Dr. Thames said excitedly, "I believe that if you were to give her a call now, she will listen and do whatever you ask her to." 


"Silvia is a cunning person. If she didn't see Felix with her own eyes, it would be impossible to get her to listen to our orders." Alina was worried. 


"Let her meet Felix then. Today is the best time for her to meet Felix. I don't know when we'd ever get such an opportunity again." Dr. Thames looked at Felix. "Felix, you've always wanted to see her, didn't you? Your opportunity has come. It's all up to you now." 


"We should really take advantage of the heavy snow. If we just stay idle, we are really letting the time and effort that we've put into our plan to go in vain." Felix returned to the house and took off the coat that Alina had put on him. "But, I want to start with Andrew." 


"What do you mean?" Dr. Thames asked. 


“What do I mean? Do you really not know what I mean?" Felix looked at Dr. Thames with his sharp eyes. "Don't think that I don't know what you've done." 


"I've already told you everything I've done, and I'm not hiding anything from you." Dr. Thames could roughly guess what Felix wanted to say, but she was not exactly sure about it. Before she had received a definite answer, she would never admit to it. 


"You've been attending to Andrew for so many years and yet his health hasn't improved at all. Is it really because of his refusal to cooperate with your treatment though?" Felix let out a cold laugh. "I guess he had never expected that he had actually allowed such an ungrateful wolf to stay by his side for such a long time, had he?" 


"Huh... how did you find out about it?" Since Felix knew everything that she had done, Dr. Thames did not want to hide anymore. They were allies anyway. It was impossible that Felix would leak the news to Andrew. 


"This is what I stumbled upon the other day." 


Felix took out a palm-sized notebook from his pocket and handed it to Dr. Thames. "You recorded every single wicked thing that you've done. Are you not afraid that Andrew would discover it?" 


"I wrote it all down so that he could see it. As long as he is willing to step into my house, he can discover it easily. However, he just won't do that. He has never even thought about stepping into my house." Dr. Thames shook her head and sighed. "I gave him a chance but he didn't cherish it. No matter what happens in the future, he can't blame me for being cruel to him." 


"So you know what you should do now, don't you?" Felix was not interested in Dr. Thames' intentions. His only purpose was to get rid of Andrew and get Silvia back. 


Dr. Thames said, "I just went to check on him. His fever is not going to come down any time soon and he might still be unconscious even after we've already finished our work." 


”How could you be so confident that he will?" Felix had witnessed how Andrew did things. He knew that Andrew was not someone to be trifled with, so he dared not lower his guard. 


"I've been working for him for three years now. If I don't at least have some confidence in what I do, how am I going to survive in this society?" Dr. Thames had always been a confident woman. 


Although she had suffered a setback with Andrew, she was still very confident of her own charm and ability. She believed that she could dominate everything that she wanted. 


"So..." Felix said. 


Dr. Thames laughed complacently and interrupted Felix, "So you can go meet your sweetheart now... provided that she's willing to come see you with the snowstorm going on." 


After listening to Dr. Thames' words and hesitating for a moment, Felix replied, "Wait until she's done eating with her friends. Inform her after the storm stops..." 


As long as Felix agreed to it, things would be easy. Dr. Thames said to Alina, "Alina, I'll let you decide when to inform Silvia. I'm going out now." 


At times like this, Dr. Thames thought that it would be good to go to Andrew and make a good impression on Andrew. 


It was her wishful thinking. Although Andrew had already dismissed her, he might actually feel touched and even let her return to his side when he woke up and saw that she was the one taking care of him. 


...............


It was absolutely pleasurable to have cheese fondue on snowy days, especially when there was a group of family and friends gathering together. Everyone was talking and laughing. This feeling was simply too good. 


Mrs. Turner was busy greeting the guests. "I've already regarded all of you as my children, so you guys should make yourself at home. You can eat as much as you want. Don't be shy with us." 


Audrey took a piece of roasted potato and said, "Auntie, I'm already eating more than you. I'm not shy at all." 


Prince nodded in agreement, "Yes, Auntie. Just look at the amount of food on my plate. I'm eating more than all of you." 


Mrs. Turner laughed joyfully and said, "Yes, that's good. With you guys here, I could already feel that my appetite is getting much better." 


Lemur coated some meatballs for Mrs. Turner and said, "Auntie, you should eat more too. Don‘t just watch us eat." 


Mrs. Turner nodded. "Lemur, you should eat more too. Don't just take care of us." 


The house had become livelier with guests around. Mrs. Turner was overjoyed, and Silvia was happy too. "I think my mom really wished that all of you can just move into our house." 


"That's a good idea," said Audrey. "If we move in here, we will be able to enjoy Auntie's cooking every day.“ 


Mrs. Turner smiled and said, "You guys are welcomed to visit anytime." 


"Mom, I will ask them to come over for dinner more often." Silvia got up. "But now, I have to go make a phone call first." 


No matter how lively the atmosphere was, Silvia did not forget to give Andrew a phone call. Andrew was busy with work in the morning, so Silvia thought that he would have a break during noon time. Hence, she had to make the best use of her time to call him. 


"Just look at her. She really can't stand to be away from her husband. She just won't stop calling him whenever he's not with her." Mrs. Turner said. In fact, she was genuinely happy when she saw that Silvia and Andrew were getting along so well. 


"Mom, I can still hear you from here, okay? Don't badmouth me." Silvia turned around and said. Then, she entered her room and dialed Andrew's number. However, no one answered the call. Was Andrew still in the meeting? 


Although Silvia was the boss of Wateria Corporation, she knew very little about business negotiations. She did not know how long an average meeting would take. 


Silvia waited for a while before calling again. Once again, no one answered... No way, if Andrew was still in a meeting, he would have still answered the call and let her know that he was in a meeting. 


But he didn't. 


Silvia was worried, so she continued to call until someone had finally answered the phone. "Andrew..." 


"Mrs. Carter, it's me." It was Stanley's voice which sounded through the phone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment