Tuesday, January 26, 2021

LM CHAPTER 1376 - 1380

LM 

CHAPTER 1376 - 1380







CHAPTER 1376 



After receiving Alina's call, Silvia did not stop and raced towards Felix's residence without any time. 


When she arrived, Felix was busy packing his luggage. He was telling Alina, "Go pack up too. We'll leave this place as soon as possible. I don‘t want to cause any trouble for Silvia." 


How could he still be worried about causing her trouble at this moment? Was this man stupid?" Without second thoughts, Silvia rushed over and grabbed the clothes from Felix's hand. "Felix, what the hell are you doing?“ 


"Silvia, why are you here?“ Felix looked shocked as if he didn't know that Silvia was coming. 


Alina said, "Felix, I called her and asked her to come over. I left the door open, so she could come in without knocking. Now that she's here, you two can talk. I’m going to prepare lunch." 


Alina was reluctant to leave them alone, but she did not dare to disobey Felix's orders. 


Silvia looked at Felix and said, "Felix, I am asking you what are you doing? If you don't live here now, where can you go?" 


"The landlord wants to claim the house back. I have to move out." Felix felt gratified knowing that Silvia rushed over. 


Silvia said, "Felix, I know this is not the reason. I know that you want to hide from me for my good, but I want to tell you that there is no need for that. It won‘t affect me if you live here. I will feel uncomfortable if you move because of me." 


"Silvia..." 


Silvia said again, “Felix, I know you have always thought that I'm like an immature child, but I have really grown up now. Please listen to me once, okay? Stay here and restart your life." 


Felix: "Silvia, listen to me." 


Silvia said, "Felix, you don't have to say anything. Just listen to me. You don't have to be afraid of anything. I will protect you. I will not let anyone hurt you again." 


Felix: "Silvia..." 


Silvia said bitterly, "Felix, you shouldn't think I'm a good person. In fact, I'm not good at all. You suffered so much because of me. I want to make it up to you, so I'm doing everything I can for you now." 


Felix shook his head, "Silvia, my injuries really have nothing to do with you. Don't overthink it, and you can't blame yourself either. It's just part of life." 


Silvia said, "Felix, I know everything. I'm not overthinking it. Now, I only ask you to promise me one thing. You stay here and don't worry about anything. I said that I would protect you, and I would not let you suffer any more harm." 


"Silvia, don‘t say such things to a man so easily. This would make me wonder if you still want to be with me. Since you have feelings for Andrew, then you should be happy with him. Don't be so nice to me, don't let him misunderstand." Having heard Silvia wanting to protect him, Felix was a little happy, but no matter how happy he was, he still had to do what he had to do. 


"Felix, I'm not afraid to tell you the truth. Andrew and l are over, so don't mention him ever again." Silvia did not want Felix to be the one to give her such advice. She knew that he was kind and had always been very good to her. However, Silvia felt that something was off about how nice Felix was treating her. 


She used to really like him and wanted to be his lawfully wedded wife. Back then, Felix also liked her, not in a way a brother would protect his sister, but instead, was a true romantic feeling. 


If he had previously fancied Silvia and wanted to marry her, no matter how open-minded he was, Felix would not persuade his ex-girlfriend to start a happy life together with her ex-husband! 


Silvia did not believe that a man could be so open-minded and not care about the past, unless he had never fallen in love with her. 


"Why, Silvia? Is it because of me?" 


"It has nothing to do with you. We are just not suited for each other." 


"Silvia...“ 


"Felix... Andrew and I are over, and so are the both of us. The reason why I asked you to stay is that I don't want you to be out there alone, not because I want to get back together with you. Like you said, even if we are not lovers, we grew up together. These feelings are here to stay for a lifetime." These words were straightforward and somewhat hurtful, but if she expressed her thoughts clearly, Felix would also give up any thoughts about making a move on her. 


Silvia did what she had to do. She did not want others to misunderstand her, and did not want to stop others from finding the love of their lives. However, she ignored the fact that she could never control what others would do. 


Felix asked, "Silvia, what happened between the two of you? Is it really because of me? Silvia, if it's really because of me, I'm really willing to leave this place and never see you again." 


"Felix, stop asking me about these things. I beg you to stay and let me take good care of you. You should live for yourself, not for me. The better you treat me, the greater the pressure is on me. I'll be under so much pressure that I can‘t have a peaceful life." If she did not say it harshly, he would not know that she was no longer the little girl he was familiar with. 


These days, she seemed to be bold and fearless Silvia. In fact, she had an amount of control over herself. She learned to control her emotions and realized that the most reliable person in the world was herself. 


"I promise you to stay." Mission accomplished. Felix suddenly felt that today's weather was very sunny. 


"Felix, thank you for agreeing to stay." Silvia smiled. "Put your luggage back and make yourself at home. After a few days, when our holiday break starts, we can go hunting like we used to." 


"Alright." Felix nodded with a smile. 


Although Silvia did not accept Felix, at least she stated that there was no possibility of her getting back together with Andrew. This was great news to Felix! 


As long as she was separated from Andrew, Felix was confident that with their relationship, she would fall in love with him again once she could see how well he was treating her. 


"Felix, you are unwell. You need to rest more. I shall not bother you," Silvia said. 


"Okay, you have to prepare for your exams too. Try your best to ace your exams. It will come in handy when you graduate." Felix said. 


"Well, I'll go home to study then. If you need anything, call me. Anyway, my house is just a few floors down. It's very convenient." 


"All right." 


Looking at Silvia leaving, Felix laughed lightly. "Andrew, oh Andrew, I'd like to see if you still have what it takes to take Silvia away from me." 







CHAPTER 1377 



Once Edwin decided on something, he was efficient in execution. The trip back to Jiangbei was arranged within two hours. All of them boarded the private plane from Madison International Airport bound for Jiangbei International Airport. 


Before the plane took off, Jane tried contacting Silvia, but to no avail. She failed to inform Silvia in time that Andrew was returning to Jiangbei to recover from his illness. 


Jane disappointedly put her phone away and looked at Edwin who was sitting beside her. "Edwin, I'm a little worried.“ 


Edwin patted her back and said, "The doctor said that Andrew's current situation is very stable. After returning to Jiangbei, with the good weather, he will soon recover. Don't worry." 


Jane said, "I've heard about Andrew's situation from the doctor. I am not worried about him for the time being. It's just that I haven't been able to contact Silvia. I'm a little worried about her." 


Edwin said, “Andrew has arranged for Stanley to keep an eye on her. Although there is room for improvement in terms of their execution, they are all absolutely loyal to Andrew. With those men protecting Silvia, nothing will go wrong." 


"Edwin, why are you so narrow-minded?" Jane was worried that Silvia's misunderstanding towards Andrew would worsen. However, Edwin misunderstood that Jane was worried about Silvia's safety. They were referring to different things. 


Sometimes, Jane could not help but wonder how she was able to live with Edwin, who was so tactless. Edwin should really be grateful that Jane stuck by him. 


"What's wrong with me?" Edwin did not understand. 


"Oh goodness! So you think I'm worried for Silvia's safety?" Jane asked helplessly. 


Edwin, "If you're not worried about her safety, what are you worried about?“ 


Jane knew it. With Edwin's emotional intelligence, he couldn't get what she wanted to say without explicitly saying it. 


Jane patiently explained to Edwin. "Before the plane took off, I've been trying to contact Silvia, but the call could not go through. I'm worried that she'll overthink the matter." 


Edwin said, "Call her again when we get to Jiangbei." 


Jane said, "Indeed." 


Edwin said, "It'll be fine. She won't think nonsense" 


Jane could not help but to roll her eyes at him. "Edwin, if we had a fight, and I left without saying a word to you. Would you be worried?" 


Edwin, "We don‘t fight.“ 


Jane was flabbergasted. 


There were some things that she could not get through to this man. She could not expect him to understand what she was worried about or help to solve the problem for her either. She was better off waiting for the plane to land and find an alternative solution. 


After more than an eight-hour flight, the plane landed at Jiangbei International Airport. Once they got off the plane, the first thing Jane did was to contact Silvia. 


Once again, she dialed Silvia's number, but she still could not get through. She was getting nervous as she failed to contact Silvia for such a long time. 


After thinking for a while, she called Auntie Cherry. Auntie Cherry answered the call immediately. "Mrs. Carter, is that you?" 


"Auntie Cherry, it's me." Jane added, “I haven't been able to contact Silvia. Do you have any other contact numbers for her?" 


"Mrs. Carter, I'm sorry. I only know this phone number of Miss Turner. I don't have other contact numbers." Auntie Cherry indeed did not have other contact numbers of Silvia. 


"I know. Auntie Cherry, thank you!" Despite getting an answer, Jane thanked Auntie Cherry politely. Then she looked at Edwin and said, "Edwin, can you ask your men to go check on Silvia?“ 


Edwin asked, "What's wrong?" 


"I still cannot get through to her. I'm worried that something happened to her." Andrew was unconscious. If anything happened to Silvia, it would be terrible... Jane did not even dare to think about it. 


"I've already sent Hal to study the situation." Edwin had always been concerned about matters that Jane cared about. He would settle them without needing her to say anything. 


At this time, Hal who had learned of the situation rushed over. "Chairman Carter, Mrs. Carter, l have already contacted the people in Madison City. They sent a message saying that Miss Turner went to school as usual and there was nothing amiss." 


She asked, "Nothing amiss? But why can't I get through to her cell phone?" 


Hal added, "They saw Miss Turner at a telecommunication company today. Later, they learned that Miss Turner had her old phone number cancelled and applied for a new phone number." 


Jane asked, "She cancelled her old phone number?" 


Silvia's temper was really deliberate and decisive. Once she decided not to be with someone, she even changed her phone number. Was she going to stop Andrew from contacting her? 


Thinking of it, Jane looked at Andrew who was still in a coma, and felt a sharp pain in her heart. Andrew had suffered more than others since he was a child. Even his love life was full of obstacles. 


If he woke up and knew that Silvia had changed her phone number to not let him find her, would he be angry? 


Hal said, "Affirmative. The number has been cancelled." 


Edwin said, "Find out her new number." 


Hal quickly handed over the new number. "I have Miss Turner's new number." 


What an exceptional subordinate Hal was! He did not wait for Edwin's orders, and was on top of things. Hal was so capable because of Edwin's training and guidance. 


Edwin handed the phone number to Jane and said, "You can contact Silvia's new number." 


Jane took the note with the new number, but she did not call her. Edwin was puzzled. “You were worried about her all day. Now that you can contact her, why don't you do so?" 


Jane said, "Judging from her personality, if she finds out that her new number has been exposed, she will throw the new number away. She might even throw her mobile phone away and never use it again." 


Edwin asked, "Do you know her?" 


Jane said, "I don‘t know her, but I think if she can change her number once, she can do it again. As long as she has not thought it through, no one can persuade her. She really is a stubborn girl.” 


Edwin said, "Then let's go home first." 


Jane nodded. "For now, the most important thing is to help Andrew recover. As for the rest, we'll talk about it when Andrew wakes up. You're right. Relationships are a matter for two. Other people can advise on the sidelines but it is ultimately up to them.“ 


Edwin nodded. 


Jane rolled her eyes at him again and said, "Huh! Your genes are really quite influential! Although Andrew is not your biological son, he's still heavily influenced by you. His IQ is indeed high, but his E0 is really non-existent." 


Edwin was speechless. What did this have to do with him? 


How could Jane blame this on him?





 


CHAPTER 1378

 


At Orchard Villa, in Jiangbei. 


Because of Andrew's incident, everyone from the Carter family had rushed back home. Seeing that he was unconscious, they were all very worried. Even Angela, who usually liked to cause trouble, was much more subdued. 


Among these people, Julien was the one who was worried about Andrew the most. 


Julien was already an aloof little kid, and now that his brother, Andrew, was lying on the bed unconscious, he was so distressed that he hid in the corner and refused to say a word. 


"Julien..." Janell Joy walked up to him and pinched his cheek. She consoled him, "The doctor said that Andrew will be fine. Don‘t be sad,okay?" 


"Sis..." Julien's eyes had already turned red. "I know that he'll be fine, but every time I think of the pain that he's in, I just can't help but feel sad." 


"I know." Janell Joy sat down by Julien's side. She was also dejected. "It was because of me that he got the gunshot wound and subsequently, the pain he's in. If I had the choice, I really wished that I could bear the pain for him." 


Julien was a sensible child. He comforted Janell Joy, “Don't say that. If Andrew knows that you are blaming yourself, he would definitely be even more upset.“ 


”Okay, I won‘t say it anymore." Janell Joy concealed the bitterness in her eyes and put on a faint smile. "Our Little Precious is really getting even cuter now. Just look at you, you're almost as tall as me. Should I call you Big Precious instead?" 


"Janell Joy..." Julien had already asked her not to cail him Little Precious, but she was still calling him that. Julien really could not help but feel annoyed by it. 


“Okay, okay. I won't call you Little Precious anymore. I'll just call you Big Precious, okay?" Janell Joy did not want Julien to feel sad, so she tried to divert his attention with this little trick. "Well, why don't you go play with Levi? I'll see if Lucas is here yet." 


"Okay. You can go look for Lucas first." Julien nodded and said. 


Compared to Julien who was worried sick, Levi James, this little fellow, was much more heartless. He came here with his mother. But after taking a few looks at Andrew, he went to play on his own, which made Julien extremely displeased. 


Julien went up to Levi and said in a cold voice, "Levi James!" 


Although the two boys were about the same age, they had never gotten along very well with each other since childhood. At this point in time, Levi was thinking about something else, but Julien went up to interrupt him. He was annoyed, so he said, "Julien, you'd better stay away from me. I'm not in a good mood now. Don't come bother me." 


"You're in a bad mood? You don't look like you were in a bad mood though." Julien frowned. "It seems to me that you're having a good time by yourself.“ 


"Who said that I was having a good time?" Levi glared at Julien with dissatisfaction. "I'm thinking about something." 


"Thinking about how to court girls, huh?" In Julien's view, that was all Levi would think about. 


"What nonsense!" Levi really hated Julien who would always assume everything. However, there was nothing he could do about it. “I have thought of a way to help Andrew, but I need someone to do this with me." 


Upon hearing that there was a way to help Andrew, Julien's eyes lit up. However, he did not dare to have any high hopes. He said, "You are so stupid, what can you actually come up with?" 


"Julien, don't look down on me, okay?" Levi did not want to talk to Julien at all, but he needed his help. "Do you want to help Andrew or not?“ 


Julien said, "Tell me what you have in mind." 


"Umm..." Just as Levi was about to explain his entire plan, he realized that he could not let anyone else know about it. Otherwise, he would be letting the cat out of the bag. Hence, he immediately lowered his voice and said, "Come closer." 


Julien did not want to get close to him, so he said, "What‘s the matter? Just speak it out." 


"Julien, do you want Andrew to get well?" Levi asked, with a hint of smug in his eyes. He looked as if he had really found a way to cure Andrew. 


Since it might help Andrew, Julien didn't care anymore. He immediately leaned into Levi and pricked up his ears. Levi then whispered, "I have an idea to help Andrew, but it will be a little difficult to implement it.” 


"Can't you just get straight to the point?" Regardless of whether the method was effective, Julien was willing to listen to anything that would be of any help to Andrew. 


"It's..." Levi looked around. After making sure that no one was watching them, Levi told Julien about his plan. 


This was the first time Julien had ever felt that Levi was somewhat reliable. He said, "It seems that your mind is not filled with rubbish only." 


Levi retaliated, "Yours is filled with rubbish, not mine." 


Julien said, “Let's go." 


Levi asked, "Where are we going?" 


Julien glanced at him and asked, ”Where do you think we are going?" 


Levi said, "Please, I can't read minds, how would I know where you wanna go?" 


Julien said, "And yet you dare to say that your brain is not filled with rubbish." 


Levi said, "Julien, why do I feel like you're getting more annoying now?" 


Julien said, "Follow me." 


Levi didn't understand what was going on, but he still followed Julien. 


……….


These days, the weather in Madison City has turned better. That day was the first sunny day after the long and heavy snow. 


The final examination was over and the winter break had officially begun. 


Silvia was walking in the campus, with a huge box in her arms. The box was filled with books and study materials that she had used this semester. It was quite bulky, so she was walking with heavy steps. 


Lemur hurriedly caught up with Silvia and said, "Boss, let me carry the box for you." 


Silvia smiled, "it's fine. I can carry it myself." 


Lemur said, "Boss, are you being courteous with me?" 


Silvia said, "We grew up together. Why should I be so courteous to you?" 


Lemur said, "That's what I'm saying. If this was in the past, you would have already beaten us up if we didn't take the initiative to help you carry your things. We are all used to it, so it's kind of sad that you don't let us carry the box for you anymore." 


Since Lemur had said so, there was no reason for Silvia to refuse him. She shoved the box into Lemur's hands and said, “Take it then." 


"That's right. This is how things should be." The moment Lemur received the box from Silvia, he grinned happily, as if he was holding his wife instead of a box. 


Silvia said, "Alas, where is Prince? Why is he not here?" 


"Boss, I'm over here." Prince came over and grinned cheekily. "Boss, in order to celebrate the start of our winter break, everyone in our class has decided to have a party tomorrow. You should come to join us too." Summer break and winter break were the long holidays that students loved. 


"I'm going out with Fe... I‘m going out with my friends tomorrow, so I'm afraid I can't join you guys." It was just the day before that Felix Xavier had asked her out to go hunting in the mountains. This was an old tradition that they had for many years, so Silvia agreed to go out with Felix. 


Since Silvia must not let anyone know that Felix was still alive, she had to keep her mouth shut. She was keeping it to herself so well that she did not even tell her two best friends, Prince and Lemur, about it. 







CHAPTER 1379 



Prince complained, "Boss, do you have other friends besides us? If you don't want to join us, you should at least find a convincing excuse. Don't you think that you're insulting our intelligence by giving us this kind of excuse?" 


"Who said that I don't have other friends except for the two of you?" Silvia glared at Prince. "I‘m going out with Audrey tomorrow. We're going shopping." 


“Boss, I just called Audrey and asked her to come with us tomorrow. She said that she'd join us though." Prince merciless exposed Silvia's lie. 


Even when her lie was exposed, Silvia did not feel embarrassed at all. She said unabashedly, "I was going to call her when I got home. I didn't expect that you'll be a step ahead of me to ask her out." 


Prince did not believe in Silvia's lame lie. He hugged Silvia's arm and said coyly, "Boss, where are you going? If you're going to do something fun, I don't mind ditching our classmates and join you instead." 


Silvia pushed Prince away in disgust. "Don't talk to me like this. Are you not worried that you won't be able to find  a girlfriend if you behave like this?" 


Lemur answered, "Boss, you really have to teach him a lesson. He's giving me goosebumps all over." 


Prince glared at Lemur and said, "All I wanted is to have fun with Boss." 


"Stop messing around, okay? I have nothing to do tomorrow, so all I want is to stay at home and get a good sleep." In fact, Silvia really wanted to ask Prince and Lemur to come along, but she must not let anyone find out about Felix's matter yet. 


Prince refused to give up, "Boss..." 


Silvia interrupted him, "Stop there, I‘m going to stay at home tomorrow. No one is allowed to disturb me." 


Prince wanted to say something, but after seeing Silvia rolling her eyes at him, he obediently shut his mouth. However, he was extremely dissatisfied knowing that Silvia was hiding something from them. 


They had been friends and following her around for more than twenty years now, but she was starting to abandon them because of someone else. Of course, they were annoyed about it. 


The next morning. 


"Good morning, Felix!" Silvia went to look for Felix at the appointed time, getting ready to go to the West Side with him. 


"Silvia, you're here!" Felix had also dressed up, which made him look much more energetic. 


"Yup." Silvia nodded. In the past, she would be especially worked up during this time of the year. However, she did not know why she was not in the mood for it at all this time. She didn't know if it was because Prince and Lemur were not here or was it something else. 


"What's wrong, Silvia? You don't seem happy?" Felix was a sensitive person. Moreover, Silvia could never hide her emotions, so he could immediately tell at one glance that Silvia was in low spirits. 


"No, not at all. I think it's probably because of the weather. It's a little too cold, that's why I'm looking a little listless," As Silvia was explaining, the phone in her pocket suddenly rang. "Felix, I'm sorry, I'll have to take this." 


Silvia had just changed her phone number. There were only five people who knew this number. Since Felix was with her, the only people who would call Silvia now would be either her mother, Prince, Lemur, or Audrey. 


Silvia took out her mobile phone and answered the phone without looking at the caller ID. She was expecting to hear one of the four voices. However, Julien's voice had unexpectedly sounded through the phone. "Sister Silvia..." 


"Julien?" Silvia could not believe her ears. She had just changed her phone number. How did Julien get this number? 


"Sister Silvia, I..." Julien, who had always been aloof, was actually talking to her in a strangled voice. "Sister Silvia, can you please come to Jiangbei?" 


"What's the matter, Julien? Tell me what happened. Don't cry, okay?“ Hearing that Julien was crying, Silvia had totally forgotten the fact that she was no longer Julien's sister-in-law. Her heart was aching so much when she heard him crying. 


Julien said in a choking voice, "Sister Silvia, Andrew is dying." 


"Julien, what do you mean Andrew is dying? Don‘t talk nonsense!" In that split second, Silvia's mind was in a complete daze. 


"Andrew, he...“ Julien sobbed softly. "Sister Silvia, if you come over now, I think you might be able to see him one last time. If not, you might have to wait for the next life to see him again." 


"Julien, don‘t talk nonsense. It's impossible that Andrew is dying." Silvia was unwilling to believe it, but when she heard Julien crying over the phone, she had no choice but to believe it. 


If it was Levi Brown who called her, she probably would not believe it. However, Julien would never lie. 


These two boys stayed in Madison City with her for quite a while, but Silvia had never seen Julien cry... 


"Sister Silvia, I've booked a flight for you. Departing from Madison International Airport and arriving at Jiangbei International Airport. It's a 12 o'clock flight. If you bring your passport and rush to the airport now, I think you'll still be able to catch it. It's okay if you don't want to see Andrew for one last time. Both Levi and I will always remember you as our sister-in-law." After saying that, Julien cried and hung up the phone. 


Silvia listened to the busy tone on her phone and thought about what Julien had just told her. She felt that the sky above her head was about to collapse. 


What should she do? 


What should she do? 


The last time she saw Andrew, he was still fine. He was still yelling at her. How could he be dying after just a few days? 


"It's impossible! It's impossible! It must be fake! It must be just a lie!" 


"What's wrong, Silvia?" Felix grabbed Silvia, who was on the verge of collapse, and asked, "Who was it? Why are you so scared?" 


"I‘m sorry, Felix. I can't go to the West Side with you today." She pulled Felix's hand away and apologized, "I have something important to attend to now. I'm really sorry!" 


According to the facade Felix was putting up, he should have spoken to her in a kind manner and said, "Silvia, it's okay. You can go attend to your matters first. I can wait for you no matter how long..." 


However, when such an issue really arose, Felix couldn't control his emotions. He grabbed Silvia's arm so forcefully that it was hurting her. However, he did not know that he had already lost control of himself. "Silvia, where are you going?" 


In the past, she would never ditch him while they were on a date. Did everything change after Silvia had met Andrew? 


"You're hurting me, Felix" Silvia struggled to push Felix away, but he was much stronger than her. His hands felt like a pair of iron pincers clutching on to her arms. "Could you please calm down first, Felix? Please let me go first." 


At this very moment, the Felix who was standing in front of Silvia was so terrifying. He did not look like the Felix she knew at all. 







CHAPTER 1380 



"I..." Upon hearing Silvia's roar, the fierceness in Felix's eyes slowly dissipated. He calmed himself down and said, "Silvia, I... I'm sorry! I shouldn't have done that." 


"No Felix, I should be the one apologizing instead. I was the one who's ditching you, I'm really sorry but I really have something important that I must attend to now." At this time, Silvia's mind was full of Andrew. It did not matter now if Andrew had reaIIy regarded her as a substitute. She would still go over to see him. Regardless of what had happened, she still hoped that he could live well. 


The main reason she was angry with Andrew was she had fallen in love with him. However, he had always regarded her as a substitute, and whenever she thought of it, she felt as if her heart was being fried up in a wok of hot oil. 


"Silvia, is it Andrew?" From the moment she answered the phone, Felix already guessed that the person who called Silvia must have something to do with Andrew. However, he was not willing to believe it. 


"Something happened to him, I need to see him." She had never lied to Felix about her feelings for Andrew. Silvia knew that she had to go see Andrew, and there was no need for her to hide it from Felix. 


Felix questioned closely, "Silvia, what could have happened to him though?“ 


"I don't know." No matter what happened to Andrew, Silvia had already made up her mind that she would see him. 


"Silvia, have you never thought that he might be lying to you?" Felix had spent some time with Dr. Thames in the past. He was quite familiar with Andrew's bodily condition. Although his illness was not something that could be easily cured, it would not be that easy for him to die from it. 


Felix guessed that Andrew was just trying to use this method to trick Silvia and make her go back to him. Now that Felix had finally managed to get Silvia back to his side, everything that he had done would all go in vain if he let go of Silvia at this crucial moment. 


"Even if he is lying to me, I still want to see him. I would rather he lie to me, but what does it have to do with you?" When she heard that Andrew was dying, Silvia was already on the verge of breaking down. Now that Felix was suspecting that all these might be just a trick, Silvia snapped at that instant. 


No one would ever joke about the lives of their family, especially someone like Julien who loved his brother so much. She was already on the verge of a mental breakdown at this very moment. She did not have the time and energy to argue with Felix whether Andrew was lying to her. 


To tell the truth, she hoped that Julien was lying to her. If he was indeed lying to her, then it would prove that Andrew was doing fine. That was why she would rather be the one getting fooled. 


"Even if he had lied to you, you still want to see him?" Felix repeated Silvia's words. Her words once again pushed him into the abyss of despair, reminding him that she was no longer his Silvia. 


"Silvia, if you walk out of here today, then please don't come to me ever again." Felix withdrew his hand reluctantly and made such a harsh remark. At this point in time, he was betting on whether Silvia would choose him over Andrew. 


"I'm really sorry, Felix!" After apologizing to Felix once again, Silvia decisively turned around and walked out of the building. This time, between Andrew and Felix, she had chosen Andrew without any hesitation. 


The moment Silvia turned around, Felix, who still had a glimmer of hope, was utterly disappointed. 


As he watched her slowly walking away from him, he felt that his heart was getting colder. It had become so cold that there was no warmth to it at all. Soon enough, the painful look in his eyes started to vanish. 


He squinted, and a sharp light flashed across his eyes. "Silvia, I love you so much. I want to be good to you for the rest of my life, but why would you always let me down?" 


No one was there to give him an answer. 


Because the person who he cared about the most had already left him. 


Alina Bell, who was hiding in a dark corner, witnessed everything that had happened between Silvia and Felix. At that instant, she let out a sigh of relief. Silvia had once again chosen Andrew over Felix. It was indeed good news to Alina. 


Without Silvia, Felix could only place all his hopes on her. Then, she could slowly become someone important to Felix. A person who Felix could not live without. 


At the same time, at Orchard Villa, in Jiangbei, Levi gave Julien a thumbs-up and said, "Julien, I really didn't expect that you would be as good as me when it comes to acting." 


Julien's face darkened. If it wasn't for Andrew, he would not have chosen to put on a crying show even if he were to be beaten to death. 


"Julien, do you think Sister Silvia will come?" Levi was satisfied with Julien's performance, but he was worried about the outcome. 


"We've already done our part, so it's all up to her now.” Julien restored his usual aloofness, and he sounded like he didn't want to talk to Levi at all. 


"Hey, Julien, can't you talk nicely?" Levi shouted discontentedly. He had just come up with such a perfect idea. Why couldn't Julien just be nicer to him? 


"What are you boys talking about?" Angela Carter's voice sounded out of a sudden, making these two little ones tremble with fear. 


Levi reacted in an instant and rushed forward to hug Angela, "Mrs. James, I don't think that you‘ll be interested in what us little kids talk about though." 


Angela twisted Levi's ears and said, "Levi, tell me what's going on if you don't want me to teach you guys a lesson." 


"Mom, we... this is a secret between the two of us. Can you stop asking?" Levi pleaded. 


Angela threatened, "Say it now, or get ready to wash all the bathrooms at home." 


"You really want to know?" 


"Tell me now." 


“I saw a pretty girl yesterday. She‘s very beautiful. I plan to marry her when I grow up." 


"You little brat!" Angela twisted Levi's ear. "Are you really my child? Your dad and l are both so loyal to each other. We've only loved each other in our entire lives, but why are you like this? Why are you falling in love with different girls everyday? Are you trying to become a playboy?" 


”Mom, there are so many girls in the world, and each of them is more beautiful than the other. I want to be loyal to one girl, but I just couldn't help it whenever I see pretty girls." 


"You brat, I'm warning you. If you dare cheat on your girlfriend in the future, I'll be the first to deal with you. Do you hear me?" Angela said while pinching Levi's face. 


"Okay Mom, I'll keep that in mind." After successfully diverting Angela's attention, Levi was happy. He quietly showed Julien a victory gesture, but Angela happened to notice it. "How dare you lie to me, Levi?" 


"Mom, I wasn't lying to you." Even if he had been exposed, he would not tell the truth even if he were to get beaten to death. 


"You little brat, you're just a kid now but you actually dare to lie to your mother already. What is going to happen when you grow up then?" Angela once again twisted Levi's ear. "Are you itching for a beating now?" 


"Mom, I'm really telling the truth. I didn't lie to you." 



No comments:

Post a Comment