Saturday, October 31, 2020

LM CHAPTERS 1056 - 1060

LM 

CHAPTERS 1056 - 1060







CHAPTER 1056



Lying on the large, soft bed, Silvia was not sleepy at all.


After all, this was a completely strange place. And there was a man living next door who she didn’t know whether he was a friend or a foe. How could she rest assured and fall asleep?


Silvia widened her eyes and looked around. The decoration of this room was completely different from the modern simple decorative style of the villa.


This was a room designed to look girly, and it seemed like a teenage girl’s room… But this was not the style that Silvia liked.


Silvia was the only child. She was supposed to inherit the family business. Her father was worried that she was too weak and would be bullied, so her parents raised her like a son.


Back in elementary school, when she fought with boys, Silvia never lost a match. Later, she also hung around with boys a lot and even had some younger male students become her underlings. Now that they had grown up, her friends still addressed her as “Big Brother”.


Silvia’s father was worried that after her parent’s death, no one could take care of her. Over the past ten years, they had planned a lot for her. They couldn’t wait to keep all the good things in the world for her.


However, her father had never expected that his most trusted relatives would plot against his wife and daughter after his accident, and even wanted to annex his company.


Thinking of her father’s death, Silvia gritted her teeth. She had always suspected that the car accident was not an accident. It was likely to be murder, but she could not prove it.


It was hard to see through a person’s true intentions. It was always difficult to guess what others are thinking, especially the relatives of the Turner family.


When Silvia’s father’s business slowly became successful, the Turner family members came to look for him out of the blue. Her father even arranged work for them.


During festive seasons, her father would treat them well and buy them gifts.


But what did they do in return?


Silvia’s father met with an accident, and her mother was lying in the hospital. Now, Silvia had been sold to a perverted old man by them… The group of scum from the Turner family were really vile lunatics.


While she was tossing and turning in bed, Silvia was most worried about her mother, who was lying in the hospital ward.


After her father’s accident, Silvia was her mother’s only support. Since she had not visited her mother for a few days, her mother must be worried.


She was wondering how her mother was doing.


That’s right, there was a landline in this room. Silvia could call her mother to let her know that she was fine and not to worry about her.


Silvia got up, picked up the phone and dialed her mother’s number. Almost immediately, the call was connected.


Before the person on the other side of the phone spoke, Silvia said in a hurry, “Mom, it’s Silvia. I haven’t been by your side these days. Are you alright?”


“Alright? How can she be alright without you by her side?” A familiar voice came from the phone. It was one of those evil people who wanted to annex her father’s company, her uncle Norman Turner.


“Norman Turner! It’s you!” Silvia clenched the phone and gnashed her teeth in anger. “Norman, if you dare to touch my mother, I will ruin your reputation.”


Norman said, “Oh Silvia, you have gone through so much. How can you talk to your older relatives so rudely? Let me remind you this, you are just a girl. You have to change your bad temper. Otherwise, you will suffer more.”


Silvia didn’t want to pay attention to this disgusting beast and his words at all. “Norman, don’t f*cking talk nonsense with me. Pass the phone to my mother.”


Norman did not concede. “Silvia, your father died in a car accident, and your mother is lying in the hospital, and she is mentally unstable. I am your elder. Who would care about you if I don’t?”


“Norman, I warn you again, pass the phone to my mother, or I will definitely teach you a lesson!” Silvia couldn’t wait to detonate an atomic bomb at him to blow him up.


Norman smiled and said calmly. “I’d like to see what lesson are you referring to.”


Silvia responded coldly, “I don’t think so, but what about Mr. Carter, who spent a huge sum of money on me? Norman, since you are so capable, why don’t you come face to face with him?”


Norman’s reputation was quite well-known in Madison City, but compared to Mr. Carter, the most powerful man in Madison City, there was a huge disparity in their influence. Silvia knew that Norman had some scruples about Mr. Carter, and she also knew that not everyone could meet Mr. Carter, so she was brave enough to use Mr. Carter's name to frighten Norman.


Sure enough, Norman was silent at the other end of the phone. Silvia continued, “Norman, pass the phone to my mother. I want to say something to her.”


“Silvia, if you want to hear your mother’s voice, then come back and see her. She misses you very much. These days, when you’re not here, I’m the one who sent people to take care of her.” Norman was not an easy man to be fooled, so Silvia’s simple words could not threaten him.


“Do you think I don’t want to come back? Thanks to you, scumbag, I can’t go back now.” D*mn, Silvia really wanted to scream at Norman, but she couldn’t.


Norman was a scumbag, and he was ten times worse than she had imagined. If he found out that she did not even meet Mr. Carter at all, he would definitely do something to her mother. Silvia clenched her fists and tried to calm herself down.


“Since you said so, you should take good care of my mother. In a few days, I will ask Mr. Carter to go back with me to see her.”


Norman tried to probe something out of her, “Silvia, I really want to know what kind of method did you used to have caught Mr. Carter's attention. He was never a man to meddle with other’s business, however, he chose to buy you off the black market.”


Silvia chuckled and said, “What method can I use? He likes women, I am a woman. It’s just that simple.”


At this moment, Silvia was quite grateful to Mr. Carter. If it weren’t for him, she would have been in a worse situation now. Perhaps she would never see her mother again in her life.


Unintentionally, this Old Mr. Carter became her source of protection.


Silvia shook her head and a bitter smile appeared on her lips. “I’m in such a bad situation! When can it get better?” She thought.


“I just wanted to love you, but yet you did not want me… I thought you were pure and innocent. After all, you are just a little btch waiting for others to fck you.” After that, Norman hung up the phone. 


“Norman, just wait!” She did not scold him too rudely, but yet he insulted her so vehemently.


Silvia was so disgusted that she retched. She had heard of similar cases before, but she didn’t expect that she would also hear these words said to her face.


She had never expected that Norman not only wanted to annex her father’s company, but he also wanted to rape her. If Silvia’s best friend hadn’t woken her up that night, Norman would have succeeded at his vile plans.


To Silvia, Norman was even worse than a beast. He was so vile and disgusting!







CHAPTER 1057



Silvia had a dream, in which her father was still well and alive.


Her father took her hand and said earnestly, “Silvia, I left the world suddenly and there are still a lot of things that haven’t been arranged yet. I can rest assured knowing that you have your uncles to deal with the company’s affairs.”


“Dad, no… Silvia wanted to say that her uncles were not as kind as her father thought.


When her father met with the accident, the people from the Turner family tried to take over the company he had worked so hard to build. However, even in her dreams, Silvia did not want her father to worry about her. In the end, she did not manage to tell her father the cruel truth.


Her father patted her hand and sighed, “I’m worried about you and your mother. These years, your mother has been with me along the way. She woke up early to get to work and stayed up late. Sometimes, she would be too busy to even have her meals.”


Silvia nodded vigorously and sobbed, “Dad, I know how hard it has been for you and mom these years. I know, I know.”


She had been working hard and enrolled in a business management course at university. She planned to work in the company to share her father’s burdens as soon as she graduated. However, nobody could foresee what had happened. Before she could do anything to help her father, her father had left the world unexpectedly.


Her father said again, “Because we were busy with the business, we ignored our health. Your mother has a weak body. Since I am gone, you are the only person that your mother can rely on. You must take good care of your mother for me in future.”


“Dad, don’t worry. I will take good care of mom. I will definitely do it.” She wanted to throw herself into her father’s arms, and she wanted to feel the warmth of her father’s embrace. However, she tried to reach out but he had disappeared.


Earlier, she clearly felt that her father was holding her hand, and it was so warm. Why didn’t her father let her hold him again?


Silvia shouted angrily, “Dad, Dad…"


However, her father never came back no matter how hard she cried. 


Silvia woke up from the nightmare. It was already bright outside. The sun shone through the window and brightened the whole room.


For a moment, she didn’t even know where she was. She closed her eyes and thought about what was happening in her life. Then, she recalled all the incidents from the previous night.


She got up immediately, packed up, and went downstairs.


At the dining table on the first floor, the man was eating his breakfast slowly. When he heard her coming downstairs, he still ate his breakfast calmly without looking back. After staying there for a night, Silvia had to thank him before leaving. 


She came to the dining table and said, “Mister, thank you for taking me in last night. I’m leaving now.”


“Leaving? Where are you going?” Andrew put his spoon down and looked at her. For some reason, Silvia felt that she couldn’t see through his expression. She didn’t understand what he meant.


Silvia smiled politely and said, “Of course, I’m going back to where I came from.”


“Is time-travel that easy now? You can leave whenever you want?” He chuckled. It was obvious that he did not believe what Silvia had said last night.


“What time-travel? I don’t understand what you mean. I drank too much last night. I don’t even remember how I ended up at your rooftop.” Silvia sat down on the other end of the table. She told a lie without even blushing or flinching. 


Next, Silvia picked up a meat bun from the table. “This tastes really good. Where did you buy it?”


Andrew looked at her shockingly. Did he say she was allowed to eat his breakfast?


Silvia continued while eating, “Mister I have no money now, so I can’t return your money. If you let me go, I will earn some money when I get out. Then, I will pay back the money to you for your hospitality last night.”


Andrew picked up a wet paper towel and wiped his hands.


He sneered and said, “You might not have money, but the people after you last night might have. If I hand you over, they should be willing to pay for you.”


“You…"  Silvia was surprised that this man knew everything. For a moment, she couldn’t think of any other way to refute him. Fortunately, she was smart and quickly thought of another excuse, “Well, since you already know, then I don’t have to hide it from you. Last night, the people who chased me were a group of human traffickers. They wanted to use me to make money, but I didn’t want to comply. So, they locked me up.”


Silvia ate two more buns in large mouthfuls to prove how hungry she was. “They locked me up for five whole days. They didn’t even give me a sip of water. It’s a miracle that I’m still here. If you can bear to see such a beautiful girl like me lose my life, then you can hand me over.”


Andrew frowned unhappily. This woman was full of lies. After spending such a long time with her, he was yet to hear a word of truth from her mouth.


“Anyway, I’m going to die soon. Please just let me have my final meal.” After eating the buns, Silvia picked up the glass of milk next to her and drank it quickly.


“I see.” Andrew looked at her as she ate his food happily, especially at her ignorance of being in a stranger’s home.


“In fact, I know that you are a good person. You gave me food and also took me in for a night. If you are kind, please send me out, and when I earn money, I will definitely thank you for your kind deeds.” 


In order to increase her credibility, Silvia gritted her teeth and took off the jewelled bracelet on her wrist. She said sincerely, “This jewel bracelet was a birthday gift from my father. You can keep it as collateral as you wait for me to return your money.”


It was the birthday gift her father had given her earlier that year. Silvia always wore it like a treasure and never took it off. This time, as she was desperate to survive and see her mother sooner, she took off the bracelet.


Andrew did not pick the bracelet up. Seeing Silvia biting her lip tightly and removing it reluctantly, he knew that she was telling the truth this time.


“You don’t believe me?” He didn’t want to accept the bracelet, so Silvia was secretly relieved and quickly put the bracelet back on. “It’s okay that you don’t believe me. In fact, this bracelet is not valuable at all.”


After a long silence, Andrew said casually, “Miss Turner, I want to discuss a deal with you.”


“What deal?” Silvia’s focus was on the word “deal”, so she did not realize what Andrew addressed her as.


Clap-Clap!


Andrew glanced at her and clapped his hands twice. Simon, who had been waiting outside the house for a long time, opened the door and came in. He stood respectfully at the table and said, “Young Master.”


“Young Master?”


When Simon suddenly appeared, Silvia was so scared that she wanted to hide under the table. When she heard the way Simon addressed this man, she seemed to piece the puzzle together.


It turned out that they were on the same side.


Simon called this young man as Young Master. So, this young man was likely to be the son of the old Mr. Carter.


How could she be so unlucky?


How could she encounter so many bad things in such a short time?


Andrew ordered Simon, “Show the contract to Miss Turner. If she agrees to sign it, then our deal’s done.”


“Be honest with me, is your last name Carter?” If he wanted her to sign the contract, she had to know who he was. Andrew pointed to the top part of the contract. Silvia looked at it and read, “Andrew Carter?”


Sure enough, his last name was Carter!







CHAPTER 1058



In case she was mistaken, Silvia rubbed her eyes hard to see the name written on the contract clearly.


After rereading a few more times, and ensuring that the name written on the contract was indeed Andrew Carter, Silvia raised her head and looked at the man in front of her seriously.


She had been locked up for a few days. She did not get to see Mr. Carter, the most influential man in Madison City. Instead, she met his son, Andrew. At first glance, Andrew looked like someone not to be messed with. His eyes appeared so calm, yet intimidating, that it seemed like he had power over everything and everyone around him.


For example, at this moment, his gaze towards her appeared so intimidating that it seemed like he was ready to pounce on her at a wrong move she might make.


Then, Andrew said, “Miss Turner, take a good look at the contract. If you do not have any questions, sign your name here, and then our contract will take effect.”


“Contract?” Silvia just remembered that she needed to focus on the content of the contract, not the name. She read it carefully and could not stop frowning. “What do you mean by this?”


Andrew explained, “It’s self explanatory.”


Silvia clenched her fists. “Why are you willing to help me?”


She did not believe in luck and goodwill. She only believed that there would be traps and obstacles everywhere in life, and nothing would ever come free.


Andrew asked, “Do you need a reason?” 


“Why not?” Silvia stared at him and tried to observe his expression, “Mr. Andrew Carter, I’m not a fool. You wouldn’t be helping me just because of my good looks, would you?”


Andrew leaned against the chair and raised his eyebrows slightly. “Don’t speak like a know-it-all. You should know that anything is possible.”


Andrew was not willing to give Silvia a clear answer. Silvia knew that no matter how hard she probed, she would not be able to get an answer.


From their perspective, they bought her away from the black market with a huge sum of money, so she belonged to Andrew.


Andrew wanted her to stay with him, so he could lock her up as he did in the past few days. There was no need to sign a contract with her at all.


As a matter of fact, signing the contract wouldn’t change anything.


After thinking it through, Silvia no longer hesitated. She picked up the pen and quickly signed her name on the contract. She smiled at him sweetly, “Mr. Carter, cheers to a good partnership.”


Silvia’s hand was left hanging in the air. Andrew glanced at her, but he did not reach out to shake his hand with hers. “To a good partnership.” 


“Mr. Carter, aren’t you going to shake your hand with me?” He pretended not to see her hand, so Silvia raised her hand a little higher


Andrew still did not shake her hand. “I do not like touching germ-infested things.”


“Is that it?” Feeling belittled, Silvia cursed him in her heart, but she still maintained a decent smile on her face. “Your reasoning is really interesting. I’ll take it as a compliment that I’m special.”


She clearly knew that she would lose out if she confronted him, and she knew that this man could help her. At present, it seemed like he was the only savior.


More importantly, when she signed on the contract, this man would be her Master. She couldn’t afford to offend him.


She could not even say for sure if the man who carried her the previous night was this same man. The man from the previous night had held her as if he were not willing to let her go, but Andrew presently looked aloof and disdainful, like he was disgusted by her and would never touch her at all.


Andrew stared at her. Silvia was obviously angry, but she smiled happily, as if she didn’t care about what he said at all. Andrew truly admired this impressive characteristic of hers. Silvia was very sensible. She knew when to hold on and when to retreat. Indeed, she was a rare gem of a woman, hard to find!


After signing the contract, she had her freedom, and she also had luxury cars to bring her everywhere she wanted to go. There were also two bodyguards following her. Silvia felt that her luck had finally changed.


As soon as she went out, Silvia took out her new mobile phone that Andrew gave and made a phone call. Soon, the person on the other side picked up. 


The man said in a lazy voice, “It’s so early in the morning. I’ll skin you alive.” This person was still so angry and his words sounded so rude. 


Silvia cleared her throat and said, “You can try to.”


Hearing Silvia’s voice, the person on the other end of the phone immediately changed his attitude. “Boss, it’s you. I sought you out for a few days. I’ve missed you so much.”


Silvia didn’t say a word.


The person on the other end continued, “Boss, where have you been these days? I can’t find you everywhere. I was so worried that I got a little angry. Please forgive me.”


Silvia said seriously, “Don’t think you can talk yourself out of it. Tell me, what is the situation in my company now?”


“Boss, even if you didn’t ask, I have to tell you this.” The man on the other end of the phone cursed out loud, “There isn’t anyone who’s good in your family.”


Silvia interrupted him. “Prince, be careful with your words. Though you are named Prince, you’re not royalty.”


Prince laughed again and said, “Sorry for being blunt, I’m poor with words. What I meant to say was that the Turners who wanted to occupy your family business are not good people.”


Silvia reminded him, “Get to the point.”


Prince continued, “They are going to hold a press conference today. I heard that Norman will officially take over your family’s business.”


“B*stard, he’s really doing it.” Silvia clenched her fists and said, “Call Lemur. I have some powerful news to give him. Ask him to head to Wateria Corporation immediately and watch out for the headlines.”


Prince said excitedly, “Boss, wait for me. I'll get Lemur and we’ll help you out.”


Silvia rejected his help immediately. “The group of people in the Turner family are ruthless. Don’t get involved in it. I don’t want your parents to worry about you.”


Prince patted his chest and said firmly, “You are our boss. Your business is our business. Don’t think so much for us. We will always be with you.”


“Prince… thank you!” Although Silvia was not someone who was easily touched, when she was in a hopeless situation, these good brothers rushed to support her immediately instead of abandoning her. She was grateful for them.


Compared to her relatives in the Turner family, Prince, Lemur, and the group of buddies Silvia had were more like her true family. After her father’s accident, they had been by her side and never left her alone. 


……..


“Young Master, are you really letting Miss Turner go just like that?” Simon thought that he knew his Master very well, but recently, he realized that he had been mistaken. He really couldn’t understand Andrew at all.






CHAPTER 1059




In front of the large French windows, Andrew looked at the car that was driving farther away quietly. It was not until Silvia’s car was out of his sight that he said, “Get the driver.” 


“Young Master, are you going out?” Simon was the one in charge of arranging Andrew's schedule. He was very clear that Andrew did not have any appointments today. Andrew, who had never gone out apart from work matters, was planning to go out?!


Simon didn’t quite believe his own ears. For a moment, he thought that he was hallucinating. He asked Andrew with such a surprised tone.


Andrew glanced at him and asked, “Do I need your approval to go out?”


Simon smiled awkwardly and said, “No, no… I didn’t mean that. Young Master, if you want to go out, I’ll arrange it right away.”


After Simon left, Andrew looked in the direction where Silvia’s car drove off. He looked at her with a little more tenderness in his eyes.


He was reminded of that special girl whom he could not get. When he thought of her, his heart softened a little inexplicably. However, in a short period of time, his eyes became gloomy, as if he came from hell, which gave people goosebumps.


Because the girl he thought of was about to get married with her beloved man.


The wedding of the eldest daughter of Shengtian Corporation Inc was absolutely a sensational event. Even without paying special attention to it, the news reached him.


In the past three years, he didn’t pay much attention to anything regarding the Carter family and Shengtian Corporation Inc. However, Shengtian was a big corporation and the Carters were an influential family nonetheless. Everyone knew about them and would discuss their affairs. It was impossible to not hear anything about them.


The Carter family!


Shengtian Corporation Inc!


Three years ago, Andrew made up his mind to leave the Carters in secret, and to cut off all ties with them. He wanted to start his own business based on his own capabilities. He wanted to let Janell Joy know that he was not a parasite to the Carter family. He could create a success of his own even if he left the Carter family.


It only took him three years to become a big business tycoon and a financial magnate. Andrew had fame, wealth, and status. However, he was not as satisfied and happy as he expected.


His heart was empty as if there was a void within him. Every time he thought of anything related to the Carter family, his heart would ache a little.


Three years, more than a thousand days and nights later, Andrew thought that he had forgotten about Janell Joy. However, she was like a deep wound in his heart. From time to time, he would feel a sharp pain in his heart, reminding him that there was a girl whom he missed dearly.


…..


The previous day, there had been heavy rain. Despite the rain, the weather felt even hotter than before. The city was approaching 40 degrees today in this scorching heat.


Fortunately, the air conditioner in the car was cooling enough. Silvia was stuck in her car due to the heavy traffic, and she was worried she would be roasted alive in this scorching heat.


“What happened ahead?” Silvia looked at her watch anxiously. She was stuck in the traffic jam for more than half an hour, and the car barely moved.


“Miss Turner, there’s an accident involving five cars, and it’s a few miles ahead of us. At present, traffic police are clearing the road, but we don’t know when it would be totally cleared.”


“No idea when it will be cleared?” Silvia was so anxious that she scratched her head and looked around. They were really stuck and couldn’t move at all.


Judging by the current situation, if they continued to wait, the press conference hosted by the devilish Norman would have been over when they arrived at the company. Then, there wouldn’t be much that she could do.


Silvia opened the car door and got off the car. She took out her mobile phone and dialed a number. “Prince, I am stuck in traffic. I will send you the location, please pick me up on your motorcycle.”


“Boss, wait for me. I’ll be there right away. As long as Lemur and I are here, we’ll get you to the office before the press conference!” Prince replied promptly. 


“Okay, I’ll wait for you to arrive!” Silvia was grateful. Their friendship had not been in vain throughout these years. At this critical moment, they were working very hard for her. 


“Miss Turner, please get in the car and wait. It’s dangerous to wait outside the car.” Silvia had just gotten off the car, and the bodyguards who followed her were asking her to get in the car again.


On the surface, the men following Silvia around were tasked to protect her and keep her safe. But in fact, Silvia knew that their primary job was to monitor her actions on Andrew's behalf.


Andrew spent a huge sum of money to purchase Silvia from the black market, and she had signed an extremely unfair contract with him.


She could only endure being under surveillance. Silvia looked at the deteriorating traffic and said, “Don’t worry, I won’t run away. I have heard of how powerful Mr. Carter is in Madison City. I’m not a fool. How can I escape?”


“Miss Turner, you have a history of trying to escape” The bodyguards spoke with her bluntly.


“I said, you… your Master sent you to follow me and to protect my safety, but he didn’t ask you to treat me as a prisoner. If you dare to talk back to me and order me around, I will speak ill of you in front of your Master every day. In the end, you both would be the ones to suffer!” Of course, Silvia was just making this up. How could Andrew listen to Silvia whom he was so apprehensive about?


Silvia also realized that she did not think too much when she tried to run away yesterday. After she pieced the puzzles together, she knew she needed to be smarter.


Anyway, the powerful Andrew was willing to help her. Silvia decided to take the opportunity to take advantage of his power and complete her initial plans.


On one hand, she could use his power to protect her personal safety. On the other hand, Andrew could help her defeat the people in her family. No matter what, Silvia would not suffer losses from signing this contract.


The two bodyguards looked at each other and decided to shut up in front of the sharp-tongued Silvia. After all, this woman received special treatment from their Master, so it was better not to provoke her.


“That’s right! Let me be,” Silvia was a little proud of her successful scheme. 


Not long after, a unique motorcycle rushed over and dashed quickly between the cars. Silvia saw Prince from a distance.


She waved to him, and Prince caught sight of her. He sped up and drove to her side. He braked just in time, and the motorcycle stopped in front of her steadily.


Prince looked at Silvia, who was surrounded by two strangers, and asked worriedly, “Boss, who are they?”


Silvia said, “These are my new underlings. I heard that they have been trained in martial arts. They can take on around five men each. They are very strong.”


As he heard Silvia praising them like this, Prince was so excited that his eyes widened. “Boss, where did you find such treasures?”


Seeing the two burly bodyguards, Prince was drooling. He couldn’t wait to pounce on them!


Silvia patted on his back and said, “What are you looking at? Hurry up and get me to the office.”


“Okay, sure.” Prince handed the spare helmet to Silvia. “Boss, sit tight. I’ll get you there in ten minutes.”






CHAPTER 1060



“Miss Turner, you can’t leave on your own!” The two bodyguards stopped Reagan’s motorcycle from going forward. They didn’t intend to let Silvia leave.


Prince glared at the two bodyguards and said discontentedly, “She’s my boss. Be careful when you talk, or I’ll make you suffer… Hey, boss, you…”


“How could you pinch me?” Before he could finish his words, Prince closed his mouth immediately after receiving Silvia’s warning look.


He looked at them again and found that the situation seemed to be a little different from what he had expected. These two people didn’t seem to be following his boss around out of loyalty. Instead, they seemed to be monitoring her.


Monitoring her?


What exactly had she been through in the past few days?


Why would someone send men to keep tabs on her? Prince couldn’t understand. He looked at Silvia again, only to see her winking at him and signalling him not to ask anything. 


She wanted him to play along. After exchanging meaningful looks with Prince, Silvia took out her mobile phone and dialed a number. She smiled and said, “Hello, Mr. Carter. Your men are stopping me from dealing with my personal affairs. What do you think we should do? Oh, you want them to answer the phone?”


She stroked her long dark hair gently and said with a chuckle, “Oh, okay, please wait, I’ll pass the phone to them right away.”


Silvia reached out and handed the mobile phone to the bodyguards. “Hey, Mr. Carter asked to speak to you.”


The two bodyguards didn’t believe it. They hesitated and didn’t reach out to take the phone. “You don’t want to answer the phone, do you? Then I’ll tell him that you don’t even want to listen to his orders.” 


Silvia was about to take back the phone, but a bodyguard quickly reached out and took the phone.


Just as the bodyguard grabbed the phone, Prince accelerated immediately, and the motorcycle dashed.forward quickly, leaving those people far behind. 


“We were fooled. Chase them.” The two bodyguards were good at martial arts, but they couldn’t move their car due to the traffic now. Their legs couldn’t run faster than the motorcycle. They could only watch Silvia getting farther and farther away from them.


Seeing that she had gotten rid of the bodyguards, Silvia breathed a sigh of relief and said, “Prince, for the sake of safety, please slow down.” 


Prince slowed down and looked at Silvia from the rear-view mirror of the motorcycle. He saw that she didn’t look too happy. “Boss, who are those two people?” 


Silvia patted him on the shoulder and said, “Focus on driving. Don’t ask so much.”


Prince said, “Boss, I’m just asking because I’m genuinely worried. I wouldn’t care if it’s about someone else.”


Silvia brushed his concerns off, “Don’t talk so much. Update me about the press conference.”


Prince replied, “When I sent Lemur over earlier, the reporters were still waiting outside. It’s been quite some time now, so I guess that the reporters have entered.”


Silvia bit her lip and a vicious look flashed in her eyes. “Hurry up. We can’t let that bastard Norman succeed his evil antics!”


He answered obediently, “Yes.”


The motorcycle sped up again, leaving the multitude of cars on the road behind.


At Wateria Corporation.


Although Wateria Corporation was not as large as Mr. Carter's business, it is still well-known in Madison City. On that day, there was a press conference, and a lot of reporters had been waiting in line at the gate.


Lemur blended in with a group of reporters, and he was looking around anxiously. After a long wait, he finally saw them.


He rushed to the front of the motorcycle and said hurriedly, “Boss, you’re finally here.”


Silvia got off the motorcycle nimbly and asked, “Lemur, the reporters haven’t entered yet. Is the press conference over?”


Lemur reported on the situation immediately. “Well, Norman invited the reporters, but they have been waiting outside for more than an hour now. They haven’t allowed anyone in yet. I don’t know what is happening there.” 


Silvia was puzzled. “Norman invited the reporters, but he stopped the reporters from entering. What kind of tricks does he want to play?”


Norman did not have any moral integrity, and he also had a cunning mind. At this moment, Silvia could not guess what he was going to do. 


Buzz! Buzz!


Prince's  phone suddenly rang. He took out his mobile phone and looked at the screen. It was an unknown phone number. Just as he was about to reject the call, Silvia saw the number and said, “Prince, don’t do that. Give me your mobile phone.”


Prince handed the phone to Silvia and asked, “Boss, do you know this phone number?”


Silvia nodded and picked up the phone at the same time. “Norman, what are you trying to do?”


Norman smiled gloomily and treacherously. “Silvia, your mother missed you, so she specifically recorded a video and asked me to send it to you.”


Silvia sneered and said, “Norman, stop pretending. Just tell me what you want to do.”


Norman added, “I’ve sent the video to this mobile phone. Open it and have a look. As for what I want to do, you should know it clearly by now. I want all of Wateria Corporation’s shares!”


Silvia chuckled and said, “Norman, you’d better dream on. I’m warning you, as long as I’m alive, I’ll never let your evil plans succeed.”


“Silvia, don’t be so sure. Take a look at the video first and call me after that. I’ll be waiting for your reply!” After that, Norman hung up again


“Boss, what did Norman say?” Prince and Lemur asked at the same time, but Silvia was not in the mood to answer them. She immediately clicked on the video that she just received


In the video, her mother was tied to a chair with her hair in a mess. Blood could be seen on the corners of her mouth. In the video, there was a man who asked her, “As long as you call your daughter to persuade her to give up the inheritance of Wateria Corporation, we will give you a good sum of money to ensure that you and your daughter will live a good life in future.”


Mrs. Turner sneered and spat on the man’s face. “My husband and I worked hard to build Wateria Corporation. No matter how much Norman offers, I won’t sell it.”


The man raised his hand and slapped Mrs. Turner’s face. “You old woman! Why are you making life hard for yourself? Let’s see how long you can keep up with this."


Then, the video ended abruptly. Silvia’s heart trembled like it had been sliced by a knife. If she could, she would have jumped into the video to rescue her poor mother.


Silvia knew that Norman was threatening her with her mother’s life. If Silvia messed around today, Norman would definitely harm her mother.


Prince and Lemur had also watched the video. They were worried and asked Silvia, “Boss, your mother is in their hands. Her life could be in danger at any time. What should we do now?”


Silvia took a deep breath and said, “You two wait here. I’ll meet Norman alone. That b*stard!”



No comments:

Post a Comment