Friday, September 25, 2020

LM CHAPTERS 841 - 845

LM 

CHAPTERS 841 - 845






841




"Yes! This is how I show my love for her." Old Mr. Silas spoke confidently, "I want her to marry you, have her raise your kids, and have her become the most distinguished woman in this country...What's wrong if I do that?"


"You're obviously trying to fulfil your own dream." Nathaniel Cooper retorted in a deep voice. "You've never thought about what she wants. Don't you know what kind of life can make her happy?"


"Nathaniel, what do you know?" Old Mr. Silas stomped his crutch down and said angrily, "Don't think that you know everything just because you're the President. Let me tell you, when I fought the war with your grandfather and the others those years, you will never know our struggles."


Nathaniel smirked and said coldly, "Since you have made it clear, I will tell you this honestly. I will save Serene, and I will never let anything happen to her."


"You will never let anything happen to her? Do you want to bet on that with your President status?" Old Mr. Silas sneered. "Would you dare to,nNathaniel?"


"Old Master, the outside world has changed a long time ago... The world is far from the era when you were bossing around the country as a king." Nathaniel calmly told him the truth. "Now, I am in

charge of this country. If I can't even save a person, then I, as the President, will not be worthy of this title anymore."


After all, Old Mr. Silas was the only relative Serene had left. Nathaniel didn't want to confront him head-on and was willing to take a step back first. However, Old Mr. Silas didn't want to compromise and insisted on forcing him to take action. Well, then he couldn't blame Nathaniel for being ruthless anymore.


Old Mr. Silas chuckled, "So you can do whatever you want just because you're in charge of this country? You can disregard people's lives?"


"Before I came here, I had already sent people to compile evidence of Elijah's crimes." Nathaniel raised his hand and looked at the time, then he added, "If I give the order, the news about him will immediately spread all over the world, and I am afraid that it will damage the Silas family's reputation. Old Master, please consider if your family's reputation is more important, or someone else's?"


"Are you threatening me?" Old Mr. Silas stamped his walking stick down. He was so angry that he glared at him. "Nathaniel, I'll put it out there first, if you won't marry Serene, I'd rather watch her die."


"Why are you so stubborn? Since you love her so much, why don't you let her live the life she wants with her beloved one? Isn't that better?" Nathaniel tried to understand what Old Mr. Silas was thinking, but he didn't expect that he was so stubborn and wouldn't listen to another's advice.


"Beloved one? Love?" Old Mr. Silas sneered, "Nathaniel, you are the President of the country, don't tell me that you're that naive to believe in true love?"


"Isn't there?" Nathaniel asked. He wasn't naive, but some people did show him that true love existed. 


Wasn't Janell Joy's parents the best example that he knew of? 


The two of them understood each other and cared about each other well. One could tell what the other was thinking with just one look. These small and warm details were the love that Nathaniel believed in,


Old Mr. Silas looked at Nathaniel thoroughly. "I'm really surprised to hear such words from a person who can even harm his own brother."


Nathaniel smiled and kept quiet. He had never said that he was a kind person. He would never show mercy when he had to deal with his enemies. 


Brother? Nathaniel had never thought that the person who plotted against him again and again and even almost killed him, was his own brother. They framed him and fortunately, he escaped from death. He seized the opportunity to fight back. If he didn't kill them all at once, was he going to leave an opportunity for them to frame him again?


"Anyway, I can't live too long. I don't want Serene to live alone in this world without any support. One day, she will understand that love means nothing. Only money and status can give her live a better life." Old Mr. Silas suddenly commented.


It didn't matter if others accused him of wanting to fulfil his dream or that he was selfish, he just wanted the best for his granddaughter. Serene was the descendant of the Silas family and the daughter of his favorite youngest son. 


After the unexpected death of his son and daughter-in-law, he raised her since young. His love for her was deeper than any other child in the Silas family. He could even sacrifice the life of another for her happiness.


"Since you've made up your mind, Old Master, there's no need for us to continue the discussion anymore." Nathaniel nodded politely at Old Mr. Silas. "I'll have to go."


As soon as he turned around, he saw Serene standing behind them. She was originally detained elsewhere. She looked at Old Master Silas with tears in her eyes. Nathaniel was a little surprised. "Serene, you..."


Old Mr. Silas also looked back. When he saw Serene standing in front of him, his face appeared very upset. "Serene, when did you arrive here?"


"Grandpa..." Serene clenched her fists and she wanted to say something. After hesitating for a long time, she asked, "Was it really you?"


"Serene, what are you talking about? I don't understand." Old Mr. Silas was still trying to deceive her. Maybe Serene hadn't heard their entire conversation.


"Grandpa, you ordered your men to kill my child, right?" He acted like he was confused, but Serene asked clearly.


Serene asked in a very light tone, and her tone was still as gentle as usual. If you didn't see the tears all over her face, you couldn't tell from her tone that she was asking such a serious question.


Seeing that the matter had been revealed, Old Mr. Silas let out a long sigh and said, "I did this for your own good."


"For my own good? To let someone kill the child in my womb for my own good? To break up the relationship between me and the person I like for my good? Hahaha..." Serene laughed crazily. "You say that it's for my own good everyday, for my own good... But have you ever really considered my feelings?"


"Serene, stop it! You should go now. You don't have the right to speak here." The Old Master Silas used his role as the head of the family and said harshly.


"Grandpa, I'll ask you for the last time. Have you ever thought about me? Even just a second." Serene pursed her lips and waited for Old Master Silas' answer.


Old Master Silas didn't say anything. His silence was like a huge hammer that completely shattered the warmth in Serene's heart.


"Grandpa, thank you for raising me all these years." She raised her lips slightly and showed a sad yet beautiful smile.


Old Master Silas was speechless. Before Old Master Silas could say anything, Serene slammed her head against the wall next to her. She did it so quickly that when Nathaniel noticed what she wanted to do, she had already hit the wall. 


Warm blood flowed down her forehead like a blooming poppy.








842




Just after one morning lesson, Janell Joy Carter had deeply realized how difficult it was to be a teacher. A teacher had to deal with dozens of students at the same time. They really need a lot of patience. 


She massaged her stiff legs and rubbed her sore waist... Although it was very tiring, she had never thought of giving up.


"Sister Karen Joy, this is for you." The petite girl whose name was Linda Leopold rushed into the temporary office and gave a box of milk to Janell Joy.


Janell Joy was surprised, "Linda, is this for me?"


"Yes, Sister Janell Joy, thank you for your hard work. This is for you." Linda nodded and said with a red face.


The children could see through their teacher's intention. If the teacher was good to them, they would express their love and gratitude to the teacher bravely.


"Linda, I'm very happy, but I can't drink this. You'd.better keep it for yourself." Janell Joy returned the milk to Linda.


"Sister Janell Joy... Are you looking down on me?" Linda took the milk and lowered her head in disappointment, and tears welled up in her eyes.


"Linda, why would you think so? How could I look down on you?" Janell Joy reached out to stroke her head and said, "I didn't take it because I just finished my meal and my stomach is still full. Also, you are still a child, at this age, you must have enough nutrition so that when you grow up, you can grow taller and more beautiful in the future."


"Really?" Linda asked skeptically.


"Of course it's true." Janell Joy stood up and turned around. "You see, I'm already so tall. I don't need to grow anymore."


"Okay, I know now. Thank you, Sister Janell Joy!" Linda rubbed her eyes and raised her head high to give Janell Joy a big bright smile.


No matter how hard and tiring the job was, when she saw the children's smiling faces and felt their love for her, she would instantly feel energetic.


"Little Jar, someone is waiting for you outside. He wants you to go out for a while." Someone shouted outside the door. This was the most common way they greeted people at the disaster area. A lot of people were shouting around.


"Someone is here for me?" Did Brother Lucas came looking for her again? Janell Joy felt happy in her heart as she turned around and ran out.


But... the person who was looking for her was not the Brother Lucas she missed, it was Blake White, one of the twins in the White family.


The two brothers looked almost identical, and Janell Joy only saw them once. It would be hard to tell the twins apart, but Janell Joy could recognize him at a glance.


She glanced at the serious-looking man in front of her and waved her hand in front of him. "Mr. Blake, you look so serious. Did something serious happen?"


Blake was quite surprised that Janell Joy address him correctly, but he still said calmly, "Miss, Chairman Carter entrusted you to the three of us to take care of you before leaving Coast City, so we should be responsible for your safety all the time."


Janell Joy raised her eyebrows and asked, "Did you come here to tell me this?" 


She could protect herself, and she didn't need anyone else to protect her. Her father underestimated her. Did he really think that she was a three year old child?


Blake nodded and said, "Yes, but not just that."


Janell Joy asked, "Is there anything else?"


Blake took out a photo from a folder and handed it to Janell Joy. Then he said, "Something has happened to the Silas family, and Miss Silas is in trouble."


"Miss Silas? Serene? How could it be?" Janell Joy took the photo and saw Serene and a strange man in the photo. The man was in a pool of blood. Serene sat next to him with a blood-stained stone in her hand.


Janell Joy was extremely surprised. "She... she killed someone?"


Blake nodded, "Yes."


Janell Joy asked with a serious expression, "Are you sure she killed him?"


A person would never kill another for no reason. To kill a person, no matter what, there must be a motive. What kind of person could make Serene, who was so sweet, gentle, and very considerate, to kill him?


Janell Joy had only seen Serene twice. She didn't know much about the people and things around her and didn't know Serene's true character. So she really couldn't figure out why Serene wanted to kill him.


Blake added, "I can be 100% sure that Miss Serene is the murderer. Not only is there a photo to prove it, but the Silas family's surveillance camera has also captured the whole process."


"The surveillance captured Serene's murder process?" Janell Joy thought for a while and calmly analyzed, "In this case, Serene must have had a sudden intention to kill, or she killed by mistake. If she had been planning for a long time, she would never have made such a bad mistake."


Listening to Janell Joy's analysis, Blake nodded his head in agreement and said, "After listening to you, Miss, I have also thought of a suspicion."


Janell Joy asked, "What's the suspicion?"


Blake took out his phone and clicked on a video. "Miss, look at the angle of this camera. Is it a coincidence? It seems that they knew in advance that she will carry out the murder there."


Janell Joy looked at it once, but she did not see anything unusual. She said again, "Can you replay it? I want to listen to what they were talking about clearly."


Blake clicked on the replay and said, "It was quite far, you can't hear what they were talking about."


Janell Joy watched the video again. The more she watched, the more she felt that Blake was right. There was something wrong with the angle of the camera. It was not like a footage that came from a fixed camera, because there was an angle change. 


In other words, it was very likely that someone had witnessed Serene's murder, but the person did not stop her.


Janell Joy asked again, "Do you know what the reason was?"


Blake replied, "At present, the news we learned is that Miss Silas was very agitated and got triggered, and it was considered as manslaughter. We don't know what the actual situation was."


Janell Joy bit her lip and she was a little worried. "Miss Silas and Mr. President have countless ties. Please help me keep an eye on them. If there is any movements, please let me know immediately."


Blake said, "Don't worry. Brock is watching over there. If there is any new information, he will inform us immediately."


Janell Joy suddenly asked, "Blake, can you do me a favor?"


Blake responded respectfully, "What would that be?"


"Look, I am alone in Country A. No one knows me, and no one will want to do anything to me. I am living a good life by myself. It seems that I don't need your protection..." Janell Joy looked at Blake and smiled, looking innocently.


Her voice was soft and sweet. "Can you help me keep an eye on Mr. President and protect him silently?"







843




"Miss, you worry too much about him. There are too many people around Mr. President who will protect him. There is no need for us," Blake White said.


"There are a lot of people protecting him, but I also want to contribute a little." Janell Joy Kyle smiled and added, "Brother Blake, you will help me right?"


Brother Lucas was always in the open, the people who wanted to frame him were in the dark. As the saying goes, it is easy to dodge an open spear thrust, but difficult to guard against an arrow in the dark.


Brother Lucas was in the most conspicuous position. His every move was watched by the whole country, and those who wanted to pull him down naturally kept a close eye on him.


What if... one day, his men made a mistake in guarding him and those people could take advantage of it, and he got hurt? What should she do then?


If she had arranged for someone to protect Brother Lucas by his side, even if his bodyguards were careless, there would still be strength in the dark, those who wanted to defeat him wouldn't be able to do it so easily.


Blake was in a dilemma. "Miss, our job is to protect you."


Janell Joy smiled and said, "My father asked you to protect me, right? Then he must have asked you to listen to me too." Blake nodded. 


Janell Joy added, "Then I'm arranging for you to protect Mr. President so that he won't get hurt. This is an order, not a discussion."


She appeared young, but when she was serious, she spoke like a wise adult. She had been in the Carter family since she was a child, and she was always with her father, so she learned this trick from her father.


Blake didn't dare to refute her anymore, he answered obediently, "Yes."


Janell Joy smiled, "Brother Blake, thank you! When I get back from the disaster area, I'll treat you to a meal."


Blake still had a serious look on his face. "This is my responsibility."


Janell Joy smiled and said, "You are not much older than me. Don't be so serious in front of me. Be happy. Otherwise, you won't find a girlfriend in future."


Blake's face flushed red unconsciously. "Then I'll head off first. Miss, if you have any orders, you can contact us at any time."


"Okay." Janell Joy nodded and suddenly thought of something, "Blake, you should pay close attention to what happened to Miss Silas. Please help if you can."


Blake said, "Miss, don't worry. With the help of Mr. President, he won't let Miss Silas get into trouble."


"Yeah." How could she forget that Serene was Brother Lucas's fiance? Even if it was only by name, Brother Lucas would not leave her in the dark.


But why did Brother Lucas get engaged to Serene? Janell Joy still couldn't figure it out.


……..



"Little Jar, tomorrow night, the country's cultural department will be organizing a party to lift up the spirits of the villagers and the workers at the disaster area. Burly and I are going to perform a sketch. Do you want to participate? Or you can do something else." 


Yaya walked into the tent with a bucket of water. Janell Joy was soaking her feet in warm water, so Yaya sat beside Janell Joy and asked as she took off her shoes.


"I want to participate. I can't miss out on such a happy event." Janell Joy sighed comfortably as she could have her short rest.


In the past, when she was at home, she could use hot water as she wished. She had never expected how happy she would be when she finally had warm water for her feet.


"We've performed this sketch before. And we are familiar, what we'll do..." Yaya thought for a moment and added, "Let me think about it again and try to add another role."


"Sister Yaya, in that case, don't change it. I'll prepare a program by myself." When Janell Joy was in school, she was very active in the arts department. This was a piece of cake.


"Then what are you going to perform?" Yaya asked curiously.


"Sister Yaya, should I tell you?"


"Little girl, if you want to keep this a secret from me, be careful that I will take revenge on you by marrying your brother."


"Sister Yaya, don't forget, you don't know each other yet. If you don't behave yourself, I won't introduce you to each other."


"My sister-in-law, I am wrong. It's my fault. Please.don't shut me away from him."


"Mm, serve your future sister-in-law well, then you will have a better life when you marry him in the future."


Yaya rushed to Janell Joy's side and massaged her back. "Sister-in-law, is this comfortable?"


"Not bad. Keep working hard..."


Buzz...


A while later, her phone rang. She picked it up and looked at it. "Sister Yaya, your future husband is calling."


"Really?" Yaya blushed and even her breath stopped for a moment, as if the man she met only once had really become her husband.


Janell Joy answered, and Andrew Carter's voice sounded, "Blake told you what happened to the Silas family, didn't he?"


"Yes, he did." Janell Joy said in a serious tone.


Andrew added, "I have some new information here. Do you want to hear it?"


"If you want to say it, just say it. Don't keep me guessing." Didn't he call her to tell her about it? Why was he beating around the bush? This person was so annoying.


Andrew said, "They found something in Serene's urine test, she tested positive for a sort of drug that causes symptoms of uncontrollable mania."


Janell Joy pursed her lips and thought for a moment, and then she concluded, "So, someone deliberately caused this incident?"


Andrew said, "You can put it that way."


Janell Joy added, "But what does it have to do with me?"


Andrew smiled and said, "How can it have nothing to do with you? If Serene is dead, you can be with your Brother Lucas publicly."


Janell Joy said, "I've never thought this way before."


Andrew continued, "But someone else will."


Janell Joy asked, "Who?"


Andrew said, "I don't know who, but I believe someone will investigate you soon."


Janell Joy added, "I didn't do anything, so I'm not afraid of being investigated."


Andrew was slightly mad. "Janell Joy, I thought that you are not that naive anymore."


"I know. I will be careful. If I haven't done anything bad, others can't slander me." Janell Joy understood that even if she didn't do anything, a long as there was someone who wanted to frame her badly, then they could create evidence that she set Serene up.


Although she was far away from the city and at the disaster area, and it was impossible for her to personally attack Serene, she still had people around her. 


In other people's eyes, they could say that she ordered them to do it. She wanted to be with Brother Lucas, and Serene was the biggest obstacle between them. 


After getting rid of Serene, she could be with Brother Lucas publicly. Hence, she would really have a motive to kill.


Coincidentally, she went to the disaster area just before Serene's accident, and she had met Serene before she left. All of this could show that she was probably trying to create an alibi.







844




"Little Jar, did something happen at home?"


After Janell Joy Carter hung up the phone, she did not say another word, so Yaya was a little worried.


"Nope." Janell Joy got under the quilt and wrapped herself tightly, thinking about Serene.Silas. 


Brother Lucas didn't reconcile with her in public. Only a few people knew about their relationship, and even Brother Lucas didn't know that she knew of his identity. Then who would put the blame of Serene's murder on her?


Aaron Paul? Dominic Cooper?


The two people knew of her identity and the countless connections between her and Brother Lucas. They even tried to use means to stop her from being with Brother Lucas.


Could they be the mastermind behind this matter? 


Although they didn't want her to be with Brother Lucas, they were still loyal to him. They wouldn't frame her in such a stupid way.


Janell Joy quickly dismissed these two people. Who else could it be? 


She didn't know enough about the people around Brother Lucas, so she couldn't think of the next person who might frame her.


After thinking about it, Janell Joy was still worried. She picked up her phone and called Nathaniel Cooper, but he didn't answer the phone after calling several times.


Why didn't Brother Lucas answer her phone? Did something happen to him? Janell Joy sat up. She even frightened Yaya who was sleeping soundly in the other bed, and she also sat up.


She rubbed her sleepy eyes and asked, "Little Jar, what's wrong?"


"Sister Yaya, I have to go back to Coast City." No, she must be at Brother Lucas' side. Only if she saw with her own eyes that he was fine that she could rest assured.


"Little Jar, it's so late already. It's very dark outside. You'd better go back tomorrow morning." Yaya spoke concerningly.


"I have to go back right now." Janell Joy quickly put on her coat. At this time, Brother Lucas' phone call came. 


Seeing Brother Lucas' call, Janell Joy's body trembled. When she slid over the screen to answer it, her fingers were trembling slightly too. 


"Brother Lucas, are you... okay?" She was so scared and afraid that something bad would happen to him.


"Janell, come out." Brother Lucas' voice came from the phone and he whispered softly.


"Okay, are you outside?" she asked softly. Walking out of the tent, Janell Joy looked up and saw a person. He was wearing a set of casual clothes, standing still under the moonlight. 


The moonlight shone on his body, and his shadow looked very long, like he was a God that descended from heaven.


"Brother Lucas..." Janell Joy ran to him as if she was flying and threw herself into his arms.


He held her tightly with one of his arms. He lowered his head and kissed her forehead. "Janell, did you miss me?"


"Yes, I missed you very much." She wiggled in his arms and said softly, "I couldn't even sleep well because I missed you so much."


"Me too," he said calmly. His voice was deep and pleasant


"By the way, Brother Lucas, how did you find the time to come here?" After such a big thing happened to Serene, shouldn't he be busy? How could he still have time to come to the disaster area?


"Because I miss you." There were indeed a lot of things that Nathaniel had to deal with, but nothing was more important than confirming that she was safe every day.


"Brother Lucas..." Janell Joy raised her head from his arms and looked at his well-defined features under the moonlight. She couldn't help but to tiptoe and kissed him.


"Janell..." Nathaniel felt a ripple in his heart. He put his arm around her waist and kissed her back. The kiss lasted for a long time. 


Looking at Janell Joy's pink lips, Nathaniel lowered his head and pecked on her again. Then he took her into his arms and muttered, "Janell."


"Brother Lucas..."


"Mm?" Nathaniel said.


"I have a crush on a person." She said with some hesitation.


Nathaniel's body stiffened slightly. Subconsciously, he hugged her even tighter. "Janell, you can't say something I don't want to hear."


He didn't want to hear that she had fallen for someone else, even if that person was Nathaniel. 


She was his. He was Brother Lucas in front of her, not Nathaniel.


"Don't you want to know who I have a crush on?" What was Brother Lucas afraid of? Did he think that she fell for someone else?


"No, I don't." Nathaniel said in a low voice.


"But I want to tell you." She blinked her eyes.


Under the moonlight, her eyes were crystal clear, as if she had the galaxy in her eyes. Nathaniel just looked at her silently.


Just as he was in a daze, she said, "I like your President. Nathaniel Cooper." Nathaniel did not want to hear that.


He felt as if there was a huge stone coming at him, almost crushing his rational brain. Unconsciously, he tightened his grip on her hand.


"Ouch. Don't pinch me!" She was already stating the obvious. Wasn't he willing to confess to her?


"Brother Lucas, just tell the truth. Tell me that you are Nathaniel, and let me be with you as you deal with those who want to hurt you." Janell Joy thought to herself.


She was shouting in her heart. She was waiting for him to tell her.


This time, what she waited for still didn't happen. He slowly let go of her hand and took a step back. Suddenly, he smiled and said, "I'm sorry! I didn't realize that I held you too tight."


"What did you say? Say it again if you dare." Janell Joy couldn't believe her ears. If he dared to divert the topic again, she would ignore him for the rest of her life.


"Go back early to rest." He turned around and was about to leave.


"Brother Lucas... Oh wait, I should call you Mr. President." 


Janell Joy bit her lip and finally said out loud, sounding very hurt, "Nathaniel, i like you. I want to marry you. Do you understand that now?"


Nathaniel turned around and looked at her incredulously.


She added, "Do you think I'm still that four-year-old kid? Do you think I don't have the ability to figure it out? Do you think that I can't recognize my Brother Lucas? Let me tell you, I am no longer the child who doesn't know anything. I have grown up. I've come all the way to find my Brother Lucas, do you think I won't recognize you?"


"Even Aaron knew long ago that I have already recognized you. Why are you so stupid? Nathaniel, where did your intelligence go? Do you think I came to the disaster area just because I have too much time on my hands? Do you think I came to the disaster area because I had nothing to do? Let me tell you, if it weren't for you, I wouldn't have come at all."


"Let me tell you, I did these things all because of you. I love the children here, because they are all your people."


She was so angry that she said so much in one breath. She thought, if she didn't pierce through this tough layer, was he going to keep it from her until she died?


She did not understand. Was it not better for her to know his identity and have her to help him deal with the enemies together?








845




She finally said the words that were long hidden in her heart, and she didn't have to cover up anymore. Her heart instantly felt much more relaxed. 


Janell Joy Carter took a deep breath. She looked up at Nathaniel Cooper, hoping that he could respond to her. However, this man looked at her in a daze and remained speechless.


The look in his eyes was as if he didn't know her… Perhaps he didn't know much about her.


In his heart, he felt that she should be a child. Even if she had already grown up, she should be the lovely child she was before. The lovely child that would believe whatever he said, or the obedient and gentle child that would never speak to him loudly.


But today, she became fierce. She looked like a little angry beast. Little angry beast! Janell Joy felt that the description suited her.


"Was Brother Lucas frightened by my fierce look, and that he didn't like me anymore..." Janell Joy felt a little uneasy in her heart and looked at him with her big watery eyes.


"Brother Lucas..." She called out to him tentatively and carefully tugged the corner of his shirt. He didn't respond, but he still looked at her as if he didn't know her.


"Brother Lucas, why are you still standing there? Shouldn't you say something to me?" Janell Joy never knew that her Brother Lucas was so stupid. He was so stupid that she wanted to beat him and wake him up.


Nathaniel was still in a dazed look. He looked a little silly, but in a cute and funny way.


He went through so much to be the President, and he had seen everything by now. However, in front of Janell Joy, he was like a young boy who had just fell in love.


Janell Joy reached out to hold his waist and rubbed her little head against his chest. "Brother Lucas, say something. If you like me, just tell me. If you don't tell me right now, how would I know that you like me?"


Say something! Please!


He had been silent the whole time. She held him in her arms, but he didn't even hug her back. This made her very worried, didn't he know that?


"Janell..." After a long time, Nathaniel Cooper reached out and hugged her back, calling her name gently. 


When he finally spoke, Janell Joy silently breathed a sigh of relief. "Mm, I'm here. Just tell me what you want to say to me. I'm listening."


Just tell her everything that she needed to know, and she could be by his side to defeat the enemies together with him.


"Janell..." Her name came out from his mouth. It was gentle but it sounded somewhat helpless.


"Brother Lucas, don't just call my name. Say something else." She held his waist so tightly that she was afraid that he would escape.


She said it so clearly already. If he still denied everything... she swore that she would never talk to him again.


"I like you. I want you to be with me all the time." Nathaniel held her face gently, then he lowered his head and kissed her. "But it's too dangerous for you to be around me..."


Janell Joy interrupted him and said, "No 'buts', you like me, and I like you, and that's enough."


Nathaniel pushed her away slightly. He held her shoulders with both hands so that she could see his eyes. "Janell, listen to me. You cannot imagine how dangerous this is."


Janell Joy pursed her lips and said, "Brother Lucas, I understand what you are worried about. When I was very young, I was kidnapped more than once. At that time, I was still young, I needed your protection. Now that I've grown up, I can protect myself well, won't cause you any trouble."


He said that it would be dangerous to be around him, how could the daughter of Edwin Carter, the leader of Shengtian, not know about danger?


Besides Shengtian's business rivals who wanted to use her to defeat her father, even those gangsters would always want to kidnap her to threaten Edwin too.


Over the years, she had been surrounded by dangers and risks, but so what?


Just because it was dangerous to be the beloved daughter of the leader of Shengtian, should her parents abandon her? How could it be possible!


Her father and mother would never abandon her. They tried their best to protect her and have her grow up healthily, hence, she grew up fine as an adult.


Now that she came to Brother Lucas, she also hoped that Brother Lucas could be like her father and mother. She hoped that he wouldn't abandon her, but he would ask her to stay with him and face the storms together with him.


Her father often told her that there were many choices in life, but if she had made a choice, whether it was good or bad, as long as she persisted, she would definitely see things more clearly and have a better judgement.


The first choice she made in her life was to find Brother Lucas from tens of thousands of miles away.


"No one has ever thought of you as trouble." This silly girl, he was worried about her safety. He was worried that he could not protect her well. How could she think that she was trouble?


"Then that's enough." Janell Joy took his hand and held it with her tiny hand. "Brother Lucas, I'm giving myself to you today. You must hold me tight and never let me go. If you let go of me again in the future, you may never find me again."


Janell Joy's wish was very simple. Since she had found Brother Lucas, she didn't want to leave him. She wanted to accompany him and face the world together with him.


"Janell..." Nathaniel held her hand. Her hand was much smaller than his, so his palm could completely cover hers.


"Brother Lucas..." She blinked and looked at him with a smile.


"Janell..." He called her name again and again, as if he wanted to remember her name fondly in his heart.


"Brother Lucas, do you still want to push me away?" Janell Joy pulled her hand out of his palm and took two steps back.


"Janell!" Nathaniel reached out his hand to grab her. She dodged with quick reflex and took two steps back again, which made him feel empty.


Janell Joy said, "Brother Lucas, you can't catch me. How does it feel when you see me getting farther and farther away from you?"


Nathaniel did not answer her out loud. He felt as if a knife was piercing through his heart! But he didn't say anything.


"You don't want to say it?" This time, Janell Joy took three steps back, and the distance between them was getting further and further.


Nathaniel said, "Janell..."


"You're still not saying it?" This time, Janell Joy took four steps back.


Nathaniel looked at her and said again, "Janell..."


"Brother Lucas, you decided not to say anything right? Three strikes, you're out. You don't have any chances anymore." Janell Joy bit her lips tightly.


She looked at him slightly, then she turned around and left. However, as soon as she stepped forward this time, the man behind her came running to her like a tornado and hugged her. He kissed her earlobe and held her hand tightly.


"Janell, this time, I won't let go of you!"


No comments:

Post a Comment