Thursday, February 4, 2021

LM CHAPTERS 1411 - 1415

LM 

CHAPTERS 1411 - 1415







CHAPTER 1411 



"Andrew, don't tell me that you think I'm wrong?" Angela asked. Angela had always been very laid-back. She would do and say whatever she wanted. 


Andrew said helplessly, "You are right, Aunt Angela." 


Fortunately, there was still someone in their family who could control Angela. Otherwise, she would be extreme unruly! 


Rumor had it that the ladies decided to go on a 2 day holiday by themselves. The men from the Carter family were unhappy with the news after hearing it. 


Not even halfway through his dinner, Edwin had to excuse himself as he was busy with work. 


Jane sighed silently, "What a petty man. Even after all these years!" 


Victor was displeased as well. However, he could not be mad at Angela as she was even more hot tempered than him. Since he could not take her home and he refused to hold it back on his own, therefore he took Levi, who was planning to go with Angela, with him. 


"But, Dad, it was Mom who left you behind. It's not me. Why are you mad at me?" Levi complained. 


Victor replied, "Am I?" 


Levi stood up and said, "You took me away without my permission. I'm already a grown-up and I‘m not a child anymore, don't think you could do whatever you want to me. Additionally, I will be 12 years old next year!" 


"I don't care about you turning 12, you are still a child in my heart even if you are in your twenties," Victor replied. 


Levi grumbled, "All you do is bully me. Stop Mom from going if you can." 


"Brat, I haven't settled that incident with you last time. You'd better be honest with me," Victor said. 


Levi blinked, put on an innocent look, and said, "Dad, Mom has been arrogant and always bullied the both of us. Didn't you ever think of getting me a new mother?" 


Reaching out his hand, Victor put a slap to Levi's butt. "You little brat, trying to trap me, yeah? You're still too inexperienced." 


Levi remained silent. 


"Fine! Originally, I wanted to lay down some traps to prove that he is cheating but that didn't seem to work. However, he will reveal himself one day, and once I get hold of the evidence, he wouldn‘t dare to bully me again," Levi thought to himself. 


Edwin was furious, Victor left the table, and the only person left was Lucas who appeared calm and collected. Everyone thought that he was cool with Janell Joy leaving him behind for the trip. 


Ever since Silvia came to Jiangbei, Janell Joy had been staying at her parents' place and hadn't returned home in about 10 days. That day, Lucas was prepared to welcome her home, but who knew that he would receive news about his wife leaving him again for a vacation? 


"You're still the best, Lucas. You spoil me in every way possible, unlike Dad and Uncle Victor who pulled long faces," Janell Joy said happily while placing some food in his bowl. She thought to herself that Lucas was the most considerate out of all the men in the family. 


Lucas wanted to leave, but with the compliments from his wife, he managed to suppress his emotions and withhold his temper. 


"Lucas, this is your favorite dish. Have some.“ Janell Joy, not knowing what was going on in Lucas's head, happily served him some food. 


"Alright. You have some too." Lucas was able to endure it because he wanted her to be happy. 


"Thank you, Lucas." Janell Joy truly felt that Lucas was more considerate than her father and Uncle Victor. 


Lucas held it in throughout dinner. After the meal, he brought Janell Joy into her room. Slamming the door shut with his leg, he turned around and carried her, pressing her against the door. He then lowered his head and kissed her aggressively. 


That kiss was so sudden, which caught her off guard. She instinctively struggled, but she enjoyed it too. She liked it as long as the kisser was him, regardless of whether he was gentle or playing it rough. 


She hooked her arms around his neck and enthusiastically responded. As Lucas was trying to proceed further, Janell Joy let out a satisfied sigh and said, "Let's have a baby, Lucas." 


Previously, she wanted to have a child but Lucas was busy and had no time to take care of a child. Hence, she waited and waited until she got the green light from him. She would wait until he was ready. 


However, seeing Silvia having a sudden miscarriage, Janell Joy felt the urge to have a child, a child who belongs to both of them. She wanted to start a family with Lucas. 


Hearing her request, Lucas froze in place and looked at her with a deep gaze. 


"Can you do it? Can we have a baby?" Noticing his calm reaction, Janell Joy felt uneasy and couldn't help wrapping her arms tightly around him. “Lucas, why wouldn't you let me get pregnant?" 


"Janell Joy..." Lucas continued to kiss her and said, "I am really busy at the moment, let‘s talk about this next time. Besides, I am more than happy to have you around, and that's enough for me. It doesn't matter to me whether we have a child or not." 


"But, I want a child. Your child. Don't you want to have a child with me?“ she asked. She knew Lucas loved her very much, but she couldn't figure out why he would repeatedly reject her, always saying that he was busy with work. 


Janell Joy knew he had his reasons but she just couldn't understand. She was so dispirited that she was on the brink of tears. 


"Janell Joy... Don't cry..." It was not because of work that Lucas didn’t want a child. It was because his mother almost died giving birth to him. In addition to that trauma, Lucas was aware of many cases of death during labor and didn't want that to happen to Janell Joy. 


Since young, Janell Joy was always pampered by her family at home. He felt blessed just by being able to marry her. He only wanted to bring loads of happiness into her life, not sufferings. 


"Lucas, I'm begging you. I just want a baby." Janell Joy hugged him tightly and repeatedly rubbed against his chest. "Let's do it today. No contraceptives!" 


"Janell Joy..." 


"Lucas..." 


He didn't want a baby for her sake. However. if that went against her wishes and would make her sad, then what was the point of sticking to that? He told her, "Janell Joy, aren't you scared of giving birth? Carrying a baby to term is not easy." 


“No! I'm not afraid! I'm willing to suffer because you're the father!" She knew it would be tough to be pregnant and give birth later, but she was willing to go through all these for the man she loved, for the man who adored her. There was nothing else that could put fear in her. 







CHAPTER 1412 



"Janell Joy..." Lucas said. 


He grabbed her hands as he kissed her hair, her forehead, and her lips. Whenever he landed a kiss on her, he would call out her name and wait for her to reply. 


“Lucas..." she whispered. 


Janell Joy felt his passion and his deep love for her. His domineering kiss felt like he wanted to completely conquer her. Simultaneously, it was gentle enough to make her feel like the most precious treasure in the world. 


"Lucas, I love you so much!" Janell Joy had always expressed her feelings to him openly. She had loved this man for a long time, so long that her heart ached for him. 


After all those years of searching for him, she had finally found him. She must let him know just how much she loved him and wanted to be with him. 


"Janell Joy...“ Before he planted yet another kiss on her, he said, “Janell Joy, you're mine!" 


"Yes, Lucas, I'm yours. I belong to you alone. I‘ll be yours for the rest of my life." 


Her words made his heart feel an upsurge of emotion. "Janell Joy..." 


The night had just begun! 


Andrew had yet to inform his family about Silvia being his rightful wife. Hence, Silvia lived alone in the detached building in their manor. 


Andrew had been by her side in the hospital the past few days. That day, he wasn't around. She couldn't sleep at all as all she had been thinking about was the baby that they lost. 


"Dear baby, it was my fault that I didn't take good care of you, not giving you a chance to see the world. Will you blame me for it?" Silvia voiced as she gently touched her abdomen. There should have been a baby there, but she lost it due to her ignorance. 


She finally gave in. The tears she withheld for the past few days rolled down her cheeks. She bit her lips and said, "Dear baby, I am sorry. If I could, I would rewind time just so that you could be here with me again, be my child, be our child. I will protect you at all cost this time, and I will not let you suffer anymore.“ 


She meant it, but she was very clear that her baby won't hear everything she just said. She lost her first child. 


Hatred flashed in her eyes. She despised herself, she despised her recklessness. God gifted her with a precious child, and she failed to cherish it to the fullest. 


Amidst these thoughts, she forcefully slapped herself across the face. It was a lesson for the big mistake she made. 


Even though the Carter family treated people well and didn't blame her, she could not pretend that nothing happened and would have to shamelessly stay by Andrew's side for the rest of her life. 


Right then, she heard the turning sound of the doorknob. Silvia knew who it was without thinking. As she peeked from the corner of her eyes, she found Andrew sneaking into her room. 


His steps were light as feathers as he probably didn't want to wake her up. He sat down by her side and reached out to caress her forehead as he said, "Silvia..." 


"Hmm?" Silvia responded. 


"Why haven't you slept yet?" 


"I was waiting for you." 


"How did you know I was coming?" 


"I didn't know, but I knew you would miss me.” Silvia gripped his hand and held it near her face. 


"Andrew, I want you to hug me to sleep." 


"Sure." Crawling into her bed, Andrew held her in his embrace and said, "Let's sleep. You still have a vacation tomorrow with your aunts." 


"Can you bear not having me by your side while I go along with them?" Silvia cuddled up close to him. She felt comfortable and warm with him around. 


"What can I do? Lock you up at home?" Andrew tapped her forehead. "Since the ladies of the family decided to go out and have fun, it will be nice for you to join them. Just enjoy and don't think about anything else." 


"Andrew, have the ladies never left their husbands behind and went on a trip on their own before?" She could sense the tense atmosphere between the couples at the dinner table earlier that day. 


"Yes, the men were always worried about them going out alone, therefore the ladies never had such a request before. That was why it was such a shocker when they decided to go on a vacation without their husbands." Even the man who treasured Janell Joy was mad about it. Their decision was definitely surprising for the men. 


"I think they looked cute when they were angry, especially Lucas, who tried to suppress his anger in front of Janell Joy." Everyone was immersed in their own thoughts at the table that day, and Silvia took the chance to observe and analyze them. 


"He really adores Janell Joy." Whenever someone mentioned Lucas, Andrew would feel like stabbing Lucas immediately. But now, Andrew had let go of the past. He only hoped that Janell Joy would be happy, and did not mind who could make her happy. 


"Andrew, do you still think about her?" Silvia did not want to ask this question, but she thought it would keep her guessing if she did not get a clear answer from Andrew. 


"Janell Joy is my younger sister,“ he replied to her calmly. 


Silvia used to have doubts as she was not familiar with their relationship. As she gradually got to know them, she could tell that Andrew treated Janell Joy as a sister and nothing more. Furthermore, Janell Joy and Lucas were so in love, and Andrew was just irrelevant to them. 


Silvia asked Andrew that question just to feel at ease. 


"Andrew, Jiangbei is your home and your family is here. Are you still moving back to Madison City?" she asked. She always wanted to inquire after knowing a little bit more about the Carters, but she hadn't had the opportunity. Since they were on the topic, she decided to ask. 


"Silvia, wherever you are, that’s home for me." Silvia was nervously waiting for him to give her an answer, and she did not see that coming her way. 


Wherever she was, that place would be his home! 


How could someone like Andrew say such moving words? She was so touched. "Andrew, how are you so good with words?" 


"I..." Women were really troublesome. Andrew thought about that as he gently kissed her on the forehead. "You're my woman. That's why. Why are you crying over such a thing? You’re unlike the Silvia I know." 







CHAPTER 1413 



”You'll say I'm not the Silvia that you know whenever you despise me!" Silvia raised her head and glared fiercely at Andrew. Inexplicably, she started shedding tears. "Andrew, why aren't you scolding me? You should scold me whenever I do something wrong so that I would not repeat the same mistake." 


"What did you do wrong?" Andrew asked. What was wrong with her? Why couldn't Andrew see through her thoughts? Andrew wondered, feeling clueless about what he might have wrongly said that agitated her. 


"Andrew, I really did something wrong. Why can't you blame me for it?" Silvia didn't want to appear sad in front of him. However, she couldn't control her own emotions whenever Andrew treated her well. She thought that she should be punished for her wrongdoings, instead of assuming that everything's normal. 


"Silvia, what's wrong? Take your time, tell me everything," Andrew asked anxiously as he held her hand. 


"It was I who hurt myself after insisting to ride on that stupid roller coaster, but you took care of me at the hospital for so long and didn't get a good rest yourself. I'm discharged now, and you came all the way here to take care of me again. Just the thought of it makes me sad," she explained. Fortunately, Silvia managed to find a reasonable excuse that did not arouse his suspicion. 


"Silly!" Andrew caressed her head gently and said, "That was an accident, and you're the victim. It was everyone's fault but yours." 


"Andrew..." How could he be so kind? 


"The roller coaster incident is in the past, you should get over it. Sleep early so that you're ready for tomorrow's trip," Andrew comforted her patiently. 


“You didn't give me a clear answer a while ago. Are you going back to Madison City?" She didn't want to think about the child anymore as she was afraid that she might accidentally spill the truth. Hence, she tried to talk about another topic. 


"Of course," he replied. If it was because of his business, he wouldn't care to return as he had employees to take care of it. The ultimate reason was still Silvia. 


"I want to go back as well. I miss Mom, Prince, Lemur, and Audrey," Silvia said. It was the first time for her to leave home for such a long duration. 


The hospitable Carter family, the beautiful weather, and the delicious food in Jiangbei were certainly attractive, but it was still an unfamiliar city to Silvia, in which she wouldn't prefer to stay long-term. 


The weather in Jiangbei was pleasant and she wouldn't feel cold with just a layer of clothing on... Unlike Madison City, with its unpredictable weather, where Silvia had to cover herself in layers or freeze to death. However, she still preferred Madison City as she grew up there. 


Andrew said, "Silvia, how about spending New Year with me in Jiangbei this year? Then, we shall go back to Madison City where we will celebrate with your mother." 


"This is the first New Year after my dad's passing. For the past few years, the atmosphere at home wasn't festive. This year, without Dad and I, I'm afraid my Mom would feel lonely and miserable." Silvia blinked and looked at Andrew with pleading eyes. "Why don't you stay in Jiangbei  while I go back to Madison City to accompany my Mom? I will come back to be with you once New Year is over," she added. 


"I'll take care of this matter." Andrew had originally planned to invite his family and friends over for a short gathering after her vacation, where he'd officially introduce Silvia to them. 


Who knew that this girl was thinking of returning to Madison City? 


It seemed that he had to find another way to solve this matter. He wanted her to spend time with her mother, and also to introduce her to his family and friends. 


“Andrew, I'm really sorry to cause you more trouble again!“ She did not want to bring him trouble, but she could not bear to leave her mother alone at home. 


Silvia was her mother's only family member and support in the world at that moment. If she was to leave Mrs. Turner alone for such an important event, how would Mrs. Turner think? She would definitely be heartbroken. 


The next day. 


Everyone got up early, except Janell Joy, who kept pestering Lucas for a baby the night before. 


Lucas had not hugged his wife to sleep for the past couple of nights. He was quite excited the previous night, thus they were making love till midnight. Janell Joy ended up having wobbly legs the next morning. 


"Janell Joy, why don't you sleep for a bit longer?" Lucas blamed himself for not being considerate enough as he might have overdone it. But, he did not regret it. After all, Janell Joy was like a drug to him, causing him to be addicted to it once he had a taste. 


“Lucas, it‘s all because of you that I'm weak and in pain all over!" she replied. She knew she couldn't blame him for this as she, too, was enthusiastic the night before, which caused him to go all out. 


Lucas suggested, "Why don't I tell the ladies to go first? Then, I'll take you there in the afternoon." 


A thought flashed across her mind. "Lucas, are you doing this on purpose?" 


Lucas stammered, "Wh-what was on purpose?" 


She looked at him and said, “It's because you don't want me to go on a vacation alone, therefore you're trying to make me stay this way. I‘m simple-minded, hence I didn't expect you to pull these tricks on me to keep me here." 


"Janell Joy, l..." She was too smart. He rarely tricked her and for one time he did, she saw it coming. He felt so humiliated and ashamed. 


"Lucas, I forgive you since you didn't want to be separated from me. However, you must promise me that it won't happen again." Janell Joy never wanted to be mad at him, but a warning was necessary so that he wouldn't repeat it. 


"Alright." 


"Lucas, I can't go out in my current state. Tell Mom that I caught a mild cold and am currently resting after taking my medication. Let her know that you would send me over later in the afternoon!“ 


"Okay," Lucas responded but stood still. 


"Quick! Mom will come over later if you don’t go now."Judging from his silly look, she could tell that he had never done anything mischievous before. Otherwise, he wouldn't look so adorably stunned after having his ruse exposed. 


Edwin was very displeased with Jane leaving him behind for vacation. He hadn’t said a single word to her since the previous night. However, although he was angry, he still personally arranged a car for them after waking up in the morning. 


Jane got beside Edwin and pulled on his sleeve, asking, "Are you still mad at me?" 


The night before, he slept on the edge of the bed and was unwilling to get close to her. He would kick her away every time she tried to crawl closer to him! 







CHAPTER 1414 



"Chairman Carter, are you not going to talk to me?“ Jane asked. If she didn't know that he had a tendency to throw a temper, she wouldn't have taken the initiative to coax him. 


The thing with Edwin was that he would be angrier if Jane chose to ignore him when he was mad. 


Jane recalled an incident previously when she had no idea about what irritated Edwin. She didn‘t mind Edwin just as Edwin ignored her. His face was so sullen that it was quite frightening. 


"Edwin! Edwin Carter! Chairman Carter! Mr. Carter... You've ignored me the whole night. I will do the same to you if you continue acting this way," Jane warned him. Indeed, Jane wouldn’t bother with him if he chose to ignore her further! 


"The car is ready, remember to call me once you have arrived at the holiday villa. The sea breeze is chilly at night, therefore try not to stay outdoors too long." The frustrated mighty Chairman Carter finally spoke a word. Even though his tone was cold, he still sincerely cared about her. 


"Yes, I'll remember that. My beloved Chairman Carter, thank you!" she replied cheerfully. He finally said something, which brought joy to Jane as she winked at him playfully. "Then, I'll go now." 


"Okay." Edwin gave a brief response as he went to see her off. However, as Jane stepped out, he pulled her into his arms and said, "Jane, I'll miss you." 


Edwin was a man of a few words. Jane never expected herself to hear any romantic words from him as she had been used to his aloof nature after so many years. 


To her surprise, Edwin made such a scene that day, especially in front of so many people. Jane was shocked and shyly said,” Don't behave this way, Edwin. The kids are all watching." 


Edwin kept a straight face and said, "Once you leave, you'll be away for three nights. I'll have to spend three nights without you, why can't you just let me hold you a little longer?" 


"You could have hugged me last night, but you were in a bad temper. Now, you're acting like you can't be separated from me. Humph... Who knows if you are faking it?" Jane muttered. 


Edwin loosened his grip on Jane. His face slowly fell and he didn't say a word. Who said he didn't hug her to sleep the night before?! 


He kicked her away when she attempted to hug him to sleep. However, when she dozed off, he went to hug her and she ended up sleeping in his embrace. 


Of course, Edwin didn't want her to know this as it would make the situation awkward! 


"Mom, do you see that? The Uncle Edwin I know, who's always cold and aloof, gave Aunt Jane a farewell hug. And there is Dad, who didn't even see you off today. It seems like he does not care about you," Levi remarked. Just like his mother, Levi was a busybody! 


"Shut your mouth, Levi. Don't spout nonsense," Angela replied. Her nephew Andrew and his wife, Silvia were on Angela's left, reluctant to leave each other. Then, on Angela's right, her brother and sister-in-law were in each other's embrace. Next, there was another couple who couldn't get out of bed due to a passionate tryst the previous night. Angela's eyes filled with envy, and as Levi continued to chatter, Angela's anger was boiling. 


"Even if I shut up, the fact that Dad isn't here to see you off is still the truth." Levi shrugged his shoulders and added, "I'm just wondering if he doesn't want you to travel alone, or he just wants you to stay away from him, giving him the freedom to have fun." 


Angela raised her eyebrows and asked, "Levi, you know something, don't you?" 


Levi shook his head as he replied, "I'm just a twelve-year-old kid, what could I know? Sometimes, I might not be able to interpret the things I see." 


Levi wanted to cause Angela to misunderstand. Luckily, Angela knew his son all too well and said, "Let me warn you, if you know something and you keep it as a secret from me, I will not let you off the hook so easily. If you accuse him for the things he never did, I won't spare you." 


Levi felt wronged and uttered, "Mom, shouldn't you punish him if he mistreated you? Why would you blame me? I'll clarify again that I don’t know anything." 


Angela pinched his ear and said, “Stop acting like you're a kid who doesn't know anything. When you're scheming against others, you don't look like a kid who knows nothing." 


"At my age, there are things that I could and could not understand. Therefore, you should be proud and grateful to have a son like me," Levi responded. 


Angela pulled on his ear harder this time. "Brat, if you want to drive a wedge between us, do it on someone else. Don’t pull a trick on your father. Let me tell you, if you try to plot something against him, I will send you to the adoption center tomorrow." 


Send away? Levi thought to himself. 


Levi rolled his eyes before saying,"Mom, I'm your son, not your pet." 


Angela warned him, "I don't care. If you plot something against him, I won't let you go. Do you understand?" 


Levi replied, suppressing his tears, "Yes!" 


With that, Levi was sure about two things. One was that his parents were deeply in love and truly loved each other. Secondly, his birth was definitely an accident that shouldn't have happened in the first place. 


What a pitiful person Levi was! 


Just as Levi was feeling wronged and dispirited, he sensed someone watching him. He looked into the crowd and found the cheeky Julien laughing at him mockingly. 


It was frustrating, but there was nothing Levi could do about Julien. 


…………….. 


"Enough of this show of affection! We will never make it in time if you keep this up." Angela was displeased that Victor wasn't there to see her off, therefore she shouted loudly at them. She added, "We are just going away for three days and it's not even that long. What's the point of the exaggeration of emotions?" 


As she spoke, she felt a hostile gaze from the crowd. As she glanced around, she realised it was from Edwin, the one person she was ever afraid of. She quickly voiced, "Edwin, don't look at me like that, I didn't say anything wrong." 


Although what she said wasn't wrong, Angela still lowered her head and entered the car under Edwin's scrutinizing gaze. She decided that as long as she couldn't see what they were doing, she would feel better. 


Alas... Angela let out a long sigh. Why would there be an Edwin Carter in this world? He was the only person who could intimidate Angela. 


Angela could finally understand the feeling of always being second. She wanted to shout, "Why should there be an Edwin Carter when there's already an Angela Carter? Boohoo... Victor, you're a b‘stard!" 







CHAPTER 1415 



Jane chose Ocean Behae Villa for their vacation this time, which was also the place she and Edwin went for their first vacation after their marriage. 


Although there were other employees with them back then, it was also the beginning of her accepting a relationship with Edwin. For the past years, she would visit the place for a few days whenever she had time. 


Angela voluntarily took up the role of being a tour guide. Along the way, she kept chatting with Silvia, allowing her to understand more about their family. However, the more Silvia knew, the more uneasy she became. 


The Carter family ran huge businesses, and Andrew would eventually have to take over and manage them. He could not leave them all to the young Julien alone to handle, which meant he wouldn‘t be able to spend a lot of time with Silvia in Madison City. 


If Andrew was away from Madison City, it wouldn't be easy for Silvia to meet her husband. The thought of that frightened her. 


Angela patted Silvia's shoulder and asked, "Silvia, what are you thinking about?" 


Silvia smiled and replied, "Aunt Angela, is something up?" 


"We have arrived at our destination. We have agreed on having a suite, feel free to choose the room you want," Angela spoke as she walked Silvia to the first room with a splendid sea view. "The rooms along this row are facing the sea. The opposite row is facing the garden. 


"Which one do you prefer?“ Angela asked. 


"Aunt Angela, I would prefer you and the other ladies choose first. I'm fine with any room.“ All the rooms here had incredible views. Silvia felt that she might not be able to fall asleep at night from excitement! 


"Why don't you take this room then? The scenery is beautiful.“ Jane was worried that Silvia might be too embarrassed to choose one despite liking it. Therefore, she decided to give her the room with the best view. 


Silvia replied politely, "Thanks, Mrs. Carter!" 


"Why are you still calling her Aunt? When are you going to address her as Mom?" Angela teased Silvia before turning around to face Jane. "Jane, you should have a gift ready whenever Silvia decides to call you Mom.“ 


Jane raised the corners of her mouth. ”Of course, I have already prepared it. I'm just waiting for Andrew to introduce her to us formally and for her to call me Mom." 


Silvia blushed and was too shy to say a word. She was not someone who blushes easily, but recently, she had somehow become bashful. 


Angela said enviously, "Jane, you're only a few years older than me and now you already have a son-in-law and daughter-in-law. As for me, my child is still so young. I wonder when will I have the chance to be a mother-in-law?" 


Jane smiled and answered, "Why rush it when you are still young?" 


"I'm still young, but not Victor. A few days ago, I noticed a few strands of white hair on his head. He's getting older.“ Angela voiced that but secretly thought otherwise. D‘mn, he was just like the young Victor James from before who still had the same strength and stamina in bed! 


"Ring, ring, ring..." 


Silvia's phone rang unexpectedly, so she smiled apologetically. "Mrs. Carter, Aunt Angela, I’ll excuse myself for a minute." 


The call was from Mrs. Turner. She sounded anxious. "Silvia, did something happen to you in Jiangbei?" 


As soon as Silvia heard her question, she immediately thought of her miscarriage from the roller coaster accident. To keep her mother calm, Silvia replied by saying, "Mom, I'm fine. Nothing happened. Did you miss me so much that you started to have these weird thoughts?" 


Mrs. Turner questioned, "If nothing happened, why did Andrew send people over to bring me to his residence?“ 


"Did he send someone to bring you to the West Side Villa?" Silvia was stunned momentarily but she understood it immediately. "I told him last night that I was missing you a lot. He said he would arrange a meet-up soon. I didn't think he would take such prompt action." 


Mrs. Turner was still worried. "Silvia, is everything alright? You mustn't keep any secrets from me, okay?" 


Silvia smiled. “Mom, the Carters treat me very well. His mom pampers me, just like how you love me. She even cooks me delicious food herself." 


Hearing how happy her daughter was, Mrs. Turner felt relieved. "Silvia, you should treat them like how they treat you. Remember to always treat the whole family with care and concern." 


Silvia nodded. "I will." 


Mrs. Turner added, “I‘ll hang up if there's nothing else. Enjoy your time in Jiangbei and don‘t cause any trouble to others." 


Silvia said petulantly, "Mom, I am an adult now. Don't treat me like a child anymore." 


Mrs. Turner smiled and replied, "Yes, you're not a child anymore. Thus, you should be working on your temper, always remember to be mindful of your words and actions so that you don't look like someone with poor manners. Understand?" 


Silvia nodded in response. "Yes, I know what to do. The people from the Carter family are still waiting for me to unpack. I'll hang up first. Goodbye, Mom!" 


After hanging up the phone, Silvia returned to her room. Angela and Jane had already helped her put away her luggage. Although her mother told her that she was not a child in other people's houses, the Carter family really pampered her and arranged everything well for her. 


Angela suggested, "Since our luggages is in order, should we go out for a stroll, or do you want to rest?" 


Silvia replied, "The view here is so amazing, it would be a total waste if I don't walk around the vicinity. Let's go for a walk." 


Angela nodded. "Great, let's go. Let’s get lunch after the walk. Then, we'll have a good rest and wait for Janell Joy, who should be here by evening. 


Silvia said, "Okay." 


They planned this trip to help Silvia to relax, hence she was the main priority. Silvia felt particularly guilty and wanted to tell them the truth several times. She knew about what happened and she had fully accepted it. But, after some thought, she decided not to say anything. 


The whole family was helping Andrew hide the truth from her. How could Silvia reveal it and keep them worried? 


At the same time, the men from the Carter family were also keeping busy. 


Andrew had been back for a long time, but Edwin hadn't had time to have a good talk with him. Therefore, as the ladies were not home, he found Andrew and told him, "Andrew, l have something to ask you." 


Andrew stood up straight and respectfully looked at Edwin. "Yes, Dad?" 


"Have a seat." Edwin pointed at the sofa beside him. As Andrew took his seat, Edwin said, "Your business in Madison City has reached a certain extent and I think it would do well if you continue to work on it. Logically speaking, I shouldn't stop you, but I hope you could take over some of my work at Shengtian." 



No comments:

Post a Comment